Reviews for Wake Up Alone
Inali Grimalkin chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
For all the reviews you've left me I decided it was about time I read and reviewed some of your things.

I really liked this and thought it was very bittersweet. Parts of it remind me of this song called 'Fourth Drink Instinct', especially one line from the song "what made you think that he wouldn't find the door in the morning, when he found that bed so easily in the dark?" I feel really sad for Serenity and the future she has ahead of her, she of course can't tell anyone about who her little "consolation prize" belongs to. I hope she'll be able to love them and get past Kaiba. It would do her some good.
fanofthisfiction chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Wow, this was quite a heated story. The "M" nature was definitely evident and along that line was robust with detail and drama. I definitely agree with the PG-13 rating. And it was good you put that warning at the beginning. Thank you.

I hadn't read this before the one that followed so I came back to read it. I see how the links all fit together now and can appreciate you wrote this one in Serenity's POV and the other in Kaiba's POV. It definitely paved the way for an interesting twist of thought.

Serenity's inner rantings and insecurity foreshadow the doom she sees coming and it makes his departure not only expected but a lonely end for her. I suppose it makes me want to see a happy ending for her and maybe even for Kaiba after reading part II of this.

I will also try to look out for the upcoming post to Model Behaviour. I originally came to see if that had been updated and stumbled upon these 2 stories instead. There's definitely a jump in maturity and feel to these two pieces that I appreciated and felt you had grown into a new style of writing. There is intense emotion when there's passion but insecurity with love behind those feelings. Thanks for sharing.
K5Rakitan chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
This was a good story. It was a lot different than I would have imagined things happening, but then again people don't always act the same when they are away from their friends and/or school. The most innocent-seeming girl may actually be the one with the most secrets!
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
Great and brilliant job with the chapter. I loved it. Nut I think this is too mature for the "T" rating. With the foul language and the sex, this would make it a rating of "M". Poor Serenity. But hey, at least she gets pretty with his child. Hey, do you think that you could write another chapter or one shot about what happens next in this story. Like I how Seto takes the pregnancy? I imagine that after his trip he manages to track down Serenity and finds her pregnant. What is his reaction? Does he get jealous when he thinks it another guys? Like maybe Duke or Tristans baby? And what if he finds out it is his? Is he angry, sad, or happy? Does he finally confess his love to her? Does she reject him or love him back? How does Joey react when he finds out that his sister has been sleeping with the enemy and now carries his child ? How will the rest of the group act? Lol, XD enough of my ramblings now.
729963 chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
What an awesome re-read.

Hope you don't mind me reviewing again. :o)

This one-shot truly brings out a new attitude in your writing. A style depicts the scene in a very acute and grasping light. Like I mentioned in my first read, it was truly a brilliant piece. How to describe? It is tuned in a rhythm that candidly shows the inner qualities of each character. And I absolutely love how you envisaged their emotions for another in such realistic quality. Truly a magnificent piece. :)
sandsnowstorm chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
Dark. Musical. Emotional. And brilliant.

I read this two times. This one-shot really grabs you and then pulls you into the shoes and touch of the characters. I absolutely loved the dialogue. I loved your representation of Kaiba - a jerk, indeed, but not entirely. You gave him a image that was real. Even if it was lust, your one-shot showed that passion cannot alone move a human to come back again and again. You know, I'm having a hard time reviewing this, because its like when you read a story and you are so captivated by it that you become speechless. I really admire authors you can thread stories like these with such rhythm, imagery and emotions. I would really be intrigued to see how things in this particular storyline would go if you did make a sequel. Indeed it is a heartbreaking one-shot, but there is a strength embedded in your writing that gives it a remarkable power more than anything else. :) Excellent.
Jessikur chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
This was very well written and I enjoyed it every much . You did a good job at keeping them in character while giving the plot a bit of flavor. I didn't want it to end! (:
VeryShortMidget chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
This is such an awesome fic! So sad that it is just a one-shot! Would have been awesome if there was more. So much emotion that you described really well. Thank you!

VSM**
ashes chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
sigh... its so bitter sweet POJA... so damn heart wrenching... sigh...
midnightblue08 chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
waah will this have a sequel?

i want it to be a happy ne after all that sere had gone through...

besides i want to know the pov of seto...

ty