Reviews for Superwomen of Eva 2: The Ultimate Rush
Dragonjek chapter 16 . 5/9
I'm glad that you touched upon pushing Shinji too far. There's only so much a quiet, cautious introvert can take-and that Mari is alright with that, and Shinji knows she is, makes for a wonderful thing for their relationship.
And I don't think Shinji needs to worry about his lack of initiative ever being a problem; aside from the fact that he seems to be a good deal more proactive with Mari's presence, she isn't exactly the sort of person to just wait around until her boyfriend makes a move if she thinks it's high time they started going bump in the night (and/or morning, day, and evening. Y'know, with super speed, they could have a threesome with speed clones, or she could use her ability to lend speed to make it technically possible for them to have public sex just about anywhere without anyone knowing it).

Although I do hope that more opportunities come for Shinji and Jessie to talk. He should really get to meet his... uh... maybe-future-guardian-in-law?

As for the gorilla? Oh, oh, I know! It's... Solovar!
...
Wait, what do you mean I should stop being stupid? It's a perfectly rational-alright, alright, I'll stop!
Dragonjek chapter 14 . 5/9
I don't know why I've never seen anyone write that before. Hypervigilant NPD is PERFECT for Shinji. Holy crap.

And Shinji and Mari are finally a thing! Such happiness~
Dragonjek chapter 11 . 5/9
I love the contrast between Shinji and Mari you gave in her mental soliloquy about the true nature of Evangelion, and what it says about them.

Mari knows that Evangelions are monsters. But she's trained her whole life to ride it, knew what it was, wrapped up no small part of herself into it. She's trained as a soldier. Shinji though Eva was a monster as soon as he met it, and piloting it only turned that from a thought to a certainty. If a mostly-ordinary person had got in a robotic defender of mankind, they wouldn't have his problems. He's a mostly-ordinary person who got in an unstable demon, hiding a twisted human face behind its mask (and what has Shinji ever been more frightened of than other people?).
I like how they both have that "berserker" theme to them, too. While the bloodthirsty fightlover is Mari's basic mindset, Shinji... when people tell him to, he can act pretty cautiously, and he approaches issues from his own careful mindset. But the fighting really presses him, he snaps and just starts murdering Angels. Huge repression issues, there... but even other characters who have anger or repression issues don't give in to berserk wildness the same way he does.

The Angel was wrong, but not completely. It is an inherent part of the nature of humanity that we hide a part of ourselves, that there are pains and lonelinesses that we do not-or cannot-share, and that that uncertainties and fears riddle our mind to the point that we don't even recognize them all as such. But, Mari is insane. Something in every Eva pilot's head is fucked up, but Mari's seems to render this particular piece of what it means to be human... nonexistent. They seem to have had a point in the first chapter when they said that Eva was affecting her with her deeper piloting (otherwise, she looks like the most likely of all Eva pilots to have been... well, normal).
Dragonjek chapter 10 . 5/9
Since Mari's compared her own syncing to that of Asuka's in Unit 02, will she ever get in the Entry Plug with Shinji? Did Shinji ever feel like something was wrong with how Asuka synced to Unit 02? That brings up something else-Shinji doesn't even like Eva that much, and there's something that I don't believe was ever explained-why *did* Shinji get such a high starting sync ratio? Is it because Unit 01, unlike the others, is a child of Lilith like the Lilim, is it because Gendo's been carefully shaping Shinji's life to be best suited to piloting, or is it because Shinji has the most undiluted love for his dead mother who's soul is in the Eva? The other pilots are parentless, don't really care, direct their parental love elsewhere, or have some resentment mixed up in theirs.

But more than that-and considering that this story looks at sync DEPTH and not the ratio-what is the bond Shinji shares with Unit 01 that is so different than the other Evangelions? No other Evangelion has acted completely independently-there's been berserking, yes, and Unit 02 powered up in EoE, but Unit 01 moved its hand to protect Shinji from falling rubble in the very first episode, before he entered the Entry Plug so much as once. I don't remember canon ever giving much explanation for that (not that the series was all that big on explanations in the first place...)
Dragonjek chapter 3 . 5/8
"It took NERV nearly two minutes to get the bulky Provisional EVA Unit from the cage to the gigantic lift that would take it to the surface. Mari spent the time by humming a little tune to herself which one of the technicians who often oversaw her combat simulations had written and recorded a copy of himself. At her request, he would often play it when she was tearing virtual Angels limb from limb.

He had named the melody, appropriately enough, "Decisive Battle"."

Not playing "In the Very Beginning"?
Wolfpackersson09 chapter 16 . 1/15
I'm going to take an educated guess that the gorilla is Gorilla Grodd.
Zoro50 chapter 16 . 1/15
Back with another chapter, I see, glad to see it!

The Good: You choose a great way to show the battle with Arael. Instead of having another mind-screw scene you choose the simple rescue. I like this solution as it is one that is not used nearly enough. I liked the opening scene as well with the Bungi jumping. Even if its something he'll never do again. He can be glad he did it. Hopefully Mari continues in the same vein as well. I imagine being pushed into one extreme sport after another just to "try it" could be pretty tiring on him.

The Bad: I'm sure I quite bought the "let's help Asuka" pledge at the end, but maybe I am a bit cynical. Asuka acted exactly as I expected and they seemed much to calm in their reaction. Small complaint but there it is.

The Other: Looking forward to seeing how you portray Grood. Also we need more SUUUPERGIRRLL!
Gundam Kaiser chapter 16 . 1/13
BY GRODD! THE STORY LIIIIIIIIIVES!

Also... dammit, Asuka. Again.
Quathis chapter 16 . 1/9
Yeah, she'll have to deal with the drama little normal, though her being with Shinji will help him out a lot. Should keep him grounded. Though Asuka will likely either snap sooner or just sulk from their repeated attempts to help her out. Untin next time.
OBSERVER01 chapter 16 . 1/9
excellent chapter. mari still rocks!
EVA-Saiyajin chapter 16 . 1/9
That was an insightful moment at the beginning, showing the lingering fears and uncertainties Shinji has, as well as the fact that Mari isn't stupid enough to miss them.
DJexe chapter 15 . 5/22/2015
I love the interactions between Mari and Shinji. Very funny and heartwarming. I was laughing when I saw the Flash singing the opening lyrics to Sonic Heroes. I can only wonder how you plan on having the Evangelion pilots take on the 15th Angel. Keep up the good work.
Rassilon001 chapter 15 . 9/18/2014
Hooray! All enemies are defeated! Impressively done for Mari as well, draining all the speed from everything, everywhere. Inhuman. Frankly at this point I wondered if anything can truly stand in her way anymore. Even a small army of superspeed assassins didn't seem to do much more than bother her, though their teamwork kept them from being completely boring.

Her interaction with Shinji is so cute its almost unbearable. I think I got a cavity from all the sweetness. Naturally, I'd like some more please. Mari is so wonderfully open about her feelings it's a wonderful change from other awkward, repressed or downright tsundere love interests.

A Megas XLR quip. Cute. We all know it's true though, chicks do dig giant robots.
animefan29 chapter 15 . 9/15/2014
A very fun fight exploiting quantity over quality. Very enjoyable how that went.
Guest chapter 15 . 9/15/2014
The Good: You had a lot of great one liners in this chapter. These were my favorite;

Chicks dig giant robots...

"Mmm, strawberry."

Both were pretty hilarious, especially the last one. I hope we get to see more of this kind of stuff. The relationship between Mari and Shinji continues to develop nicely. I like the fact that while Shinji is still pretty shy, he is having some normal 15 year-old reactions. Mari continues to amuse me greatly. Like I noted above, her conversations are often a highlight of this story. The fight with the Velocity 9 guys was pretty good. it wasn't as desperate (as you noted) as the fight with Zoom, but it was exciting and had a pretty unique conclusion.

The Bad: So if Jesse shot Chiron and he was dead. (I assumed this since he fell over and then Jesse and Kaji had a detailed conversation.) How could Gendo and Fuyutski order the Velocity 9 guys to go into action through him? Also they had no reation to that happening. Kinda weird. Asuka also seemed to get the short end of the stick in this episode. I hope we get to see more of her motivation in the future than just "typical angry girl".

The Other: I have to admit I had a Guardians of the Galaxy moment when Mari started her "Dance Off". Keep up the good work!