Reviews for Against All Odds
GlitterFrog chapter 14 . 5/24/2014
For what it's worth, I really enjoyed this one. It's beautifully written, showing three different reactions to the marriage through only two perspectives. Also, it's just bittersweet enough to keep from being OOC.
GlitterFrog chapter 13 . 5/21/2014
Ahhhhhh- this chapter was just perfect! It was beautifully written. Kudos to you for writing about something that most readers/movie watchers wouldn't consider important: the power of a voice. Well done!
GlitterFrog chapter 12 . 5/21/2014
This isn't embarrassingly OOC by any stretch! Sweeney's reluctant but also doing what he can to keep his accomplice out of Bedlam and to accept the responsibility that has been handed to both of them. The ending made me squee a bit. It's just the right amount of sweetness for a grim situation. Lord knows Nellie doesn't have many moments where she has cause to be happy. You did a very nice job here!
GlitterFrog chapter 11 . 5/21/2014
Stop fighting it, Sweeney! You know you care for Mrs. Lovett... xD You did an excellent job here portraying Sweeney's uncertainty, as well as painting an excellent snapshot of both women and their places in his life.
GlitterFrog chapter 10 . 5/21/2014
Oh, this chapter put my feels through a cheese grater. It isn't that your others weren't heartbreaking- they were- but this one was so poignant that I couldn't leave it without commenting. This is so painfully true for Nellie. She has no one to be there for her the way that she is for them. Sweeney cannot give her what she yearns for, and she's afraid to lean on Toby even though he loves her so. You did a wonderful job here. *sniffle*
Guest chapter 30 . 10/9/2013
it have made us cry sweet writer
Guest chapter 28 . 10/9/2013
hi.I is very beautiful
Defying.Expectations chapter 15 . 1/2/2011
I seem to quite like all the drabbles you're not too fond of. xD Because I absolutely love the imagery in this. Of both he and Nellie being shackled to each other, he resentful, she proud. It's very true. Murder ties people together like nothing else, haha, and they're both dragging each other down to hell with the deceit and betrayal and secrets . . . and loving it (in Nellie's case, at least). The dance imagery was beautiful too; so many ST authors use it (myself included, baha), but honestly, I never tire of it. I love when they dance. Even though they're not actually even dancing in the film and just on some machine, LOL, I still love it.

"For her to expect him to love her when she knows the heart of Sweeney Todd beats for no one – an organ that just exists in a dead man's chest." That's an awesome image too. Not just because it reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean. xD Usually I see Sweeney describing himself as not having any heart, but the notion of an empty organ, just going through with its perfunctory motions, is even more fitting. I mean, that's what Sweeney does with his whole life: perfunctorily goes through the motions.

Oh gosh. This is just one big mess of a review, isn't it? My apologies. ; I quite loved this drabble, if that didn't come through!
Defying.Expectations chapter 14 . 1/2/2011
BAHAHA. Awesome. Oh, poor Toby. Nothing further to say. xDDD
Defying.Expectations chapter 13 . 1/2/2011
I love how Nellie recognizes him the instant he opens his mouth. I've always wondered at what point -exactly- she realizes his identity. It's so hard to read Nellie sometimes. It makes sense that it'd be once he starts talking; his appearance is drastically different, after all, but once she can again lose herself in his voice . . . mmmm. It's a nice image.
Defying.Expectations chapter 12 . 1/2/2011
D'aww. Cute. It's nice to think that Sweeney -would- do the responsible thing and get hitched with Nellie should such a situation ever arise . . . though what would happen post-Lucy's-death is another matter . . . s
Defying.Expectations chapter 11 . 1/2/2011
Mmm. This is nice. Todd musing on the two different women in his life. Now if only he'd realize that only one of these women complements him as he is now . . .

"Lucy may still hold his heart, but Mrs. Lovett holds the anchor to his sanity." Haha. Or what's left of it, at least.
cookie-pocky-strawberry-love chapter 30 . 1/2/2011
this chapter has brought tears to my eyes :') mostly because well poor mrs.l :( also cause this storys ending and it really was one of my favorites... but i cant wait for you to post a new story :D
Gallows Calibrator chapter 30 . 1/1/2011
...Continued reviews? I nearly laughed at that. But nevertheless thank you for the shout-out. :P

But yes, despite the infrequent reviews I have been reading all of them (Yet not reviewing... I am a horrible, horrible person, I know.) and loving them and your fantastic writing. I love the [insert name of figurative language] with the miles between them. (too lazy and full of food to give a shat, haha. :P)

And happy new year to you too!
Charmingly-Evil chapter 30 . 1/1/2011
another great chapter! i really felt so sad for nellie. you did a great job ;)