Reviews for Elven lament
S chapter 6 . 2/29/2004
Please don't beat me up for having nothing to say. You always leave me nothing to say.
...
Yeah. You managed to imspire. *nods* Not that its anyting. *nods*
Jillian Baade chapter 6 . 5/9/2003
I liked the end, Daeron meeting Eldarion, a descendant of Luthien's. Did he stay in Gondor, or wander off again? Maybe he went east after leaving Doriath, hoping to meet the Avari who dwelt in the east.
RavenLady chapter 6 . 4/27/2003
This is such a creative story!
Indille chapter 6 . 8/5/2002
Wow. I love it. I don't remember what the battle before Dagor-nuin-Giliath was called, but I can probably find out...

I have read Sil. at least 3 times and Lotr 10 (no exaggeration) so perhaps I could help answer some questions... I'm slightly obsessed (all right, more than slighlty...)

I hate it when people review things but don't provide decent critisism, but I honestly can't think of anything critical to say...

I'd actually thought of writing something from Daeron's point of view, but won't be able to now, because yours is so good...

Just so you know, your English grammar is FAR better than some of the people I know who have spoken it all their lives...
Oboe-Wan chapter 6 . 4/7/2002
oh. What a beautiful beautiful end for such an incredible story.

It makes me wonder... Would Daeron have been able to see a little bit of Luthien in Eldarion, as his mother "walked in her likeness", and he is descended from her on both parents sides...

How unspeakably sad... to have spent so many millennia alone! I truly pity Daeron.

I wonder... what an interaction between Celeborn and Daeron would be like at this point in time. Hm. Very curious.

(yes, Celeborn did remain in Middle-earth after Galadriel went to the havens. NickelS and I discussed this point extensively, so if you'd like, I can forward our conclusions in the form of email coorespondence to you.)

This really was an incredible, lovely story. Excellent work! I can't wait to see what you're working on next...
Oboe-Wan chapter 5 . 4/7/2002
This is such a beautiful chapter!

I particularly love your glimpse of Thingol, alone. It's so very striking. The description of him, and Daeron's response and perception of him. wow.

(I see that your changed your email addy... I actually DID write back to you about Helcaraxe... did you get it on your old account? Sorry I was out of touch for so long!)
Midori Jace chapter 4 . 3/14/2002
Really nice piece of writing! There's just so little stories of the Silmarillion "era"

Yours is one of the best i've read. I've always wondered how Daeron felt, losing Luthien

and then most likely hearing about the Hidden Kingdom's destruction afterwards (if he

did not die before that). It's always the tragic sadness that makes the best musician

after all, how else can a Teleri elf surpass say, the likes of Maglor, elves brought up

in Valinor. Anyways, kind of sidetracking here, but I really like your story. Do continue

writing!
Oboe-Wan chapter 4 . 3/10/2002
A very interesting insight into Daeron's mind. (And how it must torture him later that Luthien indeed chooses a renowned warrior over him.)

It's peculiar... I like Daeron, and yet I don't. He's a confusing character, and I think you're portraying him very well. I'm eager to read more!
Oboe-Wan chapter 3 . 3/10/2002
actually, I think the end of the chapter flowed a little better than the beginning.

I liked the fire imagery you used to describe Luthien. Very appropriate, and very striking. I think you've captured her very well - she's such a strong character, but has a sweet, childish tendency to trust that lands her in trouble so often.

The whole conflict between the minds of Luthien and Daeron was excellent. I like the way you're telling the story without reiterating the parts that Tolkien already wrote, and filling in the gaps.

I'm enjoying this so much! And am SO impressed that English isn't your first language. Your command of it is wonderful, and so often poetic.
Oboe-Wan chapter 1 . 3/3/2002
Beautifully written! I can SEE why you're proud of a few sentences, but you OUGHT to be proud of the whole thing.

Although I DO know the story, I'm eager to see how you tell it from this perspective.
Croaking chapter 3 . 3/2/2002
This is really beautiful. Your descriptions are incredible; your writing style is eloquent and captures the difference between elves and men wonderfully. I'm glad I found this; it is one of the most inspiring things I have read in a long while. In my opinion there aren’t enough First Age fic’s around here. And telling the story of Luthien and Beren from Daeron’s point of view is a brilliant idea that you've executed amazingly. Can't wait for more! (Sorry for rambling on for so long-I'm just so happy to find an original fic in a see of trash)
Finrod Felagund chapter 2 . 2/23/2002
Don't stop now!:) I'm hooked! Write more soon, please! I say continue with the story until you get to a down point where you can do a flashback. Until then, you will only be stopping the present action that I can't wait to see!:)
Soledad chapter 2 . 2/23/2002
I'm so very glad to find someone who is iterested in the Elder Days, when the Elves were much more powerful and rather different. For my part, I didn't dare to work with this time frame yet. This is beautifully written, though. Please, continue some time soon.
toastedcheese chapter 2 . 2/20/2002
I LOVE this story. It's much better quality that the dumb stories that have been popping up recently, and it's nice to hear an old story from the point of view of a not-so-perfect elf. I've always liked poor Daeron, even though he could be a jerk. I like the way that you've written him so far. Keep writing, please!
elowyn chapter 2 . 1/31/2002
you describe scenes beautifully in french and in english. i sincerely hope you do continue this story as it was the title that first drew me to it and i was not disappointed with the first 2 chapters. )