Reviews for A Different Messenger
peggy77 chapter 28 . 5/8/2023
Nice twist to the chamber story!
peggy77 chapter 22 . 5/7/2023
Why is it that so many fanfiction writers cannot spell LEGILIMENCY correctly? It's very easy to Google HP Spells and see the correct spelling but that particular spell is so often mangled by fanfiction writers.

Oh, and in case anyone wants to know, a wizard or witch who casts that spell is called a LEGILIMENS.

Your poncyball was cute. Harry is a real sweet kid in this story.
peggy77 chapter 21 . 5/7/2023
You know...in canon, if I am remembering correctly, Dumbledore didn't want Voldemort's real name and origins to be made public although I no longer remember why. That never made sense to me as I believe it would have caused at least some of the death eaters to leave his side, making it easier to fight him.
peggy77 chapter 20 . 5/7/2023
I giggled after reading your last paragraph. I really like what you're doing to change Snape's personality. I sense that you don't like Sirius but I do like him. I don't like him in stories where he doesn't grow up but I have read many where he goes through something very similar to what Snape is going through (but without using a potion) and he ends up apologizing to Snape and Lupin and definitely becoming more mature in all aspects.
peggy77 chapter 17 . 5/7/2023
Very nice. I wish Snape had taken that potion in the books but I know that would not have fit in with the story. I prefer fanfiction to Canon.
peggy77 chapter 16 . 5/7/2023
Oops! Snape really blew that! I wonder how he's going to make up for it. It's definitely not going to be like when he got mad about the troll, that's for sure. I think the ONLY way he might be able to get Harry to forgive him and maybe start trusting him again would be to tell Harry the truth. All of the truth.
peggy77 chapter 15 . 5/7/2023
I have read one or two stories where Sirius, Remus and Severus actually end up not only being civil with each other but actually become friends over time. Those are nice stories.
peggy77 chapter 14 . 5/7/2023
Hopefully his life won't have to be sacrificed as well as his innocence.
peggy77 chapter 13 . 5/7/2023
What are Formers? Snape told Harry to find some fifth or sixth Formers to walk him to and from dinner. Are they the same as Prefects?
peggy77 chapter 6 . 5/7/2023
Hmm, maybe Snape is going to grow up in this story. I know many people really like him and make the excuses that he had a terrible childhood then was picked on and bullied by the marauders and yes, I can see that but the way he picked on and bullied the children he taught is very immature of him. Most people understand that two wrongs do not make a right.
Hoseoko chapter 4 . 5/5/2023
So he did know it was Harry’s birthday? Then him being confused about the waiters giving Harry a candle makes no sense
Hoseoko chapter 3 . 5/5/2023
I have to admit that snape not knowing that it’s Harry’s birthday makes absolutely no sense.
1) because of the prophecy
2) because of Harry’s letter being sent out near his 11th birthday. Duh
Kknd2 chapter 34 . 4/15/2023
Well now that is both a fascinating theory on the Dark Arts and how Magic has its Price... and a lovely ending point for this story. Sure, I will be onboard for more, but I am contented with what you've done here SophrionaSphinx.

There is definitely a lovely manner you have of suggesting something and then diverting it in a less predictable but still interesting direction. The bit about 'using the wrong potions on Black' absolutely fits with that lovely habit in your writing. Giving an interesting possible explanation to the late installment weirdness of Molly's official history as the legacy, a magical scar in a sense, of the war she fought in.

SophrionaSphinx, as to your intention, to 'do a Harry rescued from the Dursleys story right'? I'd say you've done a smashing job here and I hope you are (mostly) satisfied with it. Not that I'm not going to check to see if you made a sequel after this review is posted.
Kknd2 chapter 30 . 4/15/2023
Wow, and here I'd thought you couldn't emotionally gut Snape harder than Merlin's Curse. But I can't deny it's plausible, what a TWIST!

Not that I'll throw said twist in here, lest someone spoil themselves somehow of this brilliant surprise.

Bravo SophrionaSphinx, bravo.
Kknd2 chapter 17 . 4/14/2023
I find it entirely fitting that Snape, master of irony, would so foolishly rush to 'I'll fix it with potions!' and proceed to be viciously beat about the head with reality. Some might call such a thing contrived, and to that I ask "Have you seen this setting!?" It doesn't stick out at all in the face of: Age Lines, Polyjuice, Portkeys, Felix Filcius, the Fedelious or The Goblet of Fire.

I do like the name though, Mirror and Curse in one is fitting indeed.

Sometimes a character needs a massive kick in the rear to grow at a rate that's worth following for the audience, and I'd say you judged correctly with this Severus Snape, SophrionaSphinx.
1,701 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »