Reviews for A Thousand Small Cruelties
Vampyvii chapter 4 . 11/11
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards review:
This is certainly an entertaining story. A little more shmoosh than the characters on the show (but I'm never one to find fault in That!), and a bit minor tense problems here & there, most notable in chapter 1, this is otherwise, and indeed, a Very Fine Piece! I can't even count the number of times where the dialog and clever witticisms Stood Out, and there were paragraphs here that were simply sublime:
"For the first time, Dean wonders what Castiel's quest must be like. He imagines the angel moving through crowds of beople who are begging for God's attention even as a manifestation of Heaven walks unnoticed in their midst. He pictures Cas windblown on snowy, jagged mountaintops, pacing restlessly through arid deserts, standing silent and watchful in old growth forests-vigilant, focused, and always, always alone."
I really enjoyed this story!
SPNReadingManiac chapter 4 . 11/6
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review:

Competently written, with some moments of excellent characterisation and interesting concepts explored. Bobby's characterisation was particularly good.

It's always a pleasure to read a story that helps Dean through his issues, although more depth to the impacts of the events does increase believability. There aren't many people able to process and discard a long-held belief after a couple of minutes conversation, even ultra-logical conversation. The nature of friendship here appeared to be leading elsewhere but never stepped over the mark; however the implications in the story did detract slightly from the overall story's impact since it was both unexpected and had an effect on Dean's characterisation.
Catasauqua chapter 4 . 12/22/2014
This story was rec'd on LJ.

And it was wonderful! I am not a Destiel fan (or a fan of slash in general) and you may have just touched the edge but it can easily be handwaved (or not, depending on the reader). I cannot express how much I love you for that!

Everyone was so familiar to me it made reading your story a joy. I loved the banter between brothers, the compassionate lie Castiel told for Bobby, the exchanging of gifts and the chestnut fiasco. I laughed til tears were streaming.

But most of all, I absolutely LOVED how Castiel's gift to Dean was played out by all. From disappointment, to humor, to rejection, to sympathy, to acceptance and understanding and finally to heartfelt apology. And Dean's play-by-play of the 'Match of the Century' was priceless!

Thank You so much for a wonderful read this Christmas season, belated though it may be.

Guest chapter 4 . 11/18/2014
Yep. Still my favorite holiday SPN fic. Thanks for writing!
parisdamour chapter 4 . 11/7/2014
oh my, so adorable! and hilarious, espicially the mental image of those chestnuts flying around :D
Thanks for writing!
Alison chapter 4 . 8/20/2013
smokeyadrenaline chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
I loved your characterisation and i really loved the build up of the story. It was really all the little elements you put in that made the moments so special and fluffy and really made me go 'awww.'
This is a really good christmas fic - it's not overly, ooc-ly fluffy nor is it all angsty and sad.
It made me laugh a lot but it was still so believable.
thank you!
i wish you'd continued dean and cas' relationship tho - twas really cute. :)
caughtinblackseyes chapter 3 . 1/1/2013
Oh man that line of... the danger lies in the height difference and Cas's nose in Sam's armpit was freaking priceless! I must have laughed for like 2 minutes straight. Hysterical!
Guest chapter 4 . 12/17/2012
This was so good it physically hurts!
MQDK chapter 4 . 12/13/2012
Aww this was just what I needed to get in the christmas spirit. Thank you, very well written!
MaxRide05 chapter 4 . 11/10/2012
Absolute brilliance. :) Especially Dean's interpretation of the Sam V. Cas "smack down", fail sport analogies included. Lol.

And of course the holiday bonding, dean and Cas' most of all.
TooLazyButInLove chapter 4 . 10/29/2012
This story was all kinds of Squee worthy. Beautifully crafted and the characters were wonderfully portrayed. Love
a.brief.dalliance chapter 4 . 9/27/2012
THAT has got to be one of the best Supernatural stories I've read, and I've read A LOT. You encompassed all the elements that make it the emotion-wrenching, brilliant show it is, from your hilarious Dean-Sam brotherly moments, familial bonds between Bobby and his boys to the deep friendship (maybe more) between Dean and Cas. Amazing, amazing writing! Going to read all your other fics now!
KleeZeeNex chapter 4 . 7/27/2012
Wow, this fic was the perfect combination of funny mixed with those girly "Awwww!" moments. You came up with a lot of good ideas that I wish I'd thought of, like the Cas drinking in memory of Ellen and Jo, and the can opener (wish I could have seen that in an episode) and even the friendship necklace. And on top of that, I think you did a good job with Dean's point of view and have a really good grasp on how his mind probably works.

So yeah! I enjoyed this story a lot. Thanks for the entertaining read.

- Z
Guest chapter 4 . 6/30/2012
lkjsdlfkje This was the best thing and I'll admit to shrieking a little when it ended. But it was a good ending. And kjewrlkjslekjflk