Reviews for The Accidental Bond
Good story but it would be better if you ended it about five chapters earlier.
Forthwith16 chapter 33 . 9/7
Final thoughts as I finish this. Overall fun but perhaps a bit fast paced at times, and a few moments stick out in my memory as copy/paste formulaic. I agree with Harry's somewhat callous remark that most of their problems would vanish if Gabi offed herself. Honestly, I get that the accidental bond shtick was part of the story's premise, but I'm not really sure what she added. H/Hr/G had a nice balance going even as two separate relationships plus a sisterly bond rather than a proper trio. Gabi felt a bit tacked on, just sort of orbiting the core group.

That said, as a rule I highly approve of any story that ends in immortality. I hope we someday soon get to the point as a species where not wanting to die is a cultural norm.

Anyway, this was a fun read. Would recommend.
Forthwith16 chapter 25 . 9/7
C: Harry, you saved my-
Hr: *punches Cedric out* None of that!
G: But Hermione, the possibilities.
H and Hr: *intense glare*
Forthwith16 chapter 20 . 9/6
Hr: Harry, I swear, if you come back up bonded to Ron, I will castrate you.
H: What? Surely that's not-
G: *intense glare*
H: Right. Right. Understood.

30 minutes later

H: Please don't kill me.
Hr: Dammit, Harry!
G: At least it's not my brother.
Sigh, I’m not looking forward to seeing fan girl Ginny added to the group but whatever. Ginny as written in cannon is only somewhat less terrible than Ron. So far you’ve written such a great story that I fear it’ll get ruined by your stated premise of adding more and more girls.

Ah well, at least I’ve enjoyed the story so far so thanks for that. Even if my fears prove correct, I have gotten hours of enjoyment already, so there’s that )
I always felt that someone who was 600 years old and had thus survived countless dark lords, wars, pestilence and untold catastrophes would not be forced to commit suicide just because a powerful 60 year old ‘little boy’ was looking for it.

As such in my mind, the real stone was never destroyed, only a flawed copy provided for Dumbledore ‘s benefit , to create a believable deception.

I loved Flamel telling him off, lol.
I think a better title for this chapter would be ‘bonds can be hazardous to trolls’ , lol.

Nicely written! I liked your detailed exposition of their emotions, problems and challenges.
I know you stated that his Power was bonding just witches so you wouldn't include non-humans like the Basilisk, but there's more than one kind of bond. Perhaps multiple familiars, as long as they're female. Hedwig and Sheba to start. You'd need a light creature to balance out the Basilisk, so maybe Fawkes' daughter, or a unicorn? They didn't have their Forbidden Forest adventure hunting what was killing unicorns, or Harry could have saved one then.
Kira Potter Jackson chapter 33 . 8/15
I liked the story.
Kira
Kira Potter Jackson chapter 6 . 8/11
I think it's good that Harry has two opposites (hermione and Ginny)
I wish Luna was next or maybe Daphne.
Kira
Ironhidensh1 chapter 33 . 8/6
I don’t usually like “Harry/multi” stories, but this one is so well done, you can’t help but love it. I’ve read it for the second time now, and it was just as enjoyable as the first! Well done!
jdboss1 chapter 6 . 8/2
I am not very happy

Ginny Weaselly not just bloody survived but got bonded to Harry Potter

I have not read the rest of the chapter yet I wanted to stop and have a rant

This has been a brilliant story
h/hr a very good start and a chance to add extra people
the one person you never add is Ginny FUCKING Weaselly

I could think of 101 ways to satisfactorily dispose of Ginny
There's only one reason to keep Ginny around and that is
as cannon fodder or if you need a sacrifice for ritual or practice an unforgivable on

The moment Harry Potter became bound to her should have ordered the Snape over and said his dinner

I will now carry on reading and hope this does not become a nightmare

Literally right up until that moment this story was fantastic and had realistic children parents teachers and so forth
pschlegs62 chapter 5 . 7/27
Were the Granger's not supposed to discuss money management with Harry over the summer between 1st and 2nd year and are they going to inquire about his account or his parents will?
The Ghostly Minion chapter 1 . 7/5
Interesting premise. Hallowe’en has all sorts of ripple effects.

TGM
SmilingAnne chapter 8 . 7/5
Oohhh! that was 200 IQ! Damn, Harry means *business*!
4,301 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »