Reviews for Shoes
JuiceTomato chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
This is an amazing story. I agree with you about the Alienage Elf outlook on her human companions'actions. Until I read this story, I never really thought about how the Elf would interpret Alistair's romantic intentions. Thank you for that insight. I also enjoyed the Leliana big-sister role in the story. I have to admit though, I wish you had continued on what everyone else's theories on Kallian being a Grey Warden. That would have been highly interesting.
What Ithacas Mean chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
I like this. :)
goldfoil chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
A great follow up to your previous piece in this world. Enjoyed the innocence of Kallian on certain occasions. You manage to give the impression that Kallian never really had a friend before at all, even when in the alienage, outside of family.
Avarenda chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
A wonderful sequel to 'Dress'. Very touching, im a little disappointed that Liliana didn't get a good laugh out of Kallian's innocence though.
Tom chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
I do not quite understand why this is rated M, but oh well...

Very well written. I liked this piece very much. Shame there aren't many fics with Leliana in them...
Ledilettant chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
your stories are really good, i hope you will write more about these two.
brrt chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Excellent portrayal of the deepening friendship between Tabris and Leliana, the original take on Tabris' fears really makes this fic stand out.

I would perhaps suggest that in the next one that you emphasise or give an example of Tabris' strength. From these first two fics, Tabris presents as relying considerably on Leliana's emotional strength, and any areas Tabris shows particular fortitude in are only mentioned of or implied 'of screen'.

Friends lean on each other, and Tabris has been doing most of the leaning so far, perhaps Tabris could help Leliana with something next time (not necessarily the Marjolaine issue, it's great to see original problems such as the Alistair dilemma you looked at this time)? That is, if it doesn't run too contrary to the way you see this series unfolding.

I hope that didn't sound to much like criticism, I really enjoyed these first two installments, and look forward greatly to the next one.
Maria Caliban chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
Good stuff. The look inside the PC feels very natural, as does the friendship between the two women. Strangely, the shoes feel like almost an afterthought. You could snip off the ending and change the title and it would never occur to me that anything was missing.
MyrmeenLhal chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Okay, going to review this time. ;)

This is good stuff. Shows the way their friendship has developed since the first story. I'm interested in seeing if Tabris can ultimately get over her reaction to humans (honestly, in the two year timeframe of the game, and given her reactions in this story, and given she's yet to learn that Alistair is a noble himself (that's right, right?), I doubt Alistair/Tabris would realistically happen - but then again, I'm a pessimist by nature! ;)).

The writing is pretty good. There are a few points where I was reminded of my professors admonitions to "Show, don't tell". You don't need to translate Tabris's body language for us, it should be clear what she's feeling without it, though I suppose that could just be the way Leliana herself thinks about it. But that's pretty much the only criticism I have (a vague, lukewarm, probably not really a problem problem, hehe!). :)

Good stuff!

Myrmeen Lhal (aka Zandilar).