Reviews for Vengeance
InvaderProfessorMembrane chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
I started to cry as I read this. This is absolutely perfectly written, ingeniously written. The way you added the periodic table was phenomenal. The way the professor said "the end" after he'd gotten to lawrencium was AMAZING. Can I compliment you enough for this? Can I praise you enough? I think not. Absolutely splendid. I read this a year back when I didn't know what the periodic table was and was, honestly, dumbfounded. But now that I'm obsessed with it, THIS RIGHT HERE IS AWESOME! "Abduct this." That was amazing, amazing, and amazing. I loooooooooove Professor Membrane, and you made me love him ten times more. I cried because it was over. That's one thing no other story has made me do. I love it, the thing about the periodic table, Professor Membrane's fatherly side, Gaz's in-character behavior, and Dib losing his memory. Let's not forget the part about Professor Membrane pressuring Zim with the "normal boy". 3 Thumbs up, I love it. I'm favoriting this and favoriting you.
MissNemisisFace chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Good show! I couldn't detect any errors one your part (grammatical or otherwise). Good Show!
Also, I especially loved that, when I read the ending "Das Wild in Fluren Und Triften" kicked in. That made this grand.
Jingle For Goldfish chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
Three cheers for Membrane! I really like the little details you worked in here, like the spare drawer with Gaz's contacts and the matter-of-fact explanation of Dib's mother. Some writers would have launched into a whole backstory of what caused the divorce, and I really like that you left that to the imagination. I love your protective papa-bear Membrane—I wouldn't want him hunting me down. Good story!
P.A.W.07 chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
I loved this. Stories when Membrane finally notices Dib's right are great... too bad he only seems to notice when something catastrophic happens.
Faerendipitous chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
Congratulations, my child, you have done the impossible! You have made me LIKE Professior Membrane!

What an extraordinary story! I honestly think my favorite part was how you went through the meditations. Gives membrane some depth.

The level of panic amongst the Membranes was what would have been expected in Jhonen's characters, as was the eerieness of the overall product. Brava!

~TD
FireFriday chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
... Wow... that was just AWSOME! I love how you put the periodic table of elements in there. I thought it was very fitting. great story!
freakishly chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
sick!

u made zim the bad guy and membrane an insane loving father!
trearoos chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Oh, I can't stand this! DX
Steveles chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
I loved it! FIVE STARS OUT OF FIVE!
Dibsthe1 chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
I'm not sure why I clicked on this; "Dib" in the same breath as "torture" is a combination I have learned to stay far the hell away from. However it's been a long time since I stumbled into anything like this without fighting down urges to vomit. What sets your fic above all the rest is that it does NOT depict Dib torture as in any way desirable, "hilarious," or God help us all, as indicative of any sort of "love."

Leave it to Professor Membrane to organize his world according to the periodic table; that detail was spot on perfect. It was so like we all know he would see things. It also reminded me of the way people who haven't prayed in years suddenly become very religious when they or their families are in danger or seriously sick; he seemed to be reciting this litany almost as one would a prayer.

The tension builds up steadily, even after Week Four, all the way right up to the very end. Zim deserves it, but most of the fandom seems to believe the only way for such an ending can be satisfying is if it happens to Dib... deserved or not.

If we could only see this sort of compassion towards Dib more often, I would have a much higher opinion of IZ fanfics in general. Thanks for the great, and most refreshing, read.
Randomgirl6 chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
I just love this. It's so well written. I think this really captures Membrane's personality, and the way you used the elements as his self meditation throughout the story was brillant. I love the way it built up the suspense throughout the story.
verydeactivated chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
That was great. I love how well-written it was! A definate fave:]
tere moto the sentry chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
Spectacular fic! I loved the writing style, it was well-plotted, and the way Membrane's meditation on the table of elements fit into different parts of the fic was brilliant.

_tere