Reviews for The Accidental Bond
LoonyLovegood chapter 17 . 3/18/2014
Why do I have a feeling that Fluer is going to become a bond mate and that the whole reason you are thinking of having them go to that school is because it is convienent? Its the wrackspurts, isn't it?
Anon chapter 11 . 3/8/2014
A much better wording for Harry's summary of his abuse: "Sir, harmed is harmed, whether it's by a Death Eater's wand or my cousin's fist or my uncle calling me a freak or my aunt starving me."
lisa.francis.96780 chapter 6 . 2/21/2014
I was really hoping Ginny would not be one of the girls. I don't hate her but neither do I like her and I don't like her with harry.
Caraline Fisher chapter 18 . 2/15/2014
It's sort of implied that it's up north more than Hogwarts. But since they don't say you can do whatever you want and no one will really care too much! Good story by the way
RykOakwine chapter 33 . 2/13/2014
Wonderful story, very charming, and the writing is really quite good, technically. No where near as many typos and grammar problems as most fanfic.

The story never gets close to M rated action, which future readers should take into accountmif looking at these reviews to decide if you want to read the story. It IS a very nice T Rated Romance\ Relationship story, so if that's what you are looking for, I cam certainly recommend this story.

Thanks to the author for sharing this with us!
RykOakwine chapter 31 . 2/13/2014
Wow, really surprised the Granger's have the gall, and bad manners, to sit in Harry's mansion and try to scold him AND HIS WIFE for their behavior.

Just really amazing how almost everyone in this story is so puritanical. Even the French are far more straight laced and prudish than any French people I've ever met.

Ome assumes the author has strong opinions about sex before marriage and has allowed those opinions to be echoed by many of the characters in the story.

And for an R Rated\M Rated story, the completely offscreen, Rated PG\Rated T consummation was pretty surprising. This story really does need to be correctly rated as T, it'll help set expectations more accurately.
RykOakwine chapter 28 . 2/13/2014
I think the long multi chapter denouement of this story is great. Most authors end up dragging themselves across the finish line, if they complete the story at all, resulting in endings that are usually abrupt and rather truncated.

It's nice that the author of this tale still likes his story well enough by the point the narrative impetus is more or less done to still want to say a few things, resolve a few points, explore a bit more of his characters lives. It's a nice change.
RykOakwine chapter 27 . 2/13/2014
Nice wrap up with the Board of Governors. Its a shame the woeful job the school does for its 1st year muggleborn students wasn't highlighted for fixing, but par for course with a Board of Pureblood members.

The terrible job the school does in preparing its students for lives other than as neo-peasants within Magical Britain (unless the student is a well connected Pureblood, of course) is one of its biggest failings (unless indoctrination and dependency on Magical Britain stratified class limited careers is part of its actual role in Magical Britain... in which case job well done) so every student should graduate with a UK school system degree or equivalent. Again, a serious problem no Pureblood member of the Board is likely to consider a big problem.

Still, nice to see Harry actually making good on the oft-threatened move to Beauxbatons pays off for some future students in Scotland.

And... hehheh, your stuff is packed and out front, Mister Dumbledore, thank you for your years of... service. Goodbye.
RykOakwine chapter 20 . 2/12/2014
Great chspter, and Gabrielle being bonded to Harry will certainly throw a spanner into the works if they aren't careful.

She's a veela, several years younger than Harry's other mates, she'll be more beautiful than they (just like Hermoine will be smarter, Gabrielle has her thing she will always be best at, namely, desirability), and she's naturally going to use her cuteness (later her desirability) to make her bondmate want her.

Picture Hermoine and Ginny starting to get older, after a few kids, their bodies changing so they are no longer young, nubile, sexy, girls, but mature, motherly, middle aged women. And their competition for their husband's affections will be the third wofe, Gabrielle, who will look 25 when they look 45 AND she will be a natural beauty to exceed all but the rarest non-veela woman?

Yeah, that's going to be a nightmare, I don't care how much they love and trust each other at 15.

Feel badly for Gabrielle too, since she's going to be forced to behave in a completely unnatural manner for the next 5-7 years, her completely natural veela passionate and sensual behavior will be constrained by her English (the people the French have mocked, with good reason, as prudes and being sexually repressed, for a thousand years) bond mates. By the time they finally give her "permission" to actually do what's totally natural for her, she'll be carrying around enough hangups and repressed desires she'll need years of therapy to heal.

Gotta feel sorry for all of them. It's a very bad situation for all four, none of them now have much chance of a long term happy life. The problems are terribly easy to see coming, and in my experience there's 10x as many problems as the ones that are easy to see!
RykOakwine chapter 14 . 2/12/2014
Maybe magicals are just way different from normal humans, but at the ages Harry, Hermoine, and Ginny are at in thks chapter (14, almost 15, and 13), advanced making out/snogging is almost universal among those with willing partners. Regular masturbation would be the order of the day for a guy Harry's age, and the girls would be doing more than just thinking about it.

Harry's of an age to be a freshman in high school (USA),and as I recall from my own freshman year a good 50% of my class were sexually active by then, and the ones who weren't were mostly from lack of opportunity, not desire. Or that % who were still hung up on religious grounds but even most of those went by the wayside by 15.

Just seems there isn't much DESIRE going on. That's pretty common in even M Rated fanfic, sadly, but it does make me wonder where people grew up that 14 year old guys weren't wearing out the sock drawer waiting for a chance at the real thing and most were willing to at least ASK their girlfriends, and many willing to push, at least SOME.
RykOakwine chapter 12 . 2/11/2014
The problem with Dumbledore starts and ends with him sending a member of the Order to Azkaban for 12 years of illegal imprisonment and torture.

And every one of Sirius Black's comrades in the Order somehow were all willing to go along with his imprisonment without a trial. None of them insisted on seeing tne evidence? None of them wanted to hear Black's defense, listen to hks side?

Beyond credulity, that is.

So Dumbledore, motivated to remove problematic influence from Harry's life, insured none of Black's comrades in the Order ever questioned tbe official story, never pursued the fact tnat there was no trial.

Pretty heavy mind charms, to do all that.

There are good reasons why Manipulative Bastard Dumbledore is a common theme in fanfic. Primarily that it covers a dozen huge plot holes, very well.

Once in a while authors try to show Dumbledore as well meaning but misguided or good at heart but overconfident. They are forced to ignore the evil done to Sirius Black by Dumbledore, who led the organization Sirius risked life and limb fighting for and through Sirius under the bus in a big way.

We all know the real issue is that Rowling shat the bed with the whole Fidelius\Sirius\Potters\Pettigrew\Azkaban story. But manipulative Bastard Dumbledore does solve a lot of Rowlings screwups.
RykOakwine chapter 9 . 2/11/2014
I like the way the author treats Ginny, here. Acknowledging that she comes from a poor family, that in spite of not having any older sisters she still got subjected to hand-me-down clothes and never got to feel special and pampered.

At 12 years old that sort of attitude is understandable and doesn't make her a bad person. And she's young enough that she still thinks of herself as a good person, tjat she still IS a good person. Life hasn't beaten her down yet or turned her petty or greedy.

Her genuine love for Harry, selfless and mature far beyond her years, put her on the path to staying a good person, a path that wil. avoid becoming the oft-pictured greedy, fame chasing, society hound Ginny Weasley that's commonly found in fanfic for post-school stories.

Well done, and the same bond between Hermoine and Harry should temper Hermoine's worst characteristics, such as her terrible bossinesss and mindless devotion to authority, going so far as to rat out her friends on occasion "for their own good", of course.

I kinda hope no more witches get added, since I could actually see this Harry, Hermoine, and Ginny, making a real go of things and pulling it off. But im sure the collection has just started. I'm okay with Harem stories, it's just that usually the older characters get pushed into the background by whoever the conquest of the week is, so by chapter 50 we might be reading a well done and interesting chapter of Daphne Greengrass being added to the harem, but we'll not be reading about Harry, Hermoine, and Ginny. And that would be a shame, as good a job as the author did getting us to this point.

we'll see, eh?
mcgaughydd chapter 33 . 2/4/2014
Bravo! Brilliant story!
Kidagirl8 chapter 24 . 1/30/2014
I dont know why harry didnt tell them how the bond forms I mean that secret is also under the fidelius charm so even if they wanted to talk about it to someone who doesnt know about it they couldnt.
Guest chapter 28 . 1/21/2014
i think in reality, what you have written, in relation to gabrielle and ginny, would piss harry off when he found out that they were manipulating him. and before you say he'll understand, please shut up.
the truth is that he will feel betrayed and hurt that instead of talking with him face to face they used subterfuge and his trust to gain something for themselves. It would mean they were selfish and taking advantage of his willingness to please them. I think you probably going to make him nearly instantly submit to them when he finds out, and that would be stupid.
3,792 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »