Reviews for Harry Potter and the Betrothal Contract
Nihatclodra chapter 26 . 4/2/2020
... Why did you leave the Felix Felicius potion as a red herring? It SHOULD have been a Chekov's Gun instead. Why did Hermione never drink it to help her come up with a solution for Harry's Horcrux? Why did she not have Harry Drink it before he walked through the veil as an added precaution? Why was it deliberately mentioned that Hermione won the potion instead of Harry, yet it was NEVER mentioned after that point?
TheDarkMan19 chapter 5 . 3/24/2020
The advice they give is good, from a purely logical perspective. But it seems like these characters care more about Daphne’s feelings rather than Harrys. It makes them seem overbearing and rather uncaring.
odonnellzoo99 chapter 26 . 3/14/2020
And they all lived happily ever after.
Good story.
Elysian17 chapter 26 . 3/8/2020
This was amazing and beautiful, thank you for writing such a good fic.
stevem1 chapter 26 . 2/28/2020
It’s a good story.

Positive- well written and coherent.

Negative- Harry is into self-pity. A lot. I could understand it if he was 11-12. But he’s 16 and has seen more battles than most decorated combat veterans. He needs to put his boots on far more quickly.

Positive- The supporting characters are great, including a villainous greater good Dumbledore. The only exception is Voldemort who acts like a cartoon villain.

On balance this is Recommended.
stevem1 chapter 16 . 2/28/2020
Harry Potter is doing his emo, woe is me I have to die spiel again. Other than that, this is a well written story.
stevem1 chapter 14 . 2/28/2020
As of chapter 14, the story is improving with respect to Harry’s character. He’s growing a spine, in large part due to Greengrass.

Dumbledore is hardcore. As of chapter 7, I thought he was good but pragmatic. Now he’s just as evil as Voldemort, with his plan to “sacrifice” Harry, though he hides it behind the greater good.
stevem1 chapter 7 . 2/28/2020
As of chapter 7, it is well written and well visualized.

As of chapters 1-6 this is angry Harry Potter. By chapter 7, he morphs into pathetic Harry Potter. Here’s hoping it improves. At his core, Harry is a fighter not a sad emo.

I was pleasantly surprised with Dumbledore’s conversation with Scrimgeour. I don’t think hardline Dumbledore is a common variant, but it makes sense considering his era and the war with Grindlewald.

I like Ron and Hermione’s dynamic, as well as Tracy and Daphne’s.
Wongjunkit chapter 2 . 1/29/2020
Bro why is Harry always mad. Jesus Christ man is he on his period or something?
Dyzee Marie Victoria chapter 26 . 1/23/2020
that was a really really good read!
Vanadir chapter 26 . 12/13/2019
what a truly fantastic story thank you
ChiDead chapter 26 . 12/6/2019
A beautiful story.
Lordlexx chapter 26 . 11/18/2019
I have to say, this is by far one of the best Snape redemption fics that I've ever read. Far better than canon.
Lordlexx chapter 8 . 11/18/2019
Umm... WOW... I'll admit that Harry goofed... but that shit happens in life. He apologized and attempted to explain himself and she completely rejected him. He in no way deserved to either get punched and get the 3rd degree like that... and now he's the one that's forced to give a forfeit? No... just no.
Lordlexx chapter 7 . 11/18/2019
I completly understand Harry's reactions in this chapter... it's everyone else that's out of line. Everyone else is just piling it on him that he just has to suck it up and deal with it all. Nobody is giving him time to really ease into it.

Beyond that, I also find it stressful to deal with a Hermione/Ron relationship. It just lacks any sort of actual romance or sense.
1,920 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »