Reviews for Oh Captain, My Captain
AmputeeTrainee chapter 1 . 2/19
I’ve read this twice. I really liked it the first time, the second time I started having questions.

Overall, I like this and still do. It's obvious you did research and put effort into this story. I enjoy the science bits and Dok figuring out the limitations of vampirism with Seras. Found the comparisons to Seras and SHE neat too, wish you would have played with that a little more, but I’m creepy.

I enjoyed their relationship once it began to blossom. It's a pretty sweet little romance, and the extra tidbits about Dok’s heath waxing and waning due to Seras’ care or lack thereof was cute. But on the second reading I began to wonder why Seras would be okay having a relationship with Dok, especially after the choking and dubious sex. Yeah, they make up, but I wasn’t 100% sure why-but I guess that’s a possible issue with having one character almost totally silent.

I found myself wanting to know Sera’s thought process, because for the longest time I assumed she was playing Dok/ suffering stockholm syndrome. Since Sir Hellsing was Major’s captive ( neat twist by the way) , I thought Seras would help bust her out and use Dok’s knowledge against him and the Nazis. While the ending you wrote was touching-and admittedly, I do really like the idea of Dok being a vampire, mourning over his new “SHE”, and rebuilding Major-it surprised me more than anything.

Still, good story, creative, never thought I’d see Dok/Seras.
MaskMaiden chapter 1 . 1/26
Wow... Just wow... You definitely have a gift for this, not many people can make something like this... It's beautiful and tragic, but at the same time, it's perfect, and a great look in to this.

But never mind my sappy attitude, I like this pairing, along with a another weird pairing of Rip and Shrodinger. So thanks, it's peeps like you, who got me to write, continue being awesome!
UnflinchingResolve chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
You just sucker punched my heart.
xXSakura-Hime-SamaXx chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
Okay, I don't think a oneshot has ever made me feel this much in such a short amount of time... Poor Seras...Poor Dok...*sniffle sniffle*
yaoifangirl7991 chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
;-;
Nidia.Ceylon chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
This was just so beautiful and tragic.

I admire how Dok's emotions were originally driven by rage and it simply turned into so much more. The intensity of his anger was frightening and yet I could also admire it, because it was pure.

Seras, the way you portrayed her without having her speak till the very was simply applauding. No words were needed and I feel like dialogue on her part would've ruined her role. Her last words, despite being simple were also powerful. She was stunningly herself; human and a monster when called for it.

They were both seemed like prisoners despite their roles.

Did you right the poem at the end? It's quite haunting,

Excellent story! I adored it!
Seggoge chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
It was a Beautiful and strong romance that I just couldn't stop reading. I hope to see more from you. It left me speechless.
Island Wolf chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
That was simply beautiful! Mein Gott I was practically in tears by the end. I really do adore this pairing and you wrote it magnificently! Bravo!
SethFC chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
I loved it so wonderful although the ending is quite sad you also did the accent's quite well thank you for this great fic.
Unknown chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Wow. I am speechless. That was both beautiful and tragic. I felt so bad for Dok that I feel like I can't read other fics now cause this one was so good.

Hope you'll write more about Seras (who is my favorite character).
Raina Meldamiriel chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
what a beautiful story i totally loved it.
Hannahmgp chapter 1 . 12/23/2009