Reviews for The Accidental Bond
Zekrob chapter 18 . 7/10/2015
Actually, Wikia says that Durmstrang is supposed to be in Sweden/Norway...
Lady Beaumort chapter 19 . 7/7/2015
,the only thing about this 'arrangement' that the girls and Harry have is that Hermione always pushes Ginny to Harry and I never see Harry and Herself in that situation... it's always Harry/Ginny with a mention of Hermione and not much Harry/Hermione and a dash of Ginny. I think they should have a moment of alone time as well or some more interactions between the two.
N Flamel chapter 27 . 7/5/2015
K, you did say DD would get it in the end, err, let me rephrase that - that DD would get exactly what was coming to him. You certainly delivered on that promise! In real life, DD wouldn't have made it out of Harry's first year at Hogwarts, and that's assuming he hadn't been sacked decades before that. Loved Madam Gamp and how she very unemotionally but politely eviscerated the staff that DD had assembled. I've not read Clell's story, so Sprout was a shocker for me.

Another fun but dramatic chapter. I wonder if we'll see anymore of DD in this story. - N Flamel
N Flamel chapter 25 . 7/5/2015
I liked this 3rd task much better than what JKR had. It was so involving I found myself wishing I could read faster. Your decision to let Cedric live was inspired. The fight was epic, and by introducing Croaker and Bones into the equation the follow up was detailed and appropriate. I especially loved how Croaker treated Fudge like the idiot he is. Lastly, the twist with Malfoy stalking and trying to steal Gabi was a much appreciated addition. Very creative use of magic by Harry to motivate Draco to become Acromantula food, though, I imagine the poor giant spiders will have indigestion from that meal. Great idea to have the girls blast through the legendary wards at Hogwarts to get to their bondmate. No wonder Harry felt fatigued.

Need I say that the Grangers have even more evidence to show DD's incompetence: the trophy turned into a portkey, a polyjuiced Moody, who DD had know for 50-100 years and couldn't recognize as being a fake, his ridiculous question of why did you kill the two people who were casting AKs at them and had nearly killed Cedric. Makes me wonder how DD wasn't fired in canon.

With Voldemort dead, I wonder where you're going to take us in the remaining eight chapters. Thanks for the very exciting chapter! - N Flamel
N Flamel chapter 23 . 7/5/2015
You're doing a very good job of developing the kids as to their maturity, education and romantically. Each seems to be age-appropriate. More important, they are really cute together and their interactions are charming.

Grand ma ma's work eliminated Harry's connection to Voldemort. This, to me, is yet another example of how badly Albus failed Harry, both in your story but also in canon. In all the years leading up the Harry's final confrontation with Voldemort, DD didn't do one thing to see if the curse scar/connection could be severed. This lack of action on his part becomes even worse when we remember that DD headed up the International Confederation and had access to people who knew a wide range of magical spells, potions and ceremonies. Plus, this also was something the Dept of Mysteries should have had a lot of insight into.

Instead, Albus lays his faith in a long-term, convoluted, and barely described sequence of events to address the problem that ends with Harry sacrificing himself, then fighting the strongest wizard in decades, a century, forever. And this comes after DD ignored the horcruxes for more than a decade and ended up leaving most of the job to Harry and friends. Oh well, I'll get off that soap box. Anyhow, I like what you did much better.

Oh, thanks for putting Queen into my head! - N Flamel
N Flamel chapter 21 . 7/5/2015
One of the many thoughts your story is bringing up is that when JKR first began writing the HP series it was geared to younger readers. Hence, she used broad characterizations, as we saw in canon and with Molly in this and preceding chapters. You've taken this Molly and her one dimensional actions to the logical ending: her children are abandoning her, despite each of them loving their father. You also showed the excruiating effect on Arthur very well, while showing his innate high class and goodness. It's fun seeing you rearrage the Potterverse! - N Flamel
N Flamel chapter 20 . 7/5/2015
'Ginny smiled. "No sir, it's not a problem. Dad has five other boys."' Kevin, this is one of the most brilliant lines I've ever read in HP fan fiction. Not only is it among the funniest I've read, it summarizes how Ginny (and Harry and Hermione) feel about Ron, given his unbelievable behavior. Plus, the context is fantastic, again showing how mindlessly Ron goes through life, with his priorities totally out of whack. Thanks for this brilliant line in your increasingly deepening story.

