Reviews for Albus Scrooge Dumbledore
Updateoptimist chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
Are you ever gonna update this *looks up with sad watery eyes*
AColdAndBrokenHallelujah chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
How ironic. I'm supposed to be writing a character analysis on A Christmas Carol right now... :D
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
This is absolutely marvelous, and Albus is well in character. Lifelong parole-and who takes over Snape's parole if Albus dies, or does he end up remanded to the Ministry once more? And how...very Dumbledore to make him behave with gratitude that it is not worse.

I daresay if Albus was shown the future as it appeared in canon that he wouldn't have a qualm. After all, he'll be worshiped forever, while Snape is damned or forgotten, and Voldemort is finally gone forever-while Harry and his friends are rescued, as always, and live happily ever after. I honestly don't see him having any problem with the future as shown in canon.
attyfan chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
Interesting slant on the story.
duj chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
So Snape is Cratchit in this version? I think that fits him much better than Scrooge. I'm very curious to find out who the ghosts will be: Ariana, perhaps? The Bloody Baron? Lily Potter?
Alex chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
Actually that is canon!Dumbledore as portrayed in the books! His dialogue and ruthless reasoning could appear seamlessly in DH. Dubledore disgusts me in his narcissism, self-aggrandizement, lack of basic empathy and hyperbole - which means you did an excellent job since that's what I feel reading JKR's version too.

Looking forward to reading your version actually learning something before the end. For instance learning to view humans, even non-Gryffindor ones, as individuals with feelings and motivations rather than pawn to be used, manipulated and discarded at will. Or that he's a lot less perfect, infallible and clever than he thinks he is. Or that he isn't the sole instance to determine the "greater Good" and what sacrifices *others* have to make for attaining it... That would be more than JKR ever did with the character. So, nice to read something like this!

Dumbledore makes MUCH more sense as Scrooge (than guilt-wrecked and eternally sacrificing while scorned for it Snape) when one looks at AD's *actions* and *behaviour* rather than the superficial "dotty, delightfully excentric but benevolent grandfather" personality he sports but certainly doesn't live...