Reviews for Unoriginality 4: The Little Thinks
Deadaleta chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
Hehe, funny! I don't get why people are trolling you in your reviews... Hm. In the title, don't you mean "things"? Y'know, if you get something wrong in your title or summary, that really makes it seem like there'll be a lot more errors in the story like that. My mistake was intentional, but, y'know. It'd be wise to fix that if it was unintentional.

Nice point! Unfortunately, I'm guilty of naming a butterfree "Butter". But luckily that's only for the game, not any publishings! That would be... annoying... It's kinda like naming a person with blonde hair "Sunny" or something.

... I would feel sorry for that person if he were to grow up with the name "Pinky"... Or "Hair On Top Of Head", of which I now dub Hotoh. That's annoying.
We All Need A Nap chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
Dark waffles chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
terrible your spelling writing and everything else suck
RustedKaibutsu chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Unable to log into my account at this time, I'll simply leave a quick review.

This is both interesting and useful. Although I wouldn't think of naming any of my Pokémon characters things such as Ivy or Flame, it's still good to turn back to this for ideas.

Thank you for the tips.
Patrick22 chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
I liked it.

I think I've seen you do the naming thing already (involving that survey)but it was a funny take on it.

The other naming part involving being named after extreme traits was interesting.
PGBlo chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
Spell your title correctly.
tru luv a hikair shipin stori chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
others not: hey dis is my firt sotry an i don no how 2 pots storis on dis sit, so i hop im doin it rite! :)

dawn was wakin up, but it ws midnite so shen went bak 2 slep, an den she relizd her howse was on fier! o no dawn daid. shi ran, don teh stars yelin mom! but no anser. mom? shi scremed. no anser. oh no my pokmon! she yeled, but cudnt find her pokebmls. eek! she fel bakwordz wen a fiery bit of wud traped her. no help me im gona die!1! she screemd.

pikachu tundrbohlt da fier! a fuhmileeer voyce said. ! an pikachu thudnerfloted teh ifre. the fir got put owt by pikachu. ash an pikachu ran itn.

ash u sved me but mai mom n pokemon r dead! dawn sartd crin.

ok dats da firsf chpater im hop ever1 likd it!
L100Meganium chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
This is great advice on naming Pokémon characters. It's always a little embarrassing to see yet another Charmander named "Blaze"- it must feel something like being named "Haseyes".

The next time I write about Pokémon characters with names, I am definitely going to remember this. :)
SpawnXD chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
I think the name speaks for itself, it is very unoriginal. In the first Paragraph, it says 'For such a boring speaker" are you sure you didn't mean yourself.
Riddling chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
This is amusing, particularly because it's so true. Many say hooray to cliches; what the authors who write them don't seem to realize is that there are quite a few of us being sarcastic. Well done, for a "scolding story."
Kitsuneko chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
How DOES a growlithe write, anyway?

Actually, the thing that gets me about these wild pokemon fics (and a lot of original fiction) is that wild, free-roaming wolf packs ARE essentially nuclear families, yet they're never, ever written that way in fiction.

Anyway, I really liked this.
fugthimble chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
Hilarious as usual.
Darkblade701 chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Sorry if I'm being dense, but I don't get why you skipped from Unoriginality 1 to Unoriginality 4. As always, great to read, amusing and informative. Keep up the good work. The scene with the Ponyta- or ponyta- was the best I think. very clever.
CarpeDiemEveryday chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
This is a sound point. Odd side note, this is how they dealt with naming conventions in a rather irritating book I was once forced to read. It's called Morning Girl, and supposedly it's about the Indi- sorry, Native Americans right before Columbus came and tipped the balance (or whatever; I kind of felt like the book was scolding me for being white, but this is an issue for another time and place.) Um, yeah, back to where this made sense, they name people three times in their lives, due to people's personalities changing. So you have little kids named Hungry, early-bird teens called Morning Star, and then adults who must have been seven colors of zany with the appellation "I Swam Too Far".

Uh... sorry, I'm almost asleep. I hope this makes some modicum of sense... perhaps. Not that your story's dull, far from. It's just very late...

The point is, this is amusingly written yet genuinely useful writing tip-type stuff, and I wish more people here would take it to heart. That's all.

All the best,