Reviews for Old City Bar
Ranchero D chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
SWEET!

Thank you for this wonderful story! Job WELL done!

Dave
AKA Grandpa RD
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
*sniffles* How sweet.

Hana's just an adorable little walking plot device, isn't she?
Rye-bread chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
The Glacially Slow Reader / Always the follower, never the leader / Arriving a year after the fact / Just my average typical act

For just a moment, the little girl conjured the image of Dickens’ Little Match Girl. But your story wasn’t quite that bleak. :D On the Nativity Night, a Virginal Lass bears a Child, Angelic chorales fill the skies, animals talk, spirits visit misers, and hearts are warmed, and a world-weary heroine-turned-villainess-turned-reluctant-heroine is touched in a deeper way than ordinary mortals might accomplish.

We never know where we’ll be in another year; or even another moment. But we’re glad you’ve made to this point. Sentinel 103 has kept us abreast. Merry and holy Christmas as you convalesce.

I have this knack for overdramatizing . I dug the tale, of course.
InfiniteMystery chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
aw such a cute story! And you even kept Shego perfectly in character! 83
Mystique84 chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
i'm sorry to say...i had no idea what was going on
Mr. Wizard chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
I'm really sorry I missed this one when it came out. I love the SSP thread, it lets me catch up on such jewels. Gotta say, I like Shego's name. :)
Thomas Linquist chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Sorry it took me so long to get to this. My loss, not to have read it before the eve of miracles.

The only miracle that didn't happen was Drakken learning to sing.
PengyChan chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
You know, you reall have a knack for descriptions - I felt like I was inside the bar as I read the description, and I could feel what the atmosphere was like as well. It doesn't happen often that find a the description of a place this suggestive, so be proud XD

Wow, Shego was surely in a bad mood. Not that it surprise me since that is definitely not the way we know she likes spending her Christmas - it must have taken a while for Drakken to convince her to spend the holiday with him and his mother rather than in some tropical island.

I loved little Hana's appearance here - it's clear she's no just any child, uh? She has thing for changing the lives of people she crosses paths with XD

Also, the lyrics fit wonderfully. I really like this song too.

Shego's conversation with Hego was very touching, and you still managed to keep her IC XD And it's very believeable too, for the show kinda implies she still cares for her brothers after all.

Having her getting back to Mama Lipsky's place in the end was a perfect way to end this. Awesme job, and have a Merry Christmas!
spectre666 chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
An interesting take on our favorite greenie. (G) Some jarring parts though. KP and Ron haven't been seen since graduation? And it's Christmas? Might want to think about that.

Merry Christmas,

Spectre
ShadowCub chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Great story, I DO NOT understand Ron in a Christmas

story, but when it comes to him, I'm the Grinch.

He just sucks the joy out of any story.
noncynic chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Merry Christmas to you and yours as well. A nice little tale, and no mistake. But...Kim and ROn not seen from Graduation until the following Christmas? Maybe not freak-fighting, but...
castorg chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Phoenix,

That was anice story with the type wisdom we should all follow. Keep it up and Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas.
Michael Howard chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
I'm afraid I don't have the same fervent admiration for Shego that most of KP fandom seems to possess. As an adversary, she's terrific, very few better in fact, but I usually have a problem accepting her as an emotionally engaging lead character.

This story, however, was the exception to the exception. I liked her here. A lot. Without losing any of her hard-bitten crustiness, she managed to become deserving of the reader's sympathy.

Very nice balancing act there, SP. And another very worthy addition to your collection of wonderful holiday one shots. Hope that tradition continues for a long time.
Katsumara chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
Great little one-shot here. A fantastic job. Keep up the fine work. I still need to go catch up on your other story for it's latest chapter here in the next day or so. D:
cpneb chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
SP:

Wonderful tale, sir, and you teased me by not giving me an idea of the identity of the little girl until the end...

someone left me a message in a review here:

"And a Merry Christmas from CajunBear73 too!

I know, shameless self-promotion.

But you remember who brought me into the writing fold here, don't ya, Unka 'neb?"

Learned well, you have. CB73...lol

Thanks, SP, for something different.

...cpneb