Reviews for Silver Bells
alexiana75 chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Gift Night had been a gift in itself
I think those words say enough. It is november now and I don't know exactly when is this for Elfs, but is allmost our celebration so thank you for an early Christmas gift, your story.
Tamuril2 chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
Oh my gosh, that was...was...well, there's really only one word for it...AWESOME!

I loved this. I always wanted to find a story like this and here it is.

Thank you so much. I'm totally going to favorite this one. Keep up the great work, mellon nin!

Tamuril2
Luthien Surion-my elvish name chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
this is a wonderfully beautiful story. i LOVE it!
Larner chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
At least enough of her remained to have left them this! Lovely gifts for them all!
CynthiaW chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
This was a very touching story. We know so little about what Elrond and his family went through when Celebrian left. This was a beautiful look at the grief they felt and how they began to move on with life. Knowing that one will not see someone they love for many years is a lot like mourning that person's death.
KyMahalei chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
NiRi

How did I miss this one? It is absolutely beautiful. The tone you set resonates so well with the nuances of grieving. Loss can be devastating and isolating and, well, your story says it all. Thank you for the twist of hope, showing up unexpectedly (as hope often does), and the witness of what one mother's love can do. This was nothing short of stunning.
Tavaril Lasgalen chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Aww, what a touching story! I felt so sorry for Elrond, Arwen Elladan, and Elrohir. It's nice to know that Celebrian was able to cheer up her family even though she wasn't physically with them.
Lindale chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
Excellent plot, and the grief is showned so plainly, but the small things can make everything seem a little bit better. Like a locust shell.

It made me chuckle with Glorfindel and the bells, reminded me of Lady Godiva with the bells. Intentional? :)

Lindale
Elfinabottle chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
This was a lovely story, and so appropriate for the season. You really showed how shattered the family was after Celebrian's departure, and it's wonderful to think that even in her pain, she did what she could to help them start healing.

Arwen and the "dead bug" was priceless.
sazza-da-vampire chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
it's beautiful!

I especially like the twins' last gift. Poor Glorfindel. And his honour won't let him remove the bells.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Agena K chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
Wow. You have touched my heart. I can say no more. Wow.

Le Hannon. Agena K.
Emily chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
Happy Solstice, Christmas, Holidays! : )

This story was great (as are all of yours...nothing new there)! I've always had a special part in me that can only be satisfied by post-Celebrian-sailing stories. Quite a genre, that. : )

I liked Erestor's appearance. He always seems to be somewhat grim and sardonic, but in this story, he really shines. Not often we get to see the compassionate side of him. Good to know he has one, sometimes. : )

Elrond not really caring about what his sons are out doing (orc hunting) but really wishing to join them kind of disturbed me. The twins out doing something like that are bad enough. Elrond? No. Just no. : (

Did Celebrian have foresight? Those bells sure came in handy later on. Good taste on her part. And Arwen's KILL IT! attack was funny as well.

Thanks again! : )
a reader chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
It's lovely! The bug was so funny...!
babschwi chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
It ist a fantastic story, thank you very much for writing it, beautiful idea. And to post it at christmas time is just perfect. i love your stories... merry christmas to you too
Calenlass Greenleaf1 chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
I have a lump in my throat. *sniffs* Sad yet hopeful. You were able to set the right tone.

Thanks for sharing this, NiRi. Wishing you a Merry Christmas, too. *hugs* :)

Cal