Reviews for Eckhart's Apprentice
zed chapter 5 . 5/8/2011
make more because it kicks ass.
VVolf chapter 5 . 3/4/2010
Ah, welcome back! The beginning was very good. Very entertaining.

Ok, one little question. It's about Rose's transmutation tattoos. You wrote, "Nothing fancy, just the usual details needed to make any transmutation work." Uh, ANY transmutations? Is that even possible? Kimberly's tattoos are for blowing things up, Mustang's is for adjusting the oxygen densities in the surrounding atmosphere so he can create flames anywhere in the surrounding area at will and manipulate them as he desires. So shouldn't Rose's tattoos be only able to transmutate a limited number of things? I don't really think there is an all-purpose/omnipotent transmutation tattoo. Just my opinion.

You certainly surprised me with Elicia. A good portrayal of the cruelty of war. I'm not sure I've ever seen other writers include Bald...his automail was made of pure win.

So now we know a little about the other casts and this underground faction. I wonder what they next operation will be about. Til next time!
ZAP IS ZAK chapter 5 . 3/2/2010
Oh! Liked that one too! Great job! I was kept interested through the whole thing. Update soon.
ZAP IS ZAK chapter 4 . 2/27/2010
Yay! I loved this tory, please update soon.
VVolf chapter 4 . 1/8/2010
Sheska? I thought she was called Sciezska? Or do both names go?

You're mixing in quite a number of the characters from the first anime I see. I was most surprised with Bald.

So I take it the Nazi's have taken over the entire country, or just Central? I'm more curious of the neighbouring countries' action/stance when Amestries was fighting with the Nazis. We all know that almost all of them were not on good terms with Amestries (obvious with the constant conflicts at the borders and Amesties' status as a military government). I would think they wouldn't remain neutral in a possible chance to see their enemy's downfall.

I'm thinking Noa would be shocked to the bone to see Rose. They, technically, have the same face after all.

Sadism and Spite. Nice. I didn't think it would be so hard to come up with a name. If there's one thing we humans excel at, it's the unless list of sins we can come up with.

I hope you're feeling better. Til next time.
TheMarshmaloWizardGhostCookie chapter 4 . 1/7/2010
This is great! Very unique and well written! Will this be an EdWin or EdRose? Anyways, update soon!
VVolf chapter 3 . 1/3/2010
Thanks for addressing my concern. I didn't recall the term being used in CoS.

An unexpected turn of events indeed! I like this new Central you've created. I almost forgot who Psiren was...

If the new government was anything like the one in CoS, would it mean that Noa would still be considered socially inferior to them?

This Ishbalan Giant definitely catches my interests. Wasn't most of the Philosopher's Stones created using Ishbalan souls?

Is this a Ed/Rose or a Ed/Noa? (They're technically the same person from the two worlds. And I realized that Noa's name is absent from the list of characters on this net) Just curious, that's all, if there's indeed a pairing in the future.

“You’re… taller?”

“DON’T PHRASE IT LIKE A QUESTION!”

Hahahaha. One of my favourite moments from the manga. Til next time. Happy New Year.
VVolf chapter 2 . 12/23/2009
Yes, we finally get to see the trio! You're quite descriptive and some of the scene are very intense.

Ok, my historical senses are screaming at me. Bear with me, it's nothing big really. Just a heads up. "Fuhrer" was the term Hitler gave himself in 1933. The Beer Hall Putsch was in 1923 (making it 1927 in your story), so it's not possible for the term to appear yet.

Like I said, nothing big. I'm really loving the story. Never would I imagine the ending, that thing..."It was a scream uttered only by those who believe, with all their heart, that they have seen hell." Very nice, spot on description. Bravo!

I would of thought that Ishbalans would be the last to use Alchemy (with their religion and such), especially in this way...interesting indeed. Til next time.
Tetsui chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
And instantly favorited. You've been telling me about this for a while and I hope it can get off the ground. Can't wait to see what you do with this.
VVolf chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
Interesting take. I personally loved the movie and being a History Major myself, could easily agree that Hitler, with his endless ambitions, would come up with such a plan. I would have loved to help point out (if any) historical inaccuracy, but sadly Inter-war Germany ain't really my forte. However, if my memory serves, you're doing a nice job so far. Plus, I believe that as long as you don't go too in-depth, you should be ok.

You've polished up your work quite nicely. I appreciate the effort. I would advise that if you're going to include foreign languages (most likely German), it would be best to add in the translation at the bottom of the page. I'm just curious about every detail.

So I assume there would be a Ed/Rose pairing? Haven't seen one for God knows how long. A promising start, adding this to alert. Cheers!