Reviews for A Different Messenger
sjrodgers23 chapter 25 . 11/24
more please thank you
Estel Ashlee Snape chapter 25 . 11/24
Oh boy. Keep up the good work!
~ Estel
Poison Tree chapter 16 . 11/24
Aw man. I had to leave another before I kept on. Dayum, Snape! That was just a perfect storm of a moment to completely lose your cool. I honestly forgot that this happened. I know I've read this before but I actually have the distinct pleasure of having it come out of nowhere a second time! I'm usually better about remember the IMPORTANT details about fics I've read. It's a great moment by the way. Just...I can't believe you did that! *double-face-palm-followed-by-headdesk*
If you're curious I'm reading this a second time because I first came across this during a distinctly Potions and Snitches binge and I was reading alot of HP besides. So, I suppose it all eventually bleeds together. I'm amazed at how hard it is to remember what happened in what fic when I get a bunch of HP updates and they have similar story lines. So, I got an update for this and couldn't really remember most of it, ergo reread.
In summation: Great Fic!
Poison Tree chapter 3 . 11/23
Second time reader, first time reviewer;
Just wanted to say I like the fic. Though, I usually hesitate to review if I don't have more than, "Great fic." to say. Fortunately, I found something:

"He carried a photograph of you around in his wallet and anyone who stood still for more than 30 seconds was sure to be shown it."

I think this line might be the absolute BEST and most humanizing characterization of James Potter I've EVER read. Granted, I've never actually bothered to read a story that actually features him, but even in the books his parents are just...dead people. They were but now they're not. Just lost memories. They've never seemed human or real to me in any way. I suppose you could think of it as them being Mcguffins. They aren't characters they're just placeholders to drive the plot. So, well done there. I always find it incredible how sometimes you can say so much with so few words.

Then, there's the fact that it was Snape who said it. So many interpretations just off that: Was Snape lying or telling the truth? He could have made it up because he didn't have anything real to say. However, it could've just been a quality that James actually had; a proud, new father eager and excited about his son. Of course, wouldn't THAT have just completely incensed Snape. His most bitterly hated enemy having a child with the love of his life, and now he's forced by circumstance and ambition to recount that fact TO said son without betraying anything he might've felt then or now...I think it's safe to say I'm having fun with it. :)
biancaruth chapter 25 . 11/23
Hopefully in this scenario someone has the common sense to realise there are mature mandrakes somewhere else in the world. I can't see Molly being happy with the idea of her son being comatose for almost a year.
MrRobertsIII chapter 25 . 11/23
Looking forward to more AUness in this fun fic. Liked how you handled Voldy's past being released and your take on Remus.
MuggleCreator chapter 25 . 11/22
Oh no, Ron! Harry will be upset.
Great talk by Snape about money & family...
Angelic Abomination chapter 25 . 11/21
That was fantastic. I just re read the whole fic and it just gets better and better
Kashimo's Comet chapter 25 . 11/21
Oh my god oh my god oh my god poor Ron! Great chapter though!
Anaquine chapter 25 . 11/21
I really liked this chapter! That's some sound advice, Snape! (Oi! Don't hate on recorders! ;P) Wish more people (including me) tried taking it to heart more often...

I also appreciate how the Basilisk attacks aren't simply following how they occurred in the book; keeps the readers on their toes. Although, I'm grudgingly loving/hating the irony of Ron being attacked after being mentioned in a serious discussion...and I'm not even a Ron fan! (Okay, not a fan of "Ron bashing" either, though his immaturity really grates on my nerves. Guess I was hoping for some serious character development on his part; but alas, I'll have to wait for him to not be frozen in the past... ;P )
This is excellent . I am intrigued to see Snape become all he could be. I have always thought his skills and influence in Slytherin were totally wasted and that be was encouraged in his nastyness and the Slytherin children abandoned by Dumbledore..the truth about tne dark lords origins suppression is also inexplicable.
Really looking forward to where you go with this...would really like to see Harry relying and looking up to Snape more...especially as he is becoming worthy and wise and deserving of it.
Am glad you didn't white wash the past..but allowing Snape to overcome it and become better. Hope you fulfill the promise Snapes character has, and the fascination he holds for us.
Thanks very much for writing / and sharing.
Update soon x.
Carlisle Fan 22 chapter 25 . 11/21
Oh no, don't tell me Ron got petrified too. Nice work on this chapter and I can't wait to find out what happens next.
Amarenima Redwood chapter 25 . 11/21
Uh oh... I love your twist on the message.
Thanks for great chapter
Dixie.f.9 chapter 25 . 11/20
Poor Ron. It's great how Severus is guiding Harry.