Reviews for Humbug
JokerCarnage5 chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
I loved it. Its a new holiday classic.
Ersatz Writer chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
Poor Thundercracker... No one can survive a conversation with Dead End except his fellow Stunticons... XD

Dead End should listen to the Christmas Can Can. HAH!
Kenocka chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
I feel this way every Christmas. XD Wonderfully written piece here and it highlights all the things I absolutely hate about this holiday. Good job.
KnightDweller chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
XD lol, it's funny because it's true
Meirelle chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Dead End, I love you, but please let me celebrate my over-commercialized Pagan holiday in peace. :) Happy- or rather, UNhappy Yule. :P
Sunflare2k5 chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
"A small minority, Thundercracker," Dead End repeated. "The minority that believes Christmas is about Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Apparently, what I have seen through my research, Christmas is about two vastly different people- Jesus Christ and Santa Claus- and what I am having difficulty understanding is why the majority of humans believe more in Santa Claus than the one who died for their sins."

...you know, Dead End is a lot smarter than most people think. :)
Northwest Sage chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
I love Christmas. I love the idea of family getting together, having dinner and opening gifts, and watching Christmas movies. That being said, I thought this short story was wonderful.

The back and forth was spot-on. I identified with both characters and what they thought/spoke; I've stood on both sides of the Christmas fence before... the one where I wanted Santa to find me and give me lots of stuff, and the one where I reflect back on the Bible story.

Historically speaking, Santa wasn't invented by Coke. They did make the "red and white" Santa the more popular and thus, more enduring edition of the legend.
AutobotGirl6 chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
Wow! That was awesome! It analyzed 'Christmas' perfectly, and actually made sense. Transformers added to it made it even better! Thank you for writing this!
Taipan Kiryu chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
And enjoy was something I definitely did with this story.

It was a very interesting idea that the Decepticons started to incorporate Christmas to their own culture, even though their version is radically different – but not less fun – from what most of the humans call ‘Christmas spirit’. But let’s face it, inebriated unsupervised Decepticons are a pretty attractive idea to a fangirl spirit :oP

It was so nice that you mentioned Frank Capra. Kudos for that!

Thundercracker and Dead End are two of the most sober guys that could be found in the Nemesis. Picturing their conversation, TC with his awesome looks and Dead End with that voice that melts me like a marshmellow in a flame… I don’t know if it was your intention, but the entire scene made me drool. Gee, I know what those two metal studs could give me for Christmas...

Dead End has a point, though, even more than one. Seems that merry can’t exist without depressive. Fortunately he exists to point out one of the oh so many deffects of us humans, that we cannot exist without contradictions. Of course, a guy like him has to take everything too literally, otherwise he wouldn’t have enough reasons to be convinced about his unavoidable tragic end.

I was never a Satan, sorry, Santa Claus believer. I always saw him like a pre fabricated figure created by a cola beverage that is practically poison, so my knowledge about the big red lobster man is quite reduced, but if he is really as biased as Dead End says… then I would join him in a crusade to (singing with Nightmare before Christmas music) “kidnap the Sandy Claus” – and throw him into Motormaster’s trailer.

Thanks for the reading. No need to lock into your igloo… trust me, hell is much more fun ;o)
Negare chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Thank you for writing this. I think you did a good job and pointed out several of the many foibles of the over commercialised hodge podge.

I love Christmas, but from a religious and family point of view. Not because of a big fat guy invented by Coke Cola to sell potential diabetes in a bottle.

Plus, I really hate the happy commerical Christmas movies!

Kudos a plenty to you!
Meiza chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
*does not celebrate Christmas*

I think the best part of this was that TC pitied Dead End, not because he didn't "get" Christmas, but because he was taking the movies and stories surrounding it way too literally. It made me grin.

Look, see :)