Reviews for Eye Envy
Andoriol chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Good god that's awesome. I love it. It's a MUCH more reasonable explanation for the sharingan/byakugan issues. Though I'm seriously curious what Hinata's super byakugan would do... The sharingan see's through illusions, predicts, and copies crap at normal levels as well as casting weaker genjutsu... yet the mangekyou usually gives black flames that can burn anything, SUPER genjutsu, an invulnerable bone-thing-defense genjutsu sword OF DOOM! and a dimension hide-away thingy.

What would super!byakugan do then? It'd have to be something badass...

Hm... I have some ideas... going by your explanation (which rocks by the way, and makes sense all considered) then the super byakugan would probably be able to turn something into black or pure white ice/or convert an object within its divintation into snow or something... though as the byakugan has no ninjutsu nor genjutsu casting abilities, it probably wouldn't have another real ATTACK, but rather a constant passive, yet powerful ability... in addition to not burning away the users eyes.

Fire needs fuel to burn, and using your story, the mangekyou would use the users eyes as fuel to 'burn' with its full power.

Ice doesn't do stuff like that, though I'm thinking using the 'freeze something in black ice/turn something into snow/whatever ice ability it is' thing more than once a week or so would put strain on the users blood vessels and such in their head. Too much ice expands cracks and rocks kinda stuff. Not as majorly destructive as the mangekyou, but potentially hazerdous if it's not caught...

Oh, and would you mind me using this idea/explanation in my story? Even if it wouldn't show up for quite some time, it's just too awesome to just pass up :D

All in all, this is just made of win, it's a coherent explanation and gives the byakugan (which is SUPPOSED to be related to the Sharingan, and ALL doujutsu are supposed to be descended from the Rinnegan) potential for equal power to the *RIDICULOUSLY* overpowered mangekyou sharingan. That and it's got NaruHina fluff, and I'm a sucker for fluff. :P
Amber Pegasus chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Cool story! Two thumbs up!
the DragonBard chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Actually, the reason why the Sharingan is so powerful is obvious.

Look at the pic of the Juubi, it's eye specifically. It's a super-Sharingan with nine tomoe. I theorize it might even be the source of the Rinnegan, but that's just a theory.
the Red King chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
the 2 stories of the evolution of the Sharingan a.k.a Emoeye and the Byakugan a.k.a Metal eye was awesome i really like the thing with the woman of Fire and Ice it was really interesting D
Zankaru Zelladonii chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
~*~*~*~

AHH! This chapter read too fast!

I greatly hope you decide to continue with this, even if it does end very well for a one-shot.

~*~ZZ~*~
Deathmvp chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
I liked this and I hope you decide to expaind on it some more.
Baughn chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
"After all, if it was as simple as sacrificing yourself instead of another, then who would really be interested in such an action?"

Well, Hinata, for one. Interesting.
hattuteline chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
It's not too bad for a start, but I don't understand how this is "original fiction." If you had written up a new world with new characters that had nothing to do with Naruto or any other existing title, then I'd call it original fiction.
deitarionSSokolow chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Another delightfully creative look into the gaps and inconsistencies in Naruto. I love it.
MlleMisanthrope chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
This was very interesting, and pleasant to read. It flowed beautifully and the ideas presented were believable. I hope you do decide to add to this. After all, Hinata's eyes were aching. I would like to see where you take this.
Bobboky chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
this story idea/start is awesome
Silver Warrior chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
this was rather well written, I liked it. Kinda a shame though it seems to be a oneshot. This could be the foundation for a pretty damn good story.
Thyrokio chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
Good work
narutos vixen chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
you should make this a full bown story or at least show what happens to hinatas eyes...
TL chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
We all want to know just where the hell it is, though I do like your idea.

If Hinata gets stronger eyes for her actions aginst Pain for Naruto...

Well all I can say is here's hopeing.
94 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 Next »