Reviews for A Different Messenger
Ali chapter 3 . 1/18
Ah well, by the time he (Snape) was finished with him, Draco would be even more arrogant that his father, even more convinced of his superiority and entitlement to all that was good, without effort or attempting to get along with those around him. A little flattery, a little unjustified favouritism and the boy would be utterly insupportable. Useless as a politician and worse as a plotter. Unable to hold his tongue because convinced of his own righteousness, and of the general uselessness of everyone else. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA omg that would have made for a great explanation on canon xD Snape is not much of a morally good person (more like gray)so he would not abide by the belief that because they (the slytherins) are children they deserve a chance to prove they are/can be good, in fact he could see it as a way to both making good children/people to dislike that kind of behavior or for the ones that are not so good to maybe become less bad and for the bad ones just sabotage them and so future generations of little DE wont be as good with polítics and so future laws and reforms may be less pro purebloods xD also, it would make sense with his bully personality to take his own guilt at his behavior at school on those that would stand for similars believes that he had as a child/teenager
Ali chapter 2 . 1/18
He needed to make the boy rely on him without suddenly displaying a whole raft of traits no one had ever seen before and would not now believe. A certain amount of kindness in private would do, combined with firm but scrupulously fair guidance in public. LOL pinche Snape XD still, I imagine at some point he will start tto actually care for Harry so he is dooming himself xD
Ali chapter 1 . 1/18
If Snape were a little less scary I could picture Harry going all Matilda on him "Adopt me profesor, adopt me"
Nymphadora27 chapter 33 . 1/13
this is such an amazing story.
truth be told, I despise Snape, and I don't like the stories with Snape's redemption.
however, this story is so natural, his change isn't fake or forced.
I just love it, and I hope you'll update soon..
Guest fan chapter 22 . 12/24/2020
"Voldie the half blood dark lord,
Had a very muggle dad,
And if you ever saw him,
You would say this git is bad,
All of the fancy pure bloods,
Went and made themselves his slaves,
And if they enraged Voldie,
He sent them to their early graves!"
Ann Jinn chapter 33 . 12/22/2020
This is an exceptional story. Shapes character development is great and believe able.
Pygmy Hippo chapter 10 . 12/13/2020
Snape kind of cracks me up! How odd indeed... this year you’re actually teaching!
red-jacobson chapter 33 . 11/5/2020
Very enjoyable story, and I'm happy to see the music being given more attention. I was a bit concerned with the way you have already resolved the first three years before the end of first year, but with the addition of Music and Enchanting, there looks to be plenty of story left to tell.

I'm also glad that Ron isn't being bashed in this story, at least not so far *GRIN* A bit of Ron and Dumbledore bashing is fun, but it does get old after a while.

Anyway, I've added this to my favs/follows, and looking forward to seeing a new chapter soon.
ChipmonkOnSpeed chapter 33 . 11/4/2020
I cannot believe how long I have been reading this story, but it's still amazing. Thanks for your recent update!
marvinkitfox1 chapter 16 . 10/28/2020
Take a child.
An Orphan.
One that has been *definitely* neglected and somewhat abused. Zero self-worth.

Now rescue this child. Nurture him, guide him, protect him. Teach him to TRUST you. Inspire him to reach out to his potential, to grow!

And then..
Just as his first tentative steps of self-actualization bear fruit, and he turns to you for acclaim and validation..
You BRUTALLY STOMP on his achievement. You make him feel as if HE is the pervert, and not worthy of existing. That his striving for achievement and excellence is evil. And for maximum effect, you do this IN FRONT OF ALL HIS PEERS.

Congratulations.
You have just created your very own Hannibal Lecter.
marvinkitfox1 chapter 18 . 10/28/2020
Snape didn't just "hurt harry's feelings"

He DELIBERATELY and MALICIOUSLY took the very FIRST achievement that Harry did for himself, by himself, from hard work, and PUBLICLY HUMILIATED the poor child for it.

That is an action just shy of rape... *just* shy of it.
marvinkitfox1 chapter 17 . 10/28/2020
An appropriate response from harry to snape's letter would be "FUCK YOU, DEATH EATER SLIME"

Assuming Harry was inclined to be polite and reserved in his opinion, of course.
xikum chapter 18 . 10/25/2020
Thank you so much for this! The last time I was reading this fic, before I just recently started reading it from the beginning again, it had ended with Severus blowing up at Harry after his lovely solo; it broke my heart. So, so happy you mended them, and using Severus' own gift at potions was a perfect touch!
mumphie chapter 33 . 10/23/2020
Oh, this is a wonderful story. I hope your mojo keeps your muse filled with ideas! The more adult Severus and Sirius is so novel. ;) Will definitely want to read more. Harry and Ron as enchanters. Ron doing something different from any Weasley that might keep the jealousy monster at bay. Great idea.
swift35 chapter 33 . 10/20/2020
Wow, I'm really liking this story. Can't wait to see where it goes! Thanks for writing.
1,441 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »