Reviews for Within Our Own Shadow
hayatefan chapter 3 . 4/21/2014
"could actually cast a defensive spell". I think there's a missing 'not' in there.
Warclam chapter 5 . 2/25/2010
Did I really never review this? Oops, I meant to, considering my devotion to your Nanoha fics.

Excellent as always, though I seem to be overly accustomed to Steel Queen Vivio. Shadowfire Vivio blasting with the best and getting knocked around was a little disorienting.

Apparently I left behind whatever else I planned to say in January. Grr, stupid mollusc.
Moczo chapter 5 . 1/30/2010
I feel a little better... I've never actually watched any 'Mission: Impossible', so there was no way I was gonna catch that.

Oh, and, y'know... nice story. Romance in general really isn't my thing, but this was a believably realistic (and sort of cute...) relationship, and it was secondary to a plot that IS my thing ('Nanoha' meets 'Die Hard'? Yes please!), so I really did enjoy it.
JBebe chapter 5 . 1/19/2010
Great addition to the ViCia Saga! Liked how you portrayed the difference between "real" battles and training. This was a nice, fast romp and I enjoyed reading it.
GeshronTyler chapter 5 . 1/18/2010
I see what you did there. P Nothing like good old Takamachi family values. If Nanoha had been an american, you know she'd be a NRA member. _ So, is it done? There's one guy left, but he's probably smart enough to give up on the operation as a lost cause, especially now that other team members have been taken down. There is of course still the matter of who is responsible for the leak, and if that person has a more or less direct connection to Rollin Windom.

The Omake was quite amusing as well.
AluciusDawn chapter 4 . 1/12/2010
Ahh, good work as always Dezo. I admit I was hesitant to pick this one up as I really didn't think much of Cia in the show. (I tend to forget she was even there when I think back to Strikers) However since it was you writing the story I decided to try it. I am glad I did so.

As ever I await your next chapter with eager anticipation.

P.S. Really like the idea of TSAB black-ops. Really like that you let the experienced mage win round one with Vivio. I never enjoy situations when power is everything. Important, yes, but skill and experience should be what makes the difference.
Starrallia chapter 3 . 1/6/2010
Really, so first you make us think that Lucetia might die, and now you make us think that Vivio might die, If I didn't like your writing so much... -rants for several more hours-

But good chapter, I did think that Vivio's reaction was a bit OOC, I would've thought she would make sure that Lucetia was safe beyond a doubt before she went after the sniper
Moczo chapter 3 . 1/5/2010
I haven't been following the 'Shadow' series with as much enthusiasm as I did the 'Steel Queen' series... I have read most of it, both RadiantBeam's and the side-stories you did, but it just never really clicked with me in the same way. I can say I'm enjoying this one, probably because thus far it's a little more... I don't know. Not as gloomy, maybe? (And it only now occurs to me that I just basically typed 'it's a little more not as gloomy' with some filler in the middle. I are smart!) Realistically, it's probably just that Vivio is fighting assassins instead of discussing her relationship, which is always a plus in my book. You've seen the kind of thing I write.

I can also say that I'm man enough to admit that the theme naming for the villains that you mentioned in the last chapter has completely eluded me. I'm sure that once I actually get it, or failing that have it pointed out at the end of the story, I'll slap myself for not spotting it earlier. Just like 'Where's Waldo?'.
GeshronTyler chapter 3 . 1/4/2010
Yikes, Vivio got p0wned! I expected the 'ol Takamachi "Max Power, Max Force" would end up at least scattering the foe, but yeah, considering Vivio's emotional state, and training as presented in the story, I can see a vicious foe like the sniper overcoming her. I am looking forward very much to the reaction of the action team when they realise the hornet's nest they just kicked over. _Japanese_ Hornets nest, that is. (You know, 2 inches long, sound like a prop plane when flying...)

I would expect Burning Glory to be screaming for backup right now, a link to Bardiche and/or RH might have been established when Vivio received her device, for adjusting limiters and functions, training feedback, not to mention normal family communications.

Of course, getting flight clearance could take some time, then the actual distance to be covered. Probably the pink and yellow glow of incoming backup is what will probably force the action team to break off the attack.

Thanks for the time and effort, read you next time, definately. _
Starrallia chapter 2 . 12/28/2009
What? No, you cant make Lutecia die. Please tell us she survives!
GeshronTyler chapter 2 . 12/28/2009
Arrgh! Too Short! P Now I have to wait until next chapter to see Vivio "In RAGE." Well, looks like Sniper-san is going to be

in the "snaps and goes beserk category", wouldn't be surprised if one of his own teammates takes him out. Or, if his comrades try to use him as a dstraction and sacrificial lamb. I'm not too worried about Lutecia, since the chances of her dying in this fic are fairly slim (there'd be a forum or two on a certain website that would be up in arms, right? P), but I suppose she's been taken out of the fight for the next while.

Hmm, Raptor names? Japanese cars marketed for the US? Nissan Altima, and Toyota Avalon and Windom (though Windom was the japanese name, as well as being one of the mech names in Magic Knight Rayearth). Vespa sort of breaks that mold though, since the most common use of the name is for Vespa scooters.
GeshronTyler chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
*Blink**Blink* Seriously? A bunch of terrorists have decided to confront Lutecia _and_ Vivio on a date visiting a Amusement Park? *Ding**Ding* Annd we have a winner, of this story's "Darwin Awards" ! Lets give them a warm "Better luck next life!" _
Starrallia chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Very good first chapter,although in the first bit it was a little hard to keep track of who was talking when. Being a fan of Radiant Beams ViCia fics I'm rather excited about this new story, may have to go back and re-read Daddy's Little Girl though.

Can't wait till next chapter