Reviews for When It Breaks
Elli Cole chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
I loved it so much. My eyes teared up and my heart hurt. I love the way you told the story. Brilliant.
LeanneDaseyLover chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
I love it, but I'm so freakin confused right now. How did you come up with this? What was your inspiration? More importantly What does it mean? lol

I loved the Dizzie simply because you actually have to dig some to find it. You see he cares. I mean he followed her when she bailed, he shared his coffee when we all know he doesn't share, and I kinda got the impression that maybe he didn't flirt with the chick at the counter seeing as how she sent Lizzie a nasty look. Also, he looks hurt when Liz tells him she got kicked off of the team. She cares for him too. Twice she mention the cars, cards, and girls, so we know that bothered her. She places her feet in his snow prints, thinks 'indirect kiss' when he drinks after her, and seems kinda upset when he says he's leaving.

I feel slightly depressed though. It has to be tough to live in Casey's shadow and it would make sense she would feel left out that Dennis would come back for Casey and not Lizzie. I mean the divorce had to have affected her as well. More so even.

The fact that she forgot how to skate and therefore was kicked off the team, which somewhat hurts Derek, just adds on to the depression.

Part of me sorta wonders if maybe Derek had something to do with her forgetting. I mean hockey has always been his thing. If she does have a crush on him then him leaving most likely hurt her in some way. Hockey would remind her of him, which she probably doesn't want. Therefore, in an effort to block the pain, she subconsciously forgets how to skate. You know like a defense mechanism or something...I don't know.

Anyway, sorry if any of that was rambly or didn't make sense. Just know I love this story despite it's "layers of depth that even I don't understand." lol

Jessi
lemonleaves chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Poor Lizzy. :( We all have those days when we feel small and inferior. Poor girl needs to have a chat with Paul or something.

Lizzy's awesome in her own way though. It's hard to be yourself when the people around are pretty much perfect.
bobalinabokonon chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Ah, this is like a dull pain. There's hardly any "action", but the mess of all the motivations and reactions make this a weirdly...enthralling story. And now I feel the need to watch this series-the fics I've read for it are too damn interesting not to. Huzzah.

Really good! Except I am confused, but I've been confused for a couple months now. Yeah. Good.
tamilnadu09 chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
wow so the only reason i read this is because i know you're a good writer, and you proved it again with this story. i guess it's a little too deep for me to understand (i never was good at the whole analyzing thing lol) but it's a beautiful story all the same.
windfalling chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
At first, I was hesitant to read this, because it was Derek and Lizzie and they were complicated and I hadn't even thought of them and they weren't something you saw often, but -

- but since the author was you, I gave it a shot.

And I'm really glad I did, because this was just-just gorgeous. How she defines herself as others see her, how she runs from Casey and sees Derek instead... and the hot chocolate being coffe and Derek being - Derek. And how she forgot how to skate, and it's just - wow.

It's not hard to forget how to skate if you haven't skated for a while, since I forgot how myself... The last two lines, though - I love them. This is just - lovely.
WhenLighteningStrikes chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Wow...I wasn't even aware that you'd written these :O I knew it was supposed to be a Christmas gift, but I didn't think it'd get done by then. Shows how much I know.

This was lovely. I think it was an excellent Dizzie simply because you didn't get the feeling that you're reading a Dizzie at all. There weren't any characteristic cliches or anything. The whole thing through Lizzie's eyes made the fic for me. Lizzie's own acceptance of the fact that she's defined by other people was a little sad and felt almost too real.

The whole tone of the fic was so quiet and I just read it again while reviewing (I've already read it thrice to understand, it went past my head initially) and I've realized I will have to favorite it. That is the mark of an excellent writer; when it actually takes you a while to know whether you like the piece or not. I still don't get the Derek-Lizzie dynamic completely and I have to hound you about it sometime, but suffice to say I really liked it.
itsi3 chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
Aww Lizzie, hunny!

Seriously if you think about it this is a Perfect Lizzie fic! She always had a odd special bond with Derek and really never made her own name... as anything other than a Eviromentalist... That's a big word! 14 letters!

I loved it!

Crystal
Pinkmoon chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
I love this. I've always believed it would be easy for Lizzie to have a slight crush on Derek and for Derek to fit the big brother role with her more smoothly than with Casey. And there's something very beautiful about you're style of writing. Anyways, great story.
mayfair22 chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
oh...um...Gah!...I don't know...

the most brilliant, amazing thing about this story was that it was a Dizzie without really being a Dizzie,because I think it was just Lizzie...I say this and then there is this image of Derek stuck in my head,a Derek who drives to London(without Casey) notices Lizzie backing out ,follows her, shares a cofee with her and then drives off...and bloddy hell , I'm as confused as the poor girl herself...What does that mean? He was being nice...nice like the "as my step brother? , No! as your elder brother (insert agrin which doesn't reach your eye)" or was just being nice as in being nice...(because I don't think he was being romantic at all...just that nice but then even that word has so many nuanbces attached to it...)

moving on to subject where I make more coherent sense...I like te fact that you touched on the aspect that it obviously effects Lizzie that Dennis comes back for Casey and not Lizzie...okay so divorced parents had put a bent on Casey , but what makes anyone think that it didn't affect Lizzie...she's younger and probababaly it played more on her part...(offcourse Casey made a biiger deal about it, one: she is a drama queen, two: teenagers just have a way of putting all the misery onto themselves...)..so this played good

and for no reason at all..I love this line, "the drink steams between them"

also, I'm still trying to think how can one forget how to skate...

Lastly, loved it...