Reviews for Seeing Red
sheetah chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
Lovely story. Good writing and well enough in character in my opinion. Keep it up! :)
Hayseed Socrates chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Oh wow, this is intense as any fic I've read here, and some damn fine writing you're done.
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
This was really good! Very nicely written and I hope to read more from you soon!
Steeldust-01 chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
Wow! That was intense heartwrenching and perfectly

written. Thanks for sharing!
Afterglow04 chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
Oh my.

I seem to be a bit lost for words, I'm having trouble organising my thoughts in a semi-coherent fashion. This story was recommended to me by someone else, which is why I've only now read it, months after you wrote it. But wow, this is truly a great piece of writing. How you managed to capture the very essence of Jane and Lisbon...is uncanny. I love that you were brave enough to touch on this subject, to even dare to include what Bosco said to Jane, to give us everything the writers didn't.

Their fight, the corresponding emotions, it was all so spot on, it left me reeling. We can't help but wonder to what degree Lisbon did blame Jane for it, if she did at all. I like how you handled that particular aspect here, her venomous words show that, at least to a certain degree, she does blame Jane for the fact RJ is so obsessed with him he killed 4 agents just to get him back on the case. On the other hand she quickly backtracked later and told him it's not his fault, which is most definitely something I see Lisbon doing.

Thank you for this, very well done!

- Cathy
Ebony10 chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
How did I miss this one?

Whoa. That was awesome. And well-deserving of a Jellie nominee. Really good way to deal with it. I wish they had done this in the show.
13 Jo chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
I just loved this story. It was tense. I think you grasped the Jane - Lisbon relationship really well.

In character and very very believable. Really impressive!
forthecoast chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
I have read this story more times than I can count and it is one of my favorite Mentalist fics ever, so I would be completely remiss if I did not leave you a review, even if it comes months after I read this for the first time.

Incredibly well done and VERY in character. Makes me yearn for the follow up on Bosco that we never really got, although I see this playing out so perfectly in my head that it's almost like it DID happen in my world. You have a real gift for these characters, which very few seem to have. I adore this all the more with each re-read.

PS: Love your A/N reference to Toby and Sam. Always the Batman and Robin of Speechwriting ;)
Anna chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
You are an fantastic writer. Where are my tissues?
mswyrr chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
Oh, dear heavens this is good! I liked the way you took them to a very terrible place in a believable way, confronting the stuff between them that they don't talk about usually.

It makes me regret so much the, imo, sporadic handling we've had of the fallout from the deaths of Bosco team.
Polly83 chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
That was intense...

I can't find words right now, but I love how this goes, from the bar to the fight to the hug. They do need some kind of catharsis to let go of all the tension.

Great work!
SL727 chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
Well, I came to this one a bit late I'm afraid, but very good indeed. Believable, certainly quite true to the characters, esp. Lisbon. I like it. A lot.
anthropologist chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
I really admire your writing style and the way you phrase your lines - it comes off as delicately beautiful and you have a perfect grasp on the characters. It can be challenging to put Jane and Lisbon in such a vulnerable situation together, but your characterizations never waver and it's very commendable.
tigerlily124 chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
Very nice! I have to admire how Jane handled that - and eventually Lisbon too. Thank you very much!
hardly loquacious chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
Okay, this, this is fabulous. Love the comparison at the start between Bosco and Red John, love the argument at the end that's wiped away. Love the whole thing.

This,

Go home, Jane, or back to your files. You got what you wanted after all.” She threw the words over her shoulder as she nearly ran down the sidewalk. She needed to hail a cab, but didn’t want to stop long enough for Jane to catch up.

Her words, eerily similar to what Rebecca had said to him in interrogation, hit him like a punch to the gut, sending another wave of nausea bubbling up and cresting in the back of this throat.

was particularly good.