Reviews for The Butterfly Effect
crankshaft7 chapter 17 . 6/9
In answer to your notes at the end of ch 17, yes most of the father figures in Elfen Lied are total jerks (to put it nicely) with Khota's father, Khota himself and Bando ( in a screwed up assholio jerkweed kinda way ). Also both Aiko and Nozomi were abused by their fathers for perusing their innate artistic tallents. I'm sensing a pattern here. Id say Either the author Lynn Okamoto was portraying something from his life or the life of someone he knew or its some kind of pet peave that he wants to draw attention to as an evil of society. Not to mention using it to create a character almost everyone ( who isn't a sociopath or something ) would empathise with because of the exteeemly sad and tragic state they are being raised in. Come to think of it that brings me back to the fact that the whole Elfen Lied world is full of sadness, tragedy, pain, angst, loneliness, death, regret, hatred, ignorance, cruelty, the hatered of said ignorance and cruelty, and just plain darkness. I guess that's why I love the story so darn much.
Awesome story.
crankshaft7 chapter 12 . 6/8
In chapter 12 I liked the change of perspective. I thought it was a good wat to mix things up and I think it made it more interesting seeing a painfully comical occurance as the dreaded "period" from the perspectives of both the girls and the boys. Boys are so hilariously clueless sometimes aren't we. I also think it is terribly funny that the twins swapped personalities. With Nyu clobbering the so called charmer and Kaede being all sweet and girly.
Again this is my second time reading this fic and I'm enjoying it almost as much as the first time I read it. The imagery is so wonderful and I feel like I've been watching the whole thing in a theater.
If you like E L(or am a bit obsessed with it as I am) then you gotta read this story. (what can I say...I identify with the characters in many many ways).
crankshaft7 chapter 3 . 6/6
So a few months later I'm reading this story again. Yep it's just that good.
Kaido then changed his name to Shinji Ikari, and the rest is history!
heredia chapter 30 . 3/20
weird idea that Kaede instead of Yuka giving birth from Kohta, i doubt that Yuka would let it go, but good chapter
heredia chapter 27 . 3/19
i really enjoyed part howthey soothing number 28 with their memories
heredia chapter 20 . 3/19
kouta such pain in ass
heredia chapter 17 . 3/19
i like how their did jokes onto principal
heredia chapter 15 . 3/19
my god i know she dids stupid when she didnt kill him
heredia chapter 10 . 3/19
i like how jerk shitted his pants by promise to make him handicaped
heredia chapter 8 . 3/19
very good, i like part when Nyu comforted Kaede and how Kaede saved girl from robber
heredia chapter 5 . 3/19
oh shit, i just want to skin him alive, its really horrible to slept with creature like him, its remind me how stupid bitch who talking crap about metal-bands which i love so much, tried to pick up me and asking "what you likes so much about metallers - long hair" i said: "that unlike you they have brains, and with them i have something to talk about and they didnt approve of cases with rape and torture of girls, and also - that im just the same metaller like them and have nothing to do with bitches like you" Good chapter, though pity that jerk still alive
Wow! What to say? I really loved the Elfen Lied anime and manga and have been reading and enjoying several fan fics relating to the characters from different angles and parallel worlds. I truly loved this story because it gave the characters I love an overall good life and a happy ending. You put so much thought and research into writing it and your imagery (though a bit repetitious at times) was wonderful and vibrant. Sometimes your dialoug was difficult to tell who was saying it and also in what tone it was being said but those were my only real issues and they didn't get in the was of my enjoyment of the story or the fact that I stayed up way way to late a few times because I couldn't put it down. I plan to read your fixer story and any others you might have involving Elfen Lied and maybe a few others. My hats off to ya and being a native Texan that means something. Thanks again for this story.
So reading your reply toalvarorbenavides I tend to dissagree. You are right that the narration was necissary and although you could have put more details in some places I think you did a very good job. Now as to whether or not you should be the one to do more with the charactcharacters ? You may not own elfen lied and some of the sequences may be borrowed from the manga but this story is most certainly your creation and there is no one better to create and recreate it how you think it should be. I am new to fanfiction but from what I've seen there are many talented writers portraying elfen lied as they see fit. Some are very good and some not so much. They do what they need to to express themselves and deepen their and our appreciation for the characters and you should do the same as your deaire creativity leads you. Y'all have been an inspiration to me in my own writing (I'm from Texas by the way hence the "yall") and I hope to someday share my own characters with the world too. So keep creating! Thanks and I'm looking forward to finishing this fic.
As was the premise for the movie " The Generals Daughter" I believe that there is a sin worse than murder, theft or even rape. That is the betrayal of trust. To hurt and take advantage of someone who has put their trust in you for their protection and well-being is simply the most horrendous crime a person can commit. Such people in my book should be shown no mercy whether it is a family member or friend against a child or public leaders against their constituents. Yes I am making that parallel.
Mayu's tragic past and the pain and distinction is what makes you really empathise with her and root for her in finding comfort and Happiness in security and people that love her. Dispite the fact that I have read the manga and know more or less the sequence of events in her life I think you did an excellent job of making it interesting and keeping the repetition down.