Reviews for Harry Potter and the Betrothal Contract
DCosmicSage38 chapter 21 . 6/20
It was going well with Snape. His impending sacrifice will be remembered.
DCosmicSage38 chapter 16 . 6/20
I love her defiance
sheeesh chapter 26 . 6/15
one of my favourite fanfics ive read and ive read quite a bit good job on creating this
darthkratos24 chapter 1 . 5/27
A personal little nit pick is I'm pretty sure Daphne has blue eyes the colour of ice one of the main reasons for her name not just her personality and Tracey has brown eyes not blue... Also your harry just plain sucks from what I hear people walking all over him manipulating him and he refuses to grow a pair. And you can't use the he was abused BS because then your Snape should be a whiny bish that lets others walk over him he went through the same shite, I've seen abused kids become some of the toughest people I know they don't whimper the moment a girl raises her voice if anything it'll trigger PTSD and they'll flip out and buck it or smack the person not curl up and apologies for being in the right
Nice fluffy story with no huge flaws. Nothing particularly great but overall solid job, author. Well done.

7/10
Pretty disappointing far as final showdowns go.
Teenager angst is boring, author. If you've seen one, you've seen all. It's not weakness, it's just too goddamn tedious to be tolerated. So if you can just get to the good parts we'll all be happy.
kageknuser2710 chapter 26 . 4/26
This is beautiful.
Dr Gero chapter 7 . 4/6
Have there been a lot of revisions to some chapters? Once in a while I felt like something didn't align right, like similar conversations taking place more than once or characters seem suddenly out of character when otherwise they're fine, like changes have been made here and there. The biggest was in this chapter where Ron is upset with Harry for revealing his feelings earlier in the day, when it doesn't seem Harry ever did that. And since Harry frankly has a fair point about all of their combined relationship experience while being on the receiving end of numerous lectures, their reactions feel kind of overblown. Sure, hormonal teenagers and all that, but sometimes the it feels natural and sometimes manufactured.
I'm also fairly surprised that 7 chapters in and I don't recall divorce or annulment being mentioned. Maybe it was in passing but I would expect that to have a lot of focus until it was ruled impossible . My last gripe is that the whole "you will marry or die" feels pretty unnecessary and unrealistic for Lily and James to agree with from what we know of them, even if they were young and being pressured. I think that stretches plausibility and the same affect and plot would occur if it was "marry or lose your magic." Daphne wouldn't want to leave her world and Harry needs his magic to survive Voldemort.
That said and done, I've been enjoying the story and your characterization of Daphine, Tracy, Pansy and Millicent have been a lot of fun, esp since there's not a lot to work with in canon. Harry is acting a bit like his angry OoTP self, but it's understandable here and you've shown some nice glimpses that he's not always like that, he's just under a mountain of pressure. Introducing Remus and having them chat was nice and I hope it becomes a regular thing, as having an "outsider's" perspective that's removed from his crazy daily life would definitely be a benefit. Finally I really like some of your little changes to HBP, like Harry's hesitation with the potions book (and Hermione getting Felix) and Harry encouraging Ron about tryouts and Mclaggen.
GinsengH chapter 26 . 3/21
I seem to find myself going through a lot of your stories this weekend.

Very touching story.

Although I am very much against unbreakable marriage contracts on principle of convenience, I have to say that it worked out pretty well in this story. The relationship between Harry and Daphne still managed to feel organic. The details as they went from less than cordial to budding relationship to being in love wer all the most entertaining aspects of this story.

Snape was surprisingly likable here. He grew a lot as a character as he spent more time with Harry all the way until the end.

I'll extend this to Ron too. I don't completely hate Ron as a character, but I do think that his history in the books makes it hard to believe that he was truly Harry's best friend. This story acknowledges that failing to a degree, but it shows Ron trying to redeem himself too.

The scene with Harry saying his final goodbyes to everyone just before he goes through the veil was a very impactful moment. Very well written.

The only major criticism for an otherwise great story was the handling of Dumbledore and the final horcrux. This is probably the best depiction of an overly manipulative Dumbledore that I have come across. The story acknowledges that while he does care for the greater good he is still equally tormented by what the greater good requires. That he attempted pull the horcrux into himself spoke volumes. Unfortunately, his obsession towards the end that Harry had to die by Voldemort's hand really started to undermine his character in this story. With his death so imminent, I'm sure that he felt like he was backed into a corner, and so from that stand point there is at least an angle where it makes sense. However, when you factor in the actual Horcrux then that sense goes out the window. I say that because, if the vessel that is Harry Potter is destroyed, then there is nothing for the Horcrux to latch onto. It just seemed odd that Dumbledore would be so set on that as the only possible outcome in the first place, or that he would be so bold as to betray his confidants at the final moment.
MasaruUchiha chapter 10 . 3/18
The way this story is realistic however for some reason i find it annoying how Ron and Hermione get involved in everything.
flys36 chapter 8 . 3/8
reading this and was thinking, what if instead of trying to make it work between the two of them she instead joined the death eaters, like if the contract say we will marry unless one dies then I will put your body at Voldemort's feet!
rmcsquared chapter 7 . 2/21
not much of a massive quidditch win for the best ever chasers and a keeper who. performed amazingly to only win 90-70
HoneyBear84 chapter 26 . 2/1
Love it
The Ghostly Minion chapter 26 . 1/30
Good story. Love how their relationship developed. If there isn’t Harmony, then I like to see Hermione with Neville. so I’m happy.

TGM