Reviews for A Matter of Trust
AndurilofTolkien chapter 3 . 12/1/2014
love
AndurilofTolkien chapter 1 . 12/1/2014
Friday 1314 chapter 5 . 1/3/2014
Hey, I love your story you have here!

I just wanted to say it's really entertaining and I know this is not supposed to be funny, but i laughed when Hatter was contemplating taking the ring.
I had a fleeting image of him knocking Jack over and going, "My Precious" with the ring.

Anyway, this is an awesome story. Thanks for posting.
Malvolia chapter 6 . 10/14/2010
There were several excellent bits in this chapter.

"Bread-and-butterflies in his stomach"...ha! Nice!

"Time worked differently in Wonderland, he knew; it was fluid. It could be the first of the month, the fifth, it could be eight days back." Good point. I hadn't really thought about the time differential as related to memories that work forwards and whatnot.

"past smuggling excursions—because how else would he know that the Looking Glass was the most heavily guarded kit in Wonderland if he wasn't one of the reasons himself"...oooo, intriguing. And makes the pizza line makes more sense. I love how later in the chapter you make pizza a bit of an addiction for him.

And I like how you made the original Hatter this one's great-uncle.

All-in-all, a very good fic. Thanks!
Malvolia chapter 5 . 10/14/2010
"Hatter...had to wonder just who made up those terms…"

I had never wondered that before, but this is a very interesting implication. Seems to fit, too.
Malvolia chapter 4 . 10/14/2010
Favorite line in this chapter: "getting more used to this honesty thing every time he opened his mouth."
Malvolia chapter 3 . 10/14/2010
I appreciated the character insight in this line: "He really was trying to look out for her…he just couldn't break a lifetime's worth of habit of watching out for himself first."

And I like being around Alice is helping him realize things about himself he didn't ever really know before: "Hatter had an inkling that there might always have been."
Malvolia chapter 2 . 10/14/2010
This is a great line: "That's why there was a Resistance after all, and not a Revolution. People rather fancied their heads." Very Hatter.
smiles2go chapter 6 . 10/8/2010
Great job on Hatter's POV! I like this alot.
SilverLunarStar chapter 6 . 4/14/2010
Definitely one of the loveliest fics I've read. I could see Jack helping, but it stretches my imagination quite a bit and I have a pretty big one to begin with. XD

Arg, that name...David? Really? I've still got issues about that...

This was really great, I like how you got into Hatter's head. Nicely done!
SilverLunarStar chapter 5 . 4/14/2010
Gr...another thing that ticked me off. I wish she had been a bit more stubborn and made sure he went with her. Well, I do like how he went after her anyways.

Aw, one more to go...
SilverLunarStar chapter 4 . 4/14/2010
Why, oh why did he interrupt? *cries* I remember when I saw this, I wanted to throttle him! Oh well, I guess they made it up to us in the end... *sighs*
SilverLunarStar chapter 3 . 4/14/2010
This was a really nice scene. He is a cad at heart, a lovable one at that for sure. Aw! I remember when I saw this scene I wanted to hug Hatter.
SilverLunarStar chapter 2 . 4/14/2010
Ah, I got a little distracted... In class... XD

Haha, I love the "...he wondered if he still had his mother's old recipe for cream cake." Poor Hatter. Another lovely scene (okay, so I love them all, meh.)
SilverLunarStar chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
Hello again. _

I'll admit, I squealed like a bloody fan girl when I first saw "Alice" and he said, "'Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress?'"

Sounds interesting, getting into Hatter's head...

*Keeps reading*