Reviews for The Accidental Bond
InfernoChomp4444 chapter 2 . 6/15
j j. k n nnj .kjkszpj k kpjj. kjknmjkjk n llmllhn KB k..pmmpmol... .l.l. MB mp MNM mplml MN. MN m. MN. MNM ..nmjl
nnmlnpnn..k pk
pk jl p
L .poll MN p .p..
. mom MNM L.. ...lnj.m ...n. p.. MNM
Shaddy07 chapter 6 . 6/14
I'm tempted to quit this story. So frickn typical for Ginny to get what she wants. Ugh.
mckertis chapter 3 . 6/6
What in the world is "coolly" ? Did you want to write "colly", which is a breed of dog ? Or "cooly", which isnt even a word ? I swear, you USians must not have any schools at all. Either that, or in committing all the school shootings you must have killed off all of the capable teachers you had.
Alex the Digital HellReaper chapter 2 . 6/4
you know, I never did understand why Emma and Dan were their names, until now. when I read your lineshe looks like Hermione but grown up' I put 2 and 2 together, after that it wasn't so had to figure out why Dan is used.
Already bashing and mega ooc
I will try to read bit more before decision
Sierra Kilo chapter 33 . 5/26
Great story man!
Collectore chapter 23 . 5/19
I may be mistaken, but didn't you say earlier you were going with an exchange rate of 1 Galleon 100 GBP?
So Harry just hands them all 2500 Pounds? That's something I already noticed with the price of Mr Tonks services but it keeps reappearing and is frankly a bit confusing.
AaronD1 chapter 33 . 5/16
So... I enjoyed the story for the most part. I will admit to being disappointed that it didn't exactly live up to it's M rating.

The problems that I had with this story didn't really begin until almost the end. The one major exception to this is that Fluer was not part of the bond. Another thing is that the bond was not between the girls as well.

I'm not the type of person that wants a Climax and then an epilogue. That always leaves me really unsatisfied with a story. An example of this is the seventh book: The epilogue was crap. When I become invested in a story as much as I am with Fanfiction, I basically want to eat up anything and everything to do with the world - even if it doesn't contribute to the plot. With a story such as Harry Potter, I want to see what it's like for those characters to live in that world. So with that said I appreciate that you extended the story past the fight with Voldemort, however, it was quite unsatisfying.

I also found it to be very distasteful that Harry and Hermione are essentially waiting for Gabi to die so that their relationship isn't "as complicated". The most complication that I saw with their relationship was of their own making. I really don't think that it was the right thing to do to separate the wives every night. I can understand that it's good to set aside alone time for each wife though.

If I were to do a similar story I would have the bond be between all those involved, and not just a link to Harry. I would add Fluer to the bond and I would have the wives become quite a bit more intimate with each-other. I would also write the lemons. I would also then remove any conversation about waiting for one wife to pass on so that it isn't as complicated - that really put a bad taste in my mouth.

Overall this was a great story.
AaronD1 chapter 27 . 5/15
This is probably one of the best scenes of "fixing hogwarts" that I have ever seen. You were quite thorough and brought up points I had never thought of before, like Hooch being overpaid to organise 6 games a year.
AaronD1 chapter 25 . 5/15
I thought that Fluer was going to join... Harry saved her in the lake in the book.
I never underfund that part why would Flamel give up his life line that he kept safe for SIX HOUNDERD years to a child (Albus) compared to him. And for that stone to be the only one he made, I mean if I were Flamel I would have at least made a copy.
suziq968 chapter 11 . 4/24
We could also pretend that one of Lily's Muggleborn classmates went to work for Disney it is the magic kingdom after all.
Simianpower chapter 26 . 4/22
Your A/N says that there's no "dramatic action" because this is a story about relationships. But in that case, it should not be labeled as Drama/Adventure, but rather Drama/Romance. It's appropriate that this come up in a chapter called "Clearing the Air". You basically lied to your audience from the get-go about what the story's about, so shouldn't be surprised when you're called on it at the end.

Also, Harry