Reviews for Threnody
pf-joseph chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
This tale is more complex than the others, bringing in characters from other tales and making references to Kino's past. Took me a bit to get the part on Horo and Hanyuu, but nothing Google cannot uncover.

The Furies epitomising Kino's grudges, the plan to sabotage the atrocities ongoing in Kino's hometown (the bit on the Inspector is very clever - even I didn't see that he wasn't a smiley!), the plan to bring it down, and to send the hospital staffers to the Land of Disease, as well as bringing Gia back.

The events were well coordinated, the chases and the timing of the plan bringing in a little rush in the tempo.

Hanyuu and Horo's personalities weren't fleshed out too much, but that's because of the timing required in the plan. Perhaps the Inspector could have been given a bit more limelight too, before he was knifed. Otherwise, this is another enjoyable read. Great job! D
Hunterminator chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
Well, you've done it again.

I finish reading your fic with my emotions completely jumbled. You really have an emotionally powerful way of writing. I don't know if I'm alone in this but I feel a lot of the emotions of Kino during the story. The feeling of fear the furies inspire, the satisfaction when the plan goes well and the complete destruction of that satisfaction with the last dirty trick.

In one sentence, my opinion of this fic is, I liked it.
GDeacur chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
The Furies... great idea. The old fashioned tune, the husky feminine voice; I love the way you take well known things and rework them into an extraordinary but not ridiculous world. And your use of similes is superb - I'm thinking of Gia's face in particular.

I just wish I could say I like the resolution in this story. Something about her knifing the guy irks me.

No matter, I'm on the edge for the end.
Oriko chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Well that was certainly interesting. Very inventive with a sense that there even with the surface weirdness there was something more going on under the surface. Also, go Kino.