Reviews for Butterflies & Dragons
Simple Fics chapter 2 . 10/1/2010
I'm still really liking your style, and now that Tom's on Pandora, we can really start getting into the action.

I did notice a few typos starting to creep in during this chapter. Lilly should be lily, for example. You also like to use commas where a period would do as well or better. Still, the story's enough to carry me past that.
Simple Fics chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
This looks like it's starting out as a pretty cool AU! I'm really liking your writing style so far. Good on Tom for handling the poachers and the mugger like he did.
Tribble chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
LOL, Wikkus. I see what you did there C:
CharrBrent chapter 14 . 4/14/2010
This is a well written story. You adapted Tom's character into Jake's role almost seamlessly, and I am very impressed. This is good work.

If I may offer some criticism, it's that your depiction of Neytiri seems a bit shallow and OC. In your story, Neytiri is rather impulsive and short-sighted. Although she is passionate, she is also a thinker. Your portrayer of her is too passive.

Other than that, I think this story is great. Keep up the good work. :)
Miravisu chapter 14 . 1/24/2010
*sniffles at ending*

Nice twist on things, that Tom wasn't a complete stranger to living outdoors, rather a very clever one in fact. Good AU story :)
Nolan Robertson chapter 14 . 1/17/2010
Bravo! I can see how it would be difficult in a story like this to create a plot and characters that conform believably to the original movie's concepts, but create new situations and new characters like you did with Tom. I saw it as a very well done, the incorporation of Tom in Jake's place, and the way this alternative character reacted with the other characters and situations. Well done!

By the way, I'm glad you didn't kill Norm!
N taly chapter 14 . 1/13/2010
I loved this story. Will you write more? Maybe about Grace growing up or something? Great job on this story.
Nolan Robertson chapter 5 . 1/7/2010
Reminds me of when an old girlfriend took me home to meet her parents. Her folks didn't scare me as much as her brother!

Needless to say, we stopped dating after a while...

But I digress. I like how you made Neytiri's first encounter with Tom very similar as that of Jake in the movie until she actually meets face to face with Tom. She starts out trying to kill him, but when Tom's personality/knowledge proves to be different, you adjust perfectly. Great stuff.
jacques0 chapter 14 . 1/6/2010
this is as good as the movie, and i feel if Tom was alive the story would have some similarities with this fic. anyway love the story and hope you write more.
tpx1 chapter 14 . 1/5/2010
This is a great story!

I watched the just movie yesterday in 3D and it was really awesome! Your story captured all those moments and the fantastic landscape and made it seem nearly real!

I hope you write a sequel for when the humans return and meet 'Thom' again!
chaosfire999 chapter 14 . 1/5/2010
It was nice to see some deviations from the original storyline - as there should have been. Also, it wasn't too long but just the right length!

More fanfiction of this calibre would make the website inestimably better. Simple but effective!
Nolan Robertson chapter 2 . 1/4/2010
I really didn't like that colonel. They did a great job of making him look and sound crazy. Been smacked in the head a few too many times. I guess that's a Marine for you! I liked the dialogue between him and Tom in this chapter.

I think another interesting FanFiction story (for you Avatar fans reading this) would be why Colonel Quaritch was contracted by a corporation to be a security chief. Was he kicked out of the active military for mental disturbances? My guess would be: Yes.
Nolan Robertson chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Not sure I approve of how things are going already, Luke, keeping Jake out of the picture like this. You know as well as I do that soldiers are always better at getting things done, haha!

So I saw the movie (loved it!) and had to see what you had. So far I'm very interested on your take of possible events without the jarhead.
Scriptor's Anonymous chapter 14 . 1/3/2010
Wow, a truly amazing story. Loved the characterisation of Tom, and that was a perfect end to the story. Hope you write some more Avatar stories.

~No Ordinary Girl
Cathero chapter 14 . 1/3/2010
Very nice story, I've really enjoyed reading this. The only thing I didn't quite get was in chapter twelve, when a flashbang was used but no other more lethal variety of grenade was used. Anyway, I look forward to reading any more Avatar related fics you might write in the future. ]
53 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »