Reviews for Couch Potato
Loved it :)
Allie9 chapter 3 . 9/28/2011
This was so enjoyable!
Miss Peg chapter 3 . 9/28/2011
What beauty we have explored in this little piece of wonderful.

"Sofa-club." - what an awesome club to be in, may I join? Probably not much room for me, to be honest.

I loved this, really much so, the depth of feeling all developed from a love of a couch is really quite extraordinary, well done. Well worth a read and definitely one to Favourite.
Miss Peg chapter 2 . 9/28/2011
Star-crossed lovers indeed...indeed. I do love me some RVP, so it's always a pleasure to read others' take on the loveable pair.

'He'd never been able to resist a pair of star-crossed lovers.' - the very fact that Jane finds them fascinating is wonderful and so very true.

I love how your put together the idea of Jane's observations, from slitted eyes, lay on the couch, pretending to be asleep. You really portray it so wonderfully. Great job.
Miss Peg chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
What a wonderful piece of fiction.

"The thing that Jane made a beeline for every morning. The place he came to think. The place he came to converse with the Elvis-stain in the ceiling. The one place he'd been able to block out the echoes of an evil laugh and a grinning, bloody face and the screams of a little girl."

- What a heartbreaking thought, that actually the couch is more than just a place to sit, it's somewhere to 'forget' about the pain and suffering he'd gone through.

"the Age of the Couch" - what a great concept.

"There are no Red John survivors," Jane said sharply. Cho glanced at him for the first time since sitting down at his desk. "And there's no such thing as psychics,"

- Another heartbreaker of a thought really, and also kind of funny.

The way Jane breaks down the CBI there and then, in front of Cho, is rather funny in a 'typical Jane' kind of way. It's nice to see him 'in the beginning' a time which we don't get to know/see much of. I like delving into that.

I can't wait to read the rest.
PJaneL chapter 3 . 12/15/2010
So Jane and his couch are star-crossed lovers? Hahaha! I like that! Chp 2 is my favorite.
Loops299 chapter 3 . 11/22/2010
WOW! undoubtibly the best story I have read in a long long time- its incredible! Will you be righting any more?
tromana chapter 3 . 2/21/2010
Oh just lovely. It shows the easy, yet somewhat tentative friendship that Jane and Lisbon have managed to strike up... and I love that they both rely on 'George' to let them in every so often when they need peace and quiet.

Thanks for the read!
tromana chapter 2 . 2/21/2010
Sweet. Not the biggest R/VP fan - S2 has turned me off them quite a bit - but this is nice. I do like reading stuff where Jane is people-watching. It's something that he seems to do a lot of, for work and simply to amuse himself and annoy others.

[People-watching was his hobby, after all, and it was easier to people-watch when they weren't chasing murderers and psychopaths down darkened alleys (or as was more likely, rushing to his rescue after he'd wrangled a confession from a less-than-happy suspect).]

Absolutely loved that line!
tromana chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
Oh this is nice! Very intruiging version of Jane's first introduction to the team. Most people picture Lisbon as being the CBI's golden girl - and though I don't mind that, being a massive Lisbon fangirl - it's nice to see a different interpretation. It's refreshing! Onto the next chapter.
hotflower901 chapter 3 . 1/2/2010
I just don't see Jane and Lisbon as lovers... Star crossed or other.
hotflower901 chapter 2 . 1/2/2010
Did you know Owain was Welsh. God I love big Welshmen
hotflower901 chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
sounds about right
hardly loquacious chapter 3 . 12/29/2009
This story is excellent. I quite like it. The whole thing. Nicely done.
Marie Anastasia chapter 3 . 12/27/2009
quick rundown:

first chapter i hated

second chapter was good and funny

third chapter was good. nice detail and description. it gave me a good picture. i think you went on a little too much about how jane is in love with his couch. its a couch for god's sake. but besides that, it was good

Marie