Reviews for Where Loyalty Lies
spopococ chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
Wow. :)

This was delightfully dark, and albeit a little twisted. LOVED it. lol.

It's not often that people write of Tseng's connections to Wutai, and I love the way that you've done so here. Some lines that really stood out to me were:

"What he had said then had made me feel sick.

"Nah, I didn'. But I'da liked to.""

-To be honest, it made me feel a little sick too, but wow, what a fantastic representation of the differences beween one life and another.

" I’ve sold my soul to the President of the ShinRa company. I have no regrets."

- Love the way that you represent loyalty here, considering I think it's a main theme between the Turks and Rufus.

I loved this. :)
Shadow Haloed Angel chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
The first person POV in this works really well, and I'd never believe it was your first attempt! The voice echoing through it is really effective, and the change in perceptions works really well, not too fast, nice and gradual. It is very touching and empathetic the way Tseng feels guilty for having 'sold his soul', and the way the change in President changes his feelings.

I like the way you portray Tseng as to holding on to what he was taught, even though he feels it might not be relevant to him anymore, the way he still prays to a deity he believes in, but also believes will not listen, and the way he believes in absolute respect for parents and elders. It is true that Tseng would expect and demand utter loyalty and I think that comes across really well.

I really appreciate all the effort you're going to with these, it's an incredible gift, and I'm so grateful. I had forgotten that I hadn't reviewed this - I usually review straight after reading, but I was busy and forgot. I love this fic a lot, it is one of my favourites, I am so glad and so proud this is for me. Thank you hun!