Reviews for Rose Petals & Pavement
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
A great story. Very well written.
frantic-daydreamer chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
He sunk halfway to one knee, held up his beer, cigarette dangling precariously from his full lips and uttered that fateful phrase.

i really liked how clear the imagery was here. the entire description of how young and impulsive they were was great!

jen
Cullen Concession chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Really enjoyed the one shot~
Ginger98 chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Okay, Koda, I read it. I didn't really know what to expect, & I didn't read the description or anything, so I was kinda surprised. And you're probably wondering what I even mean by all that! I really did like it. A lot. I could just picture all those petals in their stunning beauty lying there crushed on the sidewalk, scattered carelessly behind the girls by the wind as they walked on to their destination. Beautiful imagery, even for a drunken e-mail binge! I do have to admit to almost gagging over the mention of Jacob, but since it didn't work out, I can overlook it.

I think you did a wonderful job!
Wendy Addictedtoff chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
I enjoyed this. I would love to hear more about these 3 and their stories. Love the destruction of the rose petals and the meaning behind it.
WickedCurveBall74 chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
Dude! "not a good fic writer" my ASS! This is wonderful! I'd love to read more about the devastation and the 3 girls' stories. You should be writing more, my dear!
ProfileRemoved6-5-2012 chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
Koda! That was BEAUTIFUL! Seriously. LOVED it3
angelspinknose chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
i liked this. much better than those cheesy one shots that have edward & bella falling in love at first sight.
Openhome chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
This is well written and nicely done for a quick one shot. I love the way you wove the beauty of the flowers into the healing from pain. Keep writing.
LJ Summers chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
Hello! katmom sent me. :)

First, many kudos on posting your first fic and popping the cherry. It takes guts to put yourself out there. :)

You have a nice, conversational style that's easy to read and catches some vivid imagery. The petals on the pavement being apparently savaged by these young women is very clear.

It's hard, I confess, for me to read a one-shot in which I do not sympathize with the first-person narrative. I can't actually find myself "liking" your Bella, but you have portrayed her consistently and with a minimal amount of extraneous detail. I would see her if I met her on the street, roses notwithstanding, and that speaks well of your characterization of her.

So... Do you plan on sharing more with us? :)
RowanMoon chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
The infamous Ainslie. I've heard Leanne sing your praises as her beta. Congratulations on posting a piece of your own! It's fabulous. My favorite section was this;

~In taking something so delicate, so structured and perfect and committing an unjustified act of violence, I had created even more beauty. Instead of crumpling up and becoming ugly, it exploded out into a multitude of petals, which softly rocked in the wind and settled back into the ground.

We all stood there stunned, just appreciating the moment. None of us believed in true love, but you couldn’t deny what that action represented. You can’t destroy something like that. Perfection was perfection, and tearing it apart only made it stronger.~

What an insightful, delightful one shot! I really enjoyed it!
sophilia tantrum chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Good day,

Leelan recommended this to me :-) I'm not a big fan of one-shots since I prefer long winded stories. But I did enjoy your creativity and your writing style. I think your a good writer. You have potential in writing a good story (just because that's what I like to read :-)). Continue the good work.

Cheers,
katmom chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Leelan sent me...I wonder if I should have known the secret knock first? Ah well...

A very thought provoking piece...

Your visuals were amazing...I could see the spilled water...the splash of rose petals...

The freedom of destroying them to make a different kind of beauty...

Thanks for sharing...

Kathie
Leelan Oleander chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
AW A! Thanks so much for that!

Good for you for posting your story. It's a good one, and it showcases your awesomeness. It's tender, witty, and full of A goodness.

I LOVE the last line. I really do.