Reviews for The Road to Detroit is Paved With Hell
crazy4TVDandSPN chapter 19 . 4/25
Wow...Loved this story...I loved your plot..it is unlike anything i have ever read or even thought about...!
And you have potrayed Sam and Dean perfectly. Usually Sam is shown weak and clingy so as to satisfy the 'Sammy Girls' or their Sam-Torture. I am a Sam Girl tooo..! But i like him strong! And Dean tooo!
But you have done an excellent job of that...!
Autumnights chapter 19 . 3/9
I haven't read a fanfiction this good in such a long time. A story that was unpredictable, I never knew what I was getting into. And the characterization was just beautiful, it made me want to cry. This reminded me of why I love these boys so much. Their love for each other just brings joy to my soul.
lillelouis chapter 15 . 11/12/2014
This is awesome!
sammysmissingshoe chapter 8 . 3/15/2014
just rip out my feels... be that way.
your ability to stay in everyone's character so well astounds me!
Mythical E chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
Alright, other than a few words missing and extras thrown in that had me rereading some sentences in confusion (it was towards the later chapters, so I did get a little peeved, I mean it was going good then I noticed these things but I read on) this story was an awesome read. Especially as a continuation of season 5, of what could be(have been).

The way you described Death, it definitely threw me off there but in a good way. Most of the time Death's described as a decrepit skeleton man (just about the way the show went with too) and I enjoyed the originality of the character in this story. I believe that you did the minor characters of Supernatural justice in this story. Bobby, Castiel, Lucifer, Death, Gabriel, Rufus, and even Tamara is mentioned. Every one of those characters were spot on in my opinion and I actually like your version of Michael a bit better than what they did in the show. He seemed a lot more powerful, what I would expect of an archangel to have. Power to manipulate and destroy. Though he doesn't. Well, just wanted to let ya know. 'til next time then.

P.S. Ya just had to kill him off didn't ya? I almost stopped reading there but at least he didn't get shot.(like in the show, or else I'd say you're psychic, haha) Ah well, still a (some what) happy ending.

- M.E.
ccase13 chapter 19 . 12/15/2011
This is an interesting version of Dean and Sam's road to Detroit. I have enjoyed all your Supernatural stories very much.
Emmers224 chapter 19 . 4/23/2011
Holy lord. This was terrific! So much soul, so much feeling in the story, kinda makes me wanna go on a two week crying fest! From the very beginning you had me craving for more. Enough so that I didn't get to bed till 5 in the morning last night to at least get to chapter 15. I love it when I encounter stories that make it hard to turn away from! Yours was certainly one of them. :)

The rift between the boys is just amazing to watch mend as the story progresses. And the chemistry between Dean and Cas is interesting to watch. There wasn't one moment throughout all 19 chapters where I found myself bored either. I was on the edge of seat the entire time! The timetravel to Rivergrove, Cerebus, The sick Lucifer dreams. Was like falling into an adventure. There isnt one thing about this that I didn't love! You did a marvelous job! I'm definitely interested in checking out more of your work! :)
hollyivy7 chapter 14 . 11/7/2010
best chapter ending EVER. and quote.
BetahimeTsukiko chapter 19 . 10/22/2010
Awesome! I loved the reconnection you put into the boys,very dramatic. _
mooshka chapter 19 . 7/17/2010
I like how it touches upon spots that the show just rolls past. Bringing a conclusion to wounds that scabbed over but could just be ripped off again if left as they were. It didn't have them winning in the end. But relationship wise they were squared away and that is the real battle. Everything else is just schematics.
SciFi Girl chapter 19 . 3/13/2010
Wow - that was really a wonderful story. I would love to see it played out that way on the actual TV show. You got he boys exactly right, and the twist on Lucifer's plan to get Sam to say yes - brilliant.

Thanks for taking the time to write such a great story!
asdfjkl chapter 19 . 1/5/2010
dang. that was cool!
mushroomfarm chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
I love your writing :)

The only problem I have is that I havent seen all the episodes of SN :( Only season one and part of two :O So Im not caught up with where people are at :( I'll keep reading but I think I may get a bit confused, sorry! But I really do love your writing! Keep up the awesome work B-)
jenilee chapter 19 . 1/3/2010
Wonderful story. Well plotted, smart and with some character growth all around. Have I mentioned just how much I like smart story-telling? LOL

I like that the boys learned similar lessons about themselves. I hope that they will each recognise the others action in themselves. That what they learned to forgive in themselves, they will also learn to forgive in each other.

I can’t believe Bobby’s gone…I forgot to mention how that saddens me.

Quite a few times through this story I would comment or think to myself something about how I thought someone was feeling or whatever, only to have it echoed back to me later. I've had that happen before but not as often as it did in this story... a credit to you for making us clearly understand their emotions. LOL

I also enjoyed your thoughts on some of the behind the scenes stuff. LOL
jenilee chapter 18 . 1/3/2010
I think the demon that dean brought back with him that reminds him of where his soul belongs is, guilt and self-loathing.

“so that it stops f*cking caring about him.”

And here Dean is mirroring his brother by pushing the people who love and care for him away. LOL Like I said, he's the one taught Sam that little trick.

At first I wasn’t sure about Dean’s rage, especially towards Castiel. But then I got to thinking about Dean in ELAC. And the way he has lashed out at Sam, after Dad's death and when he came back from hell, and yeah I see it now.

I can see something like this turning him into that cold heartless person he became in the future.

I never expected Michael. Nice! Really balances things. I had wondered what Dean was going to come a way learning about himself.

This, with Michael, Dean , Castiel, and Sam could have been very confusing but the way you did it kept it clear. It is very clear who's who even without a bunch of so and so said...

Of course Dean’s voice is the clearest of them all. LOL

“We just became brothers again.” Nice little echo back to IMTOD and this from… can’t remember…LOL but I recognise it “I can’t do this alone … I don’t want to…”

I like how each of the boys had a part in giving the other strength to fight their angel, that part of what kept them strong is having the other there.

Also like that you showed that Michael was willing to be just as underhanded in his own way to win. And that Dean recognised that.

All's fair in love and war, hey? LOL

Very nicely done.