Reviews for Frisbys and Fruitcake
ferryboat George chapter 5 . 12/17/2011
Very delightful story :)
SivanShemesh chapter 5 . 1/16/2010
This is a great story, hope to read another one from you.

Thank you for writing it.

*Hugs & Kisses*

Have a great week and keep smiling,

Sivan Shemesh
SivanShemesh chapter 4 . 1/16/2010
Glad to see that those two cross the bridge outside the cave while JD is out... grin.

Good work with it.

Love your stories, and i'll keep reading.
SivanShemesh chapter 3 . 1/16/2010
You are no helping... grin...

I guess that I should keep reading...

Thank you for writing it.

Poor Ezra, Nate, JD
SivanShemesh chapter 2 . 1/16/2010
You are evil, leaving the chapter like that.

I love what Ezra did to JD, good thing that Nate somehow encourages him... lol!

Thank you for writing.

I'll keep reading.
flah7 chapter 5 . 1/5/2010
They are good friends to keep digging even though it's christmas, its cold and the cave in ran deep. (can't fault Fred for his since of priorities).

I'm with Buck, just one Christmas without a calamity. However, it was just a plain old boring non-calamity Christmas, who'd want to read about it? Heck who would want to write about it?

Nathan's head popping up from a hole-like whack the gofer game. He's standing on Ezra. Like a funky totem pole.

birthing foals can be ew.

Josiah's fruitcake was palatable! Yeah!

Loved the gold discussion at the end It was perfect.

A glorious Christmas story! It should be a new Christmas special like Rudolph, (the Heat miser special), The Grinch!

this is a fine story! It should be spread (but not like a Pox).
flah7 chapter 4 . 1/5/2010
Ezra's ranting was hysterical. Nathan trying to get him to stop was awesome. The request for matches had me cracking up.

And God forbid they should ever, ever end up in Iowa. The horror. He'd even rather sample Josiah's fruitcake than sample Iowa's fine, fine weather and scenery.

Ezra is a vision too.

I'm with Nathan I do wish JD and Chris washed their hair more.

Where do you think the fuel went-down. I love that dialogue (reminds me of 'where do you think these stairs go?-Up')

Follow the smoke! A way out! A moment of hope. May it not lead to Iowa.
flah7 chapter 3 . 1/4/2010
They're in the dark now. they'll need the christmas miracle.

We need orphans, we need misunderstandings, Christmas angels and the such...horrors.

Josiah's fruit cake is cracking me up. Nary a creature touched it while it was utilized as part of a wall. glorious.

Their fire power was just too much for Lusk. I loved that. It made me laugh. Horrors! no laughing at Christmas specials (unless they include Bumpkiss's (?) dogs).

this is a glorious tale full of conflict, woe, and now utter darkness.

We need the Christmas miracle of light!

(and I'm still struggling with the name source-I need to google the names. the mystery is killing me).

I'm loving this story. Must save two chapters for tomorrow.

The woe and doom in the darkened cave at christmas must wait.

May Fruitcake save them.
flah7 chapter 2 . 1/4/2010
Frisby is back! (does that make him a boomerang?).

Growling in a dark cave, for shame. Ezra is bad, bad, bad person. It made me laugh, and brought back found memories of deep underground explorations.

Buck and Inez was an awesome part. Chris and Vin sitting back and watching cracked me up.

Josiah and his fruit cake definitely has a history. love it.

And why do people like Eggnog? Why not just drink the liquor without the egg? (is there really egg in eggnog?).

Fred is a curiosity. I like him. Off to read more. This is a glorious story
flah7 chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Caves! There be caves in this story!

Ezra cracks me up. I love your portrayal of him. He just comes off the page and into life.

The best is the interaction between the characters. Nathan is just a good guy and takes Ezra in stride. JD just want Nathan to find gold and for Ezra to be happy.

Apparently Josiah's fruit cake isn't all that good. That's a bummer. It made me kind of sad.

The silhoutte was scary. Dun dun Dun Dun!
Tipper chapter 5 . 12/30/2009
SQUE! Oh, i'm so happy! What a wonderful ending! And I love how Ezra can be so unthinkingly honest, then backtrack and try to get out of it a minute later. And Nathan...the knowing look was beautiful-reminds me of the wonderful grin Nathan shared with Ezra at the end of Serpents.

Oh, I also love that Nathan was torn up about Lusk - very in-keeping. You do such a great job with him. And JD! Still boundless! nothing keeps that boy down for long.

And Josiah's fruitcake! Edible nonetheless!

Now I have to go back and see if you really did answer the challenge because, if you didn't, I'm thinking you owe us another.

Thank you for such a lovely story! And merry belated Christmas!
Tipper chapter 4 . 12/30/2009
E! Clever! Happy accident, finding light, they find so much more! I love our heroes.

And, I have to agree, no one wants to live in Iowa. Terrible place. I hear they have Corn Yetis there that prey on passers-by, like long distance runners. Not in winter, though. In winter, they go to Tahiti.

Now Tahiti would be a nice place to go...

But first, free our brave men from the dark!
Tipper chapter 3 . 12/30/2009
I forgot to mention that the little growl in the cave...sounded very familiar. Also, JD disliking eggs...also oddly familiar...

Josiah's fruit cake sounds delicious! You know, my dad needs some solid blocks to keep the mice out of the old house. Maybe we can get Josiah to send him the recipe. Sure as hell sounds like it'd be a better deterrent than mousetraps and D-Con. Man, I love Josiah, I really, really do.

meanwhile, back in the mine...Ezra hurt! JD out like a light! And now the literal light is out! What is our hero Nathan to do! I love this set up, by the way! Love, love, love! Hang on, boys, help is coming!

(Oh, one last thing, I know he was a nutter, but I do feel for poor Lusk. Crazy old coot. You're right - he never stood a chance. Man shoulda known better than to mess with the Seven.)
Tipper chapter 2 . 12/30/2009
BOOM!

I'm loving Fred, and his "no offenses." Thinkin' he's a cute ol' fogey, just the type to enjoy some nog. And you had to know Lusk was still around. Speaking of, I gotta figure out where you are. Lars, Lusk, Frisby...I'm going to figure it out.

And how cute (and perfectly Buck-like) was that beginning! Ah Inez, how she teases the poor boy so.

Now, get the boys out there to rescue them! (Especially Josiah, because you know I heart Josiah. But not with his fruit cake in tow. No one like fruit cake. Shoulda made cookies)
Tipper chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Oh, how I love Ezra "levitating" with glee! Consultation fees! Convincing Nathan with promises of new medical books and supplies! And JD's boundless enthusiasm! How much do i love this story already! Perhaps my favorite part is all of Ezra's little slips of the tongue, like the idea that Nathan "won" the mine (poor Nathan!), or "interrogating a potential mark!" He's so wonderfully mercenary that, even though Nathan did not, of course, do any of those things, it's too ingrained in Ezra's subconscious to describe it any other way. Perfection!

How do I love thee, NT! Let me count the ways! Love, love, love stories that start with gold mines!

By the by, naming Nathan's horse Badger...puts me in mind of that gloriously repetitive little jingle we love so well. In my head, I renamed Toby "Mushroom." Hope you don't mind. Hee hee hee.