Kudos again to you on how you handled the Second Task. The letters from their parents were pre-emptive, as well as their concerns as stated to the headmaster. The solution Harry, Hermione and Ginny came up with to 'save' Ron ranks with the most creative I've read. I found Gabrielle's underwater crisis to be easily believable. Albus trusts himself so much at this point in his life, he doesn't bother to research situations when he should. So, having his ill-considered Sleeping Spell cast exactly as he would over a full human is a life-threatening mistake I can easily see him make. After all, Veela are both avian and fire-oriented - about as opposite of water as one could imagine. The bonding follows naturally from this set up. Well done! Lastly, Apolline is a force of nature. Her reduction of DD to an English bastard was classic. The story needed a catalyst to move the kids' understanding of the bond forward. Her introduction also led to a very good solution to the myriad problems H, H and G have faced at Hogwarts and eliminates the Hell it would have been with Gabrielle added to it. From what you wrote in this chapter, it looks like you had lots of fun writing Gabi (one of my favorite OCs), especially with her current contradition of how she looks vs the feelings she now has as a bonded and a maturing Veela. Poor Harry! And I'm very interested in seeing how she affects the trio's dynamics.

As I've written before, this story just gets better and better, so much so it's dominating all my 'reading' time! - N Flamel
N Flamel chapter 12 . 7/4/2015
Kevin, i don't know if this was intentional on your part - you certainly have the talent to pull it off - but the story seems to gain in depth, complexity and nuance with each subsequent chapter. Since most of the characters are good people, this is a very good development. There is one character, though, who gets worse (as in disgusting, not how you're writing him), and that's Dumbledore. To provide perspective, I'm not a fan of his and that came from canon, while being added to by some of our more perceptive fan fic authors.

Your Dumbledore, with his internal monologues, is a monster. He's so caught up with his own self-importance and ego that he blithely tosses away any perspective, insight or opinions that don't fully agree with his. In this chapter, you painted a man who has obviously made huge errors in judgment, yet not only is he not remorseful, his first reaction is how to marginalize the right-thinking people and control Harry.

I hope this shows you how well i think you're writing his character, because you're damning him with his own (canon) words and actions. Excellent job! The rest of the story and characters aren't bad either (just teasing - you're doing a wonderful job). Looking forward to reading where you take us. Best, N Flamel
OriksGaming chapter 26 . 6/21/2015
The daily prophet woke me up as much as it did for Harry. The people who write for the Daily Prophet can't even spell Sabotage. ;)
Kai chapter 4 . 6/13/2015
I've been reading the story several times now, and while I'm looking forward to a lot of Molly!bashing later on, the Grangers and their care for Harry are a close second as my favourite part. Canon!Hogwarts is hardly more than a huge pile of shit, from the facility to the people, students, staff and governors, and everyone just accepts that. That there's someone who doesn't consider The Dumblefuck a god and His rulings Divine Commandments is VERY refreshing.
papiliokaze chapter 19 . 6/9/2015
when using even vague historical references please do at least some rudimentary research... kings dukes and knights are still normal in England. They might have lost some of their political power, but these titles are still a part of the socio-political system. on the other hand multiple partners per marriage were neither permitted nor practised at the very least since the christianisation of the British Isles in the second half of the first millenium A.D. A story as brilliant as yours with frequent refernces to traditionell culture should have the ambition to ground itself in facts and proper research and not rely on halfremembered historical non-facts. I am aware most people do not care about this, but as a PhD candidate on early modern and medieval history I can't helb but feel passionate about this. Other than this I really enjoyed this story so far as well as some of your other work. Thank you for sharing this with us...
Blitzstrahl chapter 15 . 6/2/2015
This was the first time Harry saw the real Molly from Ron's POV, so why would he be surprised Harry stood up to her BS?
Blitzstrahl chapter 4 . 5/30/2015
Is it intentional that the Weasley's seem to act creepy as hell when they get within eye site of Hsrry lol.
Blitzstrahl chapter 2 . 5/29/2015
7 galleon's is only £35, or $49
I don't get why people apply real world exchange rates. You need to consider that gold is worth less in Magical Society's because there's more of it. The Goblins for instance don't care about national borders if they discover a gold deposit in Germany they will mine that vein even if it crosses into France. The International Confederation of Wizards for instance the magical worlds U.N. Which Dumbledore is in charge of, didn't even blink when the Goblins launched a campaign of theft of Egypt operating out of Britain to "Curse Break and Tomb Raid"
KyoudaiDoushi chapter 33 . 5/21/2015
Just a couple things I noticed off about this chapter. 1) When discussing the Stone you only ever mentioned Harry and Gabrielle adding their blood to it but indicated that it was suppose to work for Ginny as well. Was there something in there about their bond that I just overlooked or did you just miss a person? 2) In the scene that hinted that Hermione was unknowingly pregnant and not handling it well (at least that's how I read it), you indicated that Hermione graduated from Hogwarts instead of Beauxbatons.
3,954 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »