Reviews for Birthdays Left Behind Scott's Story
SerenaDeb chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Oh, that was so sweet. Murdoch thinking that Scott would be missing the birthdays he'd had in Boston and Scott explaining how shallow those were and how much more he'd enjoyed his birthday with his family, was just lovely.
sairy chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
Thanks very much for another great story. You are one of my favorite authors and your latest accomplishment is a good example. Not too maudlin or sentimental. The only complaint-not enough stories. Ronnie
Ellery3 chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Very nice short fic! Characters are in character as I see them in the series.:) I liked how you had Murdoch take that step to talk with Scott. I especially liked this line:

“I’ll be happy to do that if he wants,” Scott said quietly as they headed for the stairs. “But I wouldn’t be too surprised if he decided to spend his birthday at home too.”

Great reading!
siroccomo-ctss chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
So glad to see another story from you. As you are truly one of my favorite writers - I find it a special treat when I come to this site and see a new story from you.

And this one - lives up to my expectations!

Enjoyed the scene between Scott and Murdoch - the father so unsure of whether his oldest would stay, thinking the 'family birthday' celebration no comparison to what his son had in Boston.

And of course he was right in that regard, there was no comparison - as there was no love, no thoughts given as to what the 'birthday' celebrant needed or wanted.

And Scott of course - thinking of the love he had felt - how special it all had been.

Well done indeed, my friend!

BAnder54 chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
This is a sweet protrayal of Scott's birthday. here's my favorite line: Scott took the glass. “Celebrating what, sir?”

Murdoch lips tweaked up slightly. “Twenty-five years ago today… my first child was born.”

So glad Murdoch said this to Scott! I can imagine birthdays between Boston and Lancer *would* be different, lol. Glad he has family to share in the day.

Stroma chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Great to read another fic of yours.
wlk68 chapter 1 . 12/21/2009