Reviews for A Different Messenger
excessivelyperky chapter 20 . 6/28
It would help if Lupin a) actually regretted what his friends did to Snape (and he actively participated, if only as lookout), b) didn't dump tons of extra work on Snape with no thanks, and c) realized that he wasn't the only victim in the world and play martyr for sympathy 24/7. Actually, showing a bit of gratitude and actually doing something for Snape for all his hard work would go a long way, too. But alas Snape is feeling so sorry for Remus that once again, Remus doesn't need to show any responsibility.

Well, he is showing gratitude-for a change-but isn't there anything he could offer to help Snape with? Or send him a nice bottle of something? Or even just leave Snape all the shed werewolf fur for any potions projects? Remus is the kind of guy who takes all the time without giving, and after a while, that gets old. He could talk Petunia into better behavior with his social graces, but that would be for Harry. What can he possibly do for *Snape*? I would think better of him if he would at least *try*.

But of course Snape has to take Remus' classes, too. When is Remus going to wolf up and do something in return?
Thank you.
:-)
Now this actually is a Harry i can believe to be only 11 years old.
Thank you very much.
:-)
I can totally imagine this. It is great.
While i think this is a nice story, you are aware that Snape had second hand clothes as a child and probably would think this is normal, aren't you?
o.o
kittyranma chapter 29 . 6/24
Lovely, keep up the great work.
excessivelyperky chapter 19 . 5/26
What on earth is Albus going to do without his spy when Voldie comes back? Once that happens, though, Snape is likely to become a prisoner of Hogwarts; and it's possible he could be killed through the Dark Mark.

But at least this Harry is willing to learn the things that may save his life.
excessivelyperky chapter 18 . 5/26
Sadly, Albus is going to make Snape be nice to Sirius, too. After all, attempted murder is only a schoolboy prank when a Gryffindor does it. And of course people are going to keep on hating Snape no matter what good he does-they did in canon.

Still, he could always let drop among his more curious Slytherins that Albus holds the keys to Azkaban, and that he was threatened into making nice with Harry. They'd believe that in a heartbeat. If Albus was told of the scam, he would even back it up with a cute little scene 'accidentally' overheard by others.

Of course, it would be helpful if anyone was nice to him, but we all know that's not going to happen.

Once again, Snape has to be nice to everyone and nobody has to be nice to him.

Yeah, sure, James grew out of bullying-only when his favorite target was no longer available. He was still hexing Snape and lying about it to Lily in seventh year, per Sirius Black. But it's a nice tale to tell Harry, one that he'll believe.
draconianking chapter 29 . 5/21
More Please I Beg Of Thee Writer-Sama!
enahma chapter 29 . 5/10
It's a very original story, I am really sorry it is unfinished. It would be nice to read more about Snape changing - how the written conscience internalize, possible future mishaps and errors in this new way... But I guess I have to imagine it to myself. :-)
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 5/9
Well, he's gutting it up to try to make things better.

What a pity no one has ever bothered to apologize to *him* for what they did, but as we all know it'll never happen.

Be nice if someone gave Snape emotional support instead of demanding of it him for a change.
anjiepotter chapter 3 . 5/7
why I bothered to read this fic is beyond me. snape is same like manipulating Dumbledore as other stories put him, here, snape is manipulative dungeon bat.
Lakelady chapter 29 . 5/7
Unfortunatley, this is what happens when I break my own rule of not reading unfinished fics. There is no surer way to find oneself completely engrossed in, invested in, & immensely enjoying an amazing story that hasn’t been updated in over a year. Nevertheless I say to readers-go ahead and read it;you won’t be sorry.
My entreaties to the author—please, please, PLEASE finish this story. The writing is superb. The story is exciting & engaging. One of the best Sevitis/SnapeHarry’s mentor type stories I’ve seen. AND, I so look forward to your complete development of both Snape & Harry as characters. So sinister in the beginning to witness abused/neglected Harry so open & trusting of Snape-who is a low-down, dirty manipulating con-artist. And then Harry’s innocent trust starting to put chinks in Snape’s dark armor until the light breaks through & Snape attempts his own ‘searching & fearless moral inventory’ of himself. That chapter was particularly poignant & well done —& is a worthy backstory to Alan Rickman’s amazing portrayal of Snape, ultimately making him the fascinating character that he emerged to be in the movies.
All your readers appreciate the time, energy & emotional effort it takes to craft an ambitious story like this. Please finish it!
hule chapter 29 . 5/5
Thank you for the story so far. I wished you had time and mood to continue.
Oh, please continue.