Reviews for Pas de Deux, a Nutcracker retelling
PAMILA DE CASTRO chapter 2 . 3/3/2013
Eu amei a fanfic, ficou muito bonita a estória, gostaria de ver mais fanfics deste casal escritas por você, abraços
Hana no Sutoomu chapter 2 . 1/8/2013
This is so different from the other Hellsing fictions i have read and i think thats one of the reasons i love it so much. It's such an easy and enjoyable read and i love the characters. It reminds me quite a bit of beauty and the beast.
Little Lady Lime chapter 2 . 7/12/2012
Super late review but oh well! XD

I really adore this story. The plot was heartwarming and the way you wrote it was really good too! Ah, I'm so glad that I read this!
Aura Jade chapter 2 . 11/25/2011
Delightful :)
AlucardsQueen90 chapter 2 . 11/30/2010
IIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTT
shadowanime1 chapter 2 . 3/1/2010
great work, it was fun to read. i liked the way their relationship evolved.
Random Romantasist 999 chapter 2 . 2/15/2010
During the first chapter we met Aidan and Wynne, and I just KNEW I had heard those names before, and I spent a good fifteen minutes beating myself up about where I had heard them and I gave up and started to read chapter two... it wasn't until the author's note that I realized it was you who wrote Life Sentance... I felt really stupid... Oh well, I loved this story, and it would be so cool is you wrote a sequle next year
lilKCsunshine chapter 2 . 1/3/2010
Hello! Much apologies for my tardiness—now that the holidays are over, I actually have some time to myself and my unorthodox hobby. LOL. Happy New Year to you! I hope you rang in the New Year in a safe yet entertaining manner. D I promised you a more in-depth review once things slowed down and here it is. Never fear—I have not forgotten you.

First off, I must say WOW. I really, really enjoyed your writing style in this. You said that this was more of a return to your normal style and if that is the case, I’d love to read more like this. The imagery was wonderful—the attention paid to little details just made the story that much more believable. Once I figured out where everything was, I really did feel transported to a Victorian-esque type period. You put us there without actually telling us—it was in the little clues which were fun to find. Doing up your laces back then meant something totally different and just was not done in mixed company although nowadays we think nothing of it. Hehe.

If you had asked me after the first chapter if there was anything that could be improved on, I would have suggested an A/N warning readers to completely suspend their perception of ‘Life Sentence’ and its characters when reading this. But now, after the second chapter, I’ve decided that I rather liked having to piece everything together on my own.

I got a kick out of trying to trace the similarities between the book and your loose adaptation: Walter as Drosselmeyer, beating the ‘mouse king’ with her shoe, the curse, the ‘dreams’…I’m sure you get the idea since you wrote the darned thing.

The whole bit with Integra’s suit was icing on the cake. The way you worked in the backstory regarding the curse was a nice touch too.

As a completely off-the-wall side note: I don’t know if you were attempting to do this or not but as I was reading, especially the second chapter, Seras’ character really started to feel familiar. It hit me about the time she started interacting with Aidan—cut her hair and it could have been Laurie proposing to Jo although Alucard as a mature professor seems a bit of a stretch. I’m weird, I know, you don’t have to tell me. LOL.

So, when you pen your ‘follow-ups’ to Life Sentence will you use this writing style or continue on with the status quo?

All in all, a very refreshing and intelligent twist on an old Christmas favorite. You’re right, The Nutcracker just isn’t something you’d really associate with Hellsing but you made it work and you made it believable.

So yeah, other than the very few spelling & grammar mistakes here and there, I don’t have real constructive criticism to offer other than: write more stuff like this!

PS- ‘Into the Ocean’ played on the radio last week. I think it’s safe to say that Blue October has officially infiltrated California.
ChaosIsBest chapter 2 . 12/26/2009
lovely ending to a great story!
Angel Reaper chapter 2 . 12/24/2009
A very good ending to the retelling. I suspect that the fic wasn't totally parallel to the original tale in this second half, but that's ok. The different little twists from the original are what make the story interesting to read. Thanks for this lovely holiday read, and I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas!
Kainen-no-Kitsune chapter 2 . 12/24/2009
Yay! yeah... that's it. that says it all. once again, YAY!
lilKCsunshine chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Hey! I can't talk (write?) long-I'm on my lunch break at work and my laptop spent more time trying to update then let me do my thing. Grr. Anyways, I wanted to drop you a quick line to tell you that I enjoyed the story and it wasn't too confusing. At least for me-others might have a problem (see below).

There are a few things (nothing bad I promise! See above.) that I want to address with you but I don't have the time right now. I will PM you either later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

I figured I'd help fuel your Cloud 9 trip for at least a little bit today. D Keep up the good work and I hope to get Chapter 2 soon. Whee!
SillyNeko chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
love it! cant wait for the next chapter :D