Reviews for A Different Messenger
Hmmm.
SiSiren chapter 13 . 4/12
"Woodwind would at least avoid some of the more unpleasant noises produced by beginners."
clearly you have never heard a new clarinet player...or flute. too loud, too harsh. shrill and unable to control it. all players sound bad at first as they try to learn the correct embouchure.
xikum chapter 17 . 3/30
This is actually for ch 19, but apparently I wrote a review for it 7 years ago, so can't again

Wow. Very nice chapter! Great start for Severus making amends. Dumbledore was good, too (tho I do have a grudge against canon Dumbles). And the peace this brought for Harry, he is such a good kid! Thank you!
Arizeri chapter 8 . 3/23
I cant remember why Snape is doing this either. Manipulative Snape was what was missing from all the other Severitus stories?
Okay, I only got this far before I had to stop - and it's because you write so /well/. (I really wish I could bolden or italicize, but alas, so I will use forward slashes.)

You've done really well! And it might have been a long time ago (I see it was published a /decade/ ago, way to go, I can only stick with something for like two weeks), but it's nothing short of phenomenal. You got into Severus Snape's headspace and took me there, too. This is completely, totally in character for Snape, and I felt like I was in his head!

That's why I had to stop, because I'm an optimistic, "everyone can and should be kind" sort of person, and being so far into Snape's head made me feel a little bit... icky.

It's impressive you took me so far into it, though, and I know that your writing has only developed and gotten stronger with the next 30 chapters and I wanted to tell you that, though I won't be continuing to read past this point, you're an incredible writer and this is a fantastic piece of work!
stevem1 chapter 33 . 3/17
This is an excellent chapter. I love Snape finding commonality with Harry and (slowly) finding his basic decency.

This last chapter was excellent. I enjoyed Sirius being mature about things. I wonder what St. Mungos is up to? Negligence? A Dumbledore plot? A new treatment for a problem that Snape isn’t aware of?

Recommended and I hope it continues.
stevem1 chapter 4 . 3/16
I like this Snape.
emmykat113 chapter 33 . 3/14
I read this all in one sitting! Amazing work, really. I’m looking forward to an update!
Tornhold chapter 33 . 3/13
Welcome back?
Tornhold chapter 22 . 3/12
I am rereading the entirety.
Thank you for updating, though I must admit I have not as of yet read the latest addition. I will however be sorely disappointed if I should discover it to be a notice of abandonment.
Fantastic story! This is my second time reading it, and it's just great! Thanking for writing it!
Estel Ashlee Snape chapter 33 . 2/9
Good chapter. Hope Snape goes to visit Sirius. Keep up the good work!
~Estel
Ali chapter 33 . 1/19
with my Dad and Professor Lupin and Scabbers LOL he keeps calling him scabbers XD
Ali chapter 32 . 1/19
Not the least irritating thing was that he could now understand and even sympathise with their worries. He could vividly imagine his own reaction if it had been Harry who had been petrified. LOL, is there any crack fic out there with severitus (that's mentor severus, right?) In which severus and molly bond over worrying for Harry? XD
Snape starts chanting "you are a changed man"
Ali chapter 31 . 1/19
She tried to discuss it with him later (poor Remus actually vomited in my office) but he cut her off with a rather perfunctory insult and hid himself in his laboratory until Monday. Hahahaha I may be a reformed man but I still wont talk about Black
1,439 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »