Reviews for Dreaming a Reality
NexIncendius chapter 7 . 10/3/2012
This is brilliant! I love it.
Olivia Sutton chapter 7 . 7/31/2011
Hiya - real quick, because I just downloaded this - hopefully I will have a chance to read it later today or this week. But two things, briefly, I noticed right away.

PLEASE DON'T place ANs at the beginning and end of every chapter. Unless you have major warnings or something, of course. But constant ANs really do interrupt the flow of the story.

Also, please don't plea for reviews - esp. as a bribe for further chapters - it's unseemly. I often skip unfinished stories entirely, and I don't review until I've read the entire thing. Write offline and post when you're done.

OTOH - i just re-watch SAJV, and it is GREAT to see someone posting in this fandom again. - Olivia
Guest chapter 7 . 7/14/2011
I took a quick look to see if there were any new stories in this grouping. Yours was worth the effort. Very good characterization and I am enjoying the story line.
anon chapter 6 . 11/30/2010
I am absolutely delighted that this story is being continued. My review for chapter 5 was fairly short, so I hope I can convey with this one how much I really look forward to the updates for this story.

I liked that you ended this chapter with Passepartout's point of view and that you interspersed it with Jules recollections. I thought that it was a good way of sort of reminding us that the initial attack happened with Passepartout as well and that you kept those emotions present.

Still really liking the pacing of the entire structure. Obviously, I'd love more frequent updates :) but the slow build of frustration and worry and (maybe) paranoia is really working for me.

The characterization rocks, and it's not the easiest thing to do, getting into each character's head and reflecting on the others, but it's done really well here.

In short, thanks for a good read.
andi chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
happy to see a new story for this show. I wish they would release it on dvd already! :)
Ava chapter 5 . 9/27/2010
Thanks for writing SAJV, it's a rare find. Please continue!
anon chapter 5 . 9/9/2010
Yay, an update!

And, Yay!, still awesome.
Amber chapter 4 . 7/20/2010
So, this is cool, I'm really looking forward to reading the next installment. Your characterization is seems good, especially with what they're going through and I can't wait to see what happens.

Amber
Azolean chapter 4 . 6/19/2010
I don't typically bother with critical reviews because most people's stuff isn't worth the effort. However, I see potential here; both in the idea itself as well as the talent behind it. Hence the reason I'm going to even bother saying this.

1) Thank you for the use of spell-check. Laziness in works such as these irritate me. You have no idea how much I appreciate your extra couple of minutes there.

2) Please, please, please find some way to divide one sequence from another. It would vastly reduce some of my sleep-deprivation driven confusion in transitioning from one person's pov to another.

3) This is, sadly, far too short. I wish you would hang in there long enough for me to figure out what is going on.

4) If I'm not mistaken, the incident where he was strapped to the chair and Count Gregory trying to tap into his visions was the actual pilot of the series...although the first one they aired was really the second episode. lol Sci-Fi pulled a lot of junk like that back then. Or are you referring to something else in your written works I've not yet had a chance to read? If so, you can verbally abuse me at any time for my lack of patience before sitting here typing away in the middle of the night.

Thank you for the time and effort you put into the creation of the beginning of what appears to be one of the few, worthwhile fics I find here at . I look forward to more...should you feel so inclined as to honor me with postings from time to time.
Azolean chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
lmao

Yes, there are still people here. Not many of us, I imagine. However, despite the fact that the tv series was corny, cheesy, and otherwise soooooo not my style, it was undeniably enjoyable. It must be the characters. They were so much more realistic than the stories. In any case, you are not alone.

I've recently discovered some postings on youtube of the series and have picked it up again. Which, of course, lead me here. I am glad to see someone still active after all this time.

As for the chapter...a few places could use some cleaner division. But, other than that no complaints. I now move on and look forward to reading more.
ElizabetRose chapter 4 . 4/20/2010
Well,that's what they call a cliffhanger. I hope you'll find time w/ school & other activities to continue on w/ the story. I'll be checking for updates.
ElizabetRose chapter 2 . 4/20/2010
The 2nd chapter had me confused - I'm wondering if the adventure referred to was in the series, in one of your other stories, or something you'll explain later after letting your readers wonder for a bit. Confusion is OK if I get an explanation down the road.

Even tho nothing much happened I enjoyed the chapter - the reconnecting of 4 friends.

Minor grammar notes: I think the word "fester" was a little strong to describe Jules' statement. I found it jarring - unless that's what you intended. I think "languish" or "fade" might be more what you meant. Rebecca had "so few" things she could smile I'm not sure what this phrase means "Jules would much more prefer that they acted like friends and not care for each other's comfort once in a while." I mention them 'cause I'm "in" the story and then get thrown out while I try and figure out what exactly is being said.

On to the next chapter...
elizabetrose chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
This first chapter certainly makes me want to read more - to find out if and who is watching Phileas and what's going to happen w/ Verne's visions.

Phileas wasn't my favorite character - he sort of annoyed me - but I like a story w/ all the characters in it.

Well you've got 3 more chapters up for me to read so I'll read on.
OnoriaFaw chapter 4 . 4/5/2010
Whoa! Whoawhoawhoa! That's not fair what you just did. You can't end that there! It's evil. Plus, it's making use the exclamation point way too much for emphasis!

I know you said you had school and that meant that you weren't going to be updating very quickly, but come on, that cliffhanger is just cruel. I hope that school let's up soon so I can see what you did with Jules. For a fandom that bears his name; I fear my favoritecharacter just isn't getting th face time in most of these fics, so thanks.
Colorado chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
I was wondering the same thing! I check here once in a while and was excited to see your entry. Good job!