Reviews for Winter Vacation
13th Shadow chapter 7 . 8/17/2010
Having had my own winter accident that totaled my car and left me with a deep fear of winter driving too... I am SO so proud of Dems. I get white knuckled and more than a bit sick when i have to drive in it (specially at night).

Are you SURE you aren't writing out MY life somehow? I swear the similarities are freaking me out again.
13th Shadow chapter 6 . 8/17/2010
What a yummy mental picture that was! *drools*

Finally! Demyx is in a "good place" (at the end of the run at least! *wink*)
13th Shadow chapter 5 . 8/17/2010
Hummmmmm... I'm not very fond of Grumpy Demyx. I was rather hoping some time off would put him in a better more balanced mood. Silly me. Poor chap - It seems nothing will make him happy. He needs some serious therapy. I can lend him my fantastic saint of a therapist if he promises not to steal her completely away from me! *HUGGGGS*
Pepipanda chapter 6 . 8/11/2010
My favorite aspect of this story was how well I could relate to it. My family goes on a ski trip every year, so I've been skiing since I was 3 and by 8 I was taking on the advanced terrain. However, between that ski trip and the next one I had a pretty bad bike crash. It freaked me out so much that I ended up being demoted down to the ski school class for kids who had started skiing yesterday. It's taken me years to get back to skiing the kinds of trails I did before and I'm still much more cautious and ski much more slowly. That's why the feeling of knowing in your mind that you can handle this run, you've done it before, but still being absolutely terrified of even starting, is so familiar, and I think you captured it very well.

Nice work!

Pepipanda
Canderjack chapter 7 . 6/9/2010
Attaboy Demyx. You have mastered a skill that most of northern Virginia has yet to comprehend. :) That said, DUDE. If you haven't been seizure-free for six months you really have no business driving anyway. Roxas is sixteenish, isn't he? Give him driving lessons before Axel gets to him first.
HeartsGuardianSol chapter 7 . 6/8/2010
I share Demyx's feelinging when it comes to winter driving. It's a B1%# driving through the crap... Though Its always best to take caution on the roads. BUt hey I wouldn't trade it for any other weather.

I also agree with your views on the way they portayed Demyx in 358/2 days. It was just horrid. I refuse to belive that Demyx was like that!
Dew of Sundrops chapter 7 . 6/8/2010
That so could be me driving (I hope never to experience that, but if I did, I'd have a heart-attack for sure)... The way you describe Demyx in this story, I recognize a lot of me in him. What I like is the way you make him set his fear aside enough to do what he needs to do. Because that takes courage. Demyx may be scared of a lot of things, but you can't say he's a coward, because he faces his fears when he needs to. You make a good writer *thumbs up*. Hope you update soon again :)!
AkuDemyfan chapter 7 . 6/8/2010
Aww, I feel little sad for Demmy yet, I'm also proud of him. I was worried for him while he drove back but I'm more than glad that he got safely back to the cabin. )

Keep up on the amazing work! D

...Over and out...

AkuDemyfan
Shironami-Whitewave chapter 7 . 6/8/2010
At least he made it... the fear in the back of his mind that he never could drive on snow at night again will hopefully stop eating away at him.

You write fear so well. I envy you.
Kora Bloom chapter 7 . 6/7/2010
Demyx really shouldn't be driving, period and driving at night was pretty stupid of him. I wonder what Axel and Roxas would think if they found out.
sven asta chapter 4 . 6/7/2010
I love the snarky convo :) Aw Demy is sooo sweet in his playboy pajamas with his tea I'LL BE YOUR GF DEMYX!
sven asta chapter 3 . 6/7/2010
Lol! Demy with Xiggy's voice? O.o Poor Axel. Guess snow just isn't his element HA get it? Cuz his element is fire and the snow and hahahaaaa yeah :3
sven asta chapter 2 . 6/7/2010
Haha poor Roxas! I believe him :3 But man, why is everyone so sickly? Demy has hearing aids and seizures, Ax has diabetes? What a world :(
sven asta chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Ha music in the wind :3 I liked the approach you yook to that, being a musician myself. I liked the randomness too lol
Kora Bloom chapter 6 . 5/27/2010
At least Demyx is finally having some fun.