Reviews for A Different Messenger
LifeAndTimes chapter 17 . 4/21
Wow. Just wow.

You know, I really have no idea why I started reading this story. I don't particularly like rehashing SS/PS and I especially dislike Snape in general. I find that this type of story whitewashes Snape's history, usually with a dose of evil!James and perfect!Lily.

But your characterization of Snape is brilliant. Particularly in this chapter, you really hit the nail on the head, as far as Snape and his complex motivations go. Very few people acknowledge that Snape wasn't an innocent bystander himself - he chose to join a racist (for lack of a better term) terrorist organization. Obviously, James and Sirius were out of line themselves, no question. But that isn't an excuse for murdering and torturing people. I especially like the part about Snape realizing that he was in love with the idea of Lily, since he couldn't possibly know her as an adult. That's not love, that's obsession. I don't think I've ever seen someone articulate all this as well as you have.

That was way more long-winded that I intended. Kudos on the amazing story!
pokefan366 chapter 29 . 4/21
Please update soon. This story's great so far.
FFfan26 chapter 29 . 4/19
Love this so much. So different from a lot of snape mentor fics. You really took your time to develop Snape so that it didn't feel overly forced.
blueEyre chapter 29 . 4/18
Great story!
liza chapter 7 . 4/9
Snape and Harry are both SO out of character so far and I'm still not really into the story yet. But since most of the reviews are quite good I'll try for a few more chapters
SusanMarieS chapter 29 . 4/2
Mysteryfan17 chapter 29 . 3/25
That it would be the second best gift Harry could get after Ron being restored. This is really good and I know it'll take another year for Ron's family to win the money to get on the paper with that RAT but I so look forward to Sirius getting free. I know it won't be as easy for Snape to forgive as Remus but to find out Wormtail was the one that gave up Lily and Harry to Voldywart might shift some of the anger to whom it belongs. I really look forward to an update as, yes, I love the 'rescue from the Dursleys' stories too and am enjoying this one very much. Gonna check your fav list for recommendations to read while I wait for more of this one. 5/5
Mandi Swanson chapter 1 . 3/23
Wonderful story can’t wait till the next update.
JJFan chapter 29 . 3/6
I like this interpretation of Snape, imperfect but trying to improve.
Pat chapter 29 . 3/3
Continue please, this is a great story
malith13 chapter 29 . 2/22
Interesting view point. A great story.
scgaraycochea chapter 29 . 2/16
Hi! Wow! I love this story, I would like to know how it ends.
It would be great if you could continue writing ir.
You are an incredible writer.
Regards
Luna Lillyth chapter 29 . 2/8
Very good narrative. So similar yet different from the original, well done.
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 12/27/2017
Oh, dear. Of course Snape could also be suffering from untreated PTSD after the werewolf attack that he was forced into shutting up about...which makes him tense.

And Filius going out of his way to praise James Potter didn't help.

He will need to do a lot more work with Harry to make up for that outburst, though.
Stina chapter 6 . 12/7/2017
A mean, snarky Snape who is actually intelligent! Wonderful idea! After all, you don't need to love everyone to be polite to them and if Slytherins know anything about politics they should know that. Snape's behavior in canon is so illogical...
1,095 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »