Reviews for Crown of Holly
Guest chapter 1 . 9/28/2015
every year or so I come back to read this fic and am left grinning like a fool each time.
Shinkicker chapter 1 . 2/24/2015
This was a nice Thrall/Jaina. Pity Jaina went off the deep end after Theramore was destroyed. I don't think they even talk anymore.
PrayerGirl chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
Awwww! How sweet! I loved this! Are you going to writ anymore?!
Murazor chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
I don't read much Warcraft and am only mildly knowledgeable about WoW characters.

All in all, however, this works (and very well) as a character piece and is quite brilliantly written.

Kudos for it.
Aranya Ver'Sarn chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
This is hands-down one of the best Warcraft stories I have ever read, I exaggerate not. You really brought the settings to life in the mind of the reader, and the way that you wrote your orchestration of things between Varian, Jaina, and Thrall really worked for their characters. I particularly enjoyed how well you characterized Thrall, it was a delight. :) Your other characterizations and interactions were also STUNNING. I'm sitting in awe of your fic and wondering why we can't have more well-written stories like this in the fandom!
OceanFire9 chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Best. Characterizations. EVER! Everyone was SO true to form it left me stunned!
This was superbly written, and you captured the tone of Thrall and Jania's relationship flawlessly.
Karabas Du Tapis chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Easily among the best stories on this website. Thank you for that.

Loved the fact that there is no sappy happy ending, just cold Northrend reality. Broke my heart, though.
Makai-Rahl chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Oh my gosh! This story was amazing and beautifly written, and I fell in love with it right away! -km still a bit of a noob when it comes to lore (I just started playing WoW a few months ago) and this really made me think some assumptions I had about the "goodness" and "bad" of Allance and Horde. (I'm Alliance all the way too lol) but very cool story any way!

Makai
Guardian1 chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
Oh, God, I can't believe this story has been here for a year and I've never read it. This is delicious, and from the moment Jaina appears I'm completely hooked - everyone is impeccably characterised, though particular loving and subtle care is paid to Thrall and Jaina. (I also liked Garrosh, too, which is a rare feeling as I do not actually like Garrosh.)

This is a full, well-realised one-shot, I say reluctantly, as I wish it had been fifty chapters but it does what it set out to do - perfect, and with a resounding "Gotcha," at Jaina's realisation of her feelings when all along it has nonetheless been setting up for that "gotcha." This story made me remember why I loved the fandom and why I love these characters and why it irritates me horribly seeing them go to waste in canon, but this review should be a mouthpiece for how I feel about the story and not the source and so - thank you so much for writing this.
VampirePiggy chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Loved the way you handled the pairing and the story was wonderfully written.

I hope Metzen has read this. It's the most persuasive argument for Thrall x Jaina ever conceived.
TooGingerForAName chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
Awesome! You just turned me into a Thrall/Jaina shipper. :) What's it called, 'Thraina'? Or something different?
Ryuuko1 chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
This was a FANTASTIC read. I enjoyed every moment, and it was a thorough distraction from...erm...other matters. I salute you and your expert word-craft.
alliesings chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
Beautiful and bittersweet, but I guess you know that. I'm still a newb, (only reached level 42 yesterday) and I'm still learning the lore, but I'm very interested in the character of Thrall, and you've written both him and Jaina with spectacular detail and insight. Kudos for writing this piece the perfect length, leaving me wanting more but still feeling that it ended in the right place.
skipper 1337 chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
That was wonderful, though the end really was sad and heartbraking. Thrall and Jaina really deserve each other...
Thornblossom chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
I adore Angst stories and when I came to the end of Crown of Holly I was left breathless... And then I felt compelled to read the entire story again.

The writing was beautiful, tight and concise.

Thank you for sharing this with us.