Reviews for Man of Action
Spockologist chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Awwwwwww! This was so full of serious, fluffy goodness.

On a side note, my phone is set to a vintage ringer and I was happily reading along with my feet up on my desk when my phone went off. It was a nice touch. Made me feel like I was really in the story.

That, and I nearly fell off my chair because it scared me so bad.
ElvendorkInfinity chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
*smiles*

A perfectly fitting piece of Holmesian pep-talking there - particularly liked this line: "I thought I knew my Watson. It was gratifying to learn I still did, after so many years."

Lovely stuff. :)

-Lee x
Catherine Spark chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
I thought I was the only one to think of giving Holmes a God Child! Ha - glad to have read this though.
Shyma Tavrott Lupin chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
Aw, that was really sweet ] I love Holmes's occasional hints of affection, not too many people can do that right ] This would have made a great short story D Loved it!
Isis the Sphinx chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
Aw...So cute. And why couldn't we have gotten a name?

Keep writing!
Emma chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
What a delightful story! I enjoyed your fresh and unusual take on Holmes' point of view, while Watson's reaction was utterly believable.

I wondered if it would have been usual for the husband to be present while his wife gave birth, though. Watson's being a doctor makes it all different, but Mrs Watson would probably have been very worried at his calling in another physician in the first place, especially given the amount of reticence with which future mothers were usually examined!

Lovely characterisation of their friendship throughout. I really, really enjoyed this piece.

Thank you for sharing.

Emma
pebbles66 chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Now I want to know the baby's name!

This is very nice; although I hate to think of Watson being married to someone other than Mary. I know, I know. It's sadder to think of him being lonely the whole rest of his life. But still...

Great little snippet! Very enjoyable!
Lily Rose-Petals chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
So...what did he name the baby? Sherlock?
medcat chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Great story! "emotionally uneasy"-I should be surprised at anybody who would *not* appear "emotionally uneasy" in that situation ;)

But anyway, excellent story, very engaging, IC, and well-written (as always :)

Cat
KCS chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
*explosive laughter-applause* Jolly good show, Watson. Hee. _

This was wonderful on so many levels! Holmes's saying what needed to be and then second-guessing himself was perfect, if painful for both in a healing sort of way. And then his feeling very proud of himself for agreeing to 'put up with' a second call in as many days. And the ending, hee.

I loved it - thank you so much!
aragonite chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
BWAHAHAHA!

What a punchline!

Very very good...and surprising! I was all set for a mushy ending!