Reviews for The Accidental Bond
KoldT chapter 33 . 11/18
Superb story, entertaining and intriguing all the way through. Very, very enjoyable, and not a bad job by your proof readers. Not perfect, but darn close.
Corwyn chapter 33 . 11/11
Loved this story! Thank you ever so much for sharing it with us.
Talyn9661 chapter 23 . 11/11
I’ve been meaning to make this comment on the chapter it first appears but since it also occurred at the end of this one, we’ll make do. Gabi. Am I the only one who doesn’t like, even hates a little bit, that nickname? It just feels clunky in my mouth, like I’m getting ready to cough up something foul. So far I’ve only read one fanfic featuring Gabrielle where “Elle” was her nickname. I tend to like this better. Or maybe “Ella”. Anyway, not a criticism of the authors choice just my feelings on the name itself. A long story but quite well told … :-)
Thanks...I really enjoyed your story.. so glad you and other authors share your talent with so many through this site.
tpthornburg chapter 33 . 11/1
Great fic. Very well told and interesting tale. Thank you for sharing your talents and imagination with us
Steve-Arkarian chapter 28 . 10/23
I know Ginny and Gabrielle want to go further, and even if Hermione does want to go further they're sort of going behind her back and trying to get Harry to do more with her without her actual consent. Well I guess if she doesn't say no, that is consent to a point but also not. It just seems really unfair and kind of shady.
Steve-Arkarian chapter 27 . 10/22
I know this story is completed, but for future stories I have a suggestion:

If you write another scene like this (classes or professors being adjusted/changed) I always thought second years should have multiple mini-classes and maybe even have people come in to speak or go on field trips to learn about careers in the magical world and what classes are required for those jobs/careers. This would be especially important for muggleborn/muggle-raised but would also be quite informative for the magically raised as well.

I mean, they're expected to pick electives to start taking their third year and I can easily see kids getting screwed if they don't have the "right" ones but don't find out until years later.

I have seen it addressed in SOME stories, but not very many.
Steve-Arkarian chapter 18 . 10/19
I know you changed the conversion rate from magical to non-magical currency, but did you keep the exchange from within magical currency the same? Like the amount of knuts to sickles to galleons?
Steve-Arkarian chapter 14 . 10/18
Will it only be Harry/Hermione and Harry/Ginny or will it be Harry/Hermione/Ginny?
Steve-Arkarian chapter 13 . 10/18
In reverse order:
1) I'm bummed that Luna won't be joining them.

2) I wish that the group (Harry, Croaker, Dumbledore, Amelia, And I can't remember the other person) would all meet up and confront Dumbledore about him pulling his bullshit because it was obviously him. Croaker had made it clear that he was going to let Harry hear the prophecy even though Dumbledore didn't want him to and then "MYSTERIOUSLY" the prophecy is destroyed before Harry can hear it. That is NOT working together, at the very least! And I feel like Harry should avoid Dumbledore and not share things with them even more than he's currently doing until Dumbledore stops being such an ass.
Steve-Arkarian chapter 2 . 10/16
I know you put a paragraph at the bottom of this chapter to explain the difference in conversion for money... However going by your conversions and then switching it from pounds over to dollars, those 10 books cost about $1,400. That's ridiculously overpriced. Is it just magic world items are that costly? Which is weird because you think that they could just duplicate books before they put an anti-copying charm on them or something. It just again seems ridiculously overpriced.
WhatHaveIDiscovered chapter 33 . 10/11
Really enjoyed this story. Well done and thanks for sharing!
Epeefencer chapter 20 . 10/6
I would have preferred Harry bond with Luna, but I do understand the "French Connection".
This was never addressed in cannon. Fanfiction in many stories addressed it as a split for non-magical raised students as having a "magical guardian" for all things in the magical world and non-magical guardians in the non-magical world. I would have to reread the entire series to see if the guardian issue is ever raised in cannon concerning the Dursley's proper paperwork for such. One thing I do know is that school systems all over the western world insist on proper documentation for every child. That was a requirement for me 70- years ago and I don't believe Great Briton is behind the U.S. in that regard. You might want to address how "Little Winging" elementary school got around this issue in future stories as it seems a rather large plot-hole in this particular story.
i really don't see much problem with all the stuff while the situation is really different from the usual people (in almost every way), who might be alright with following some of the established rules. Even though there's always differences and overall the rules sorta get everyone under the same roof, while focusing on the majority and not really considering the minority of cases.. but this one is like a totally rarest occasion.
4,469 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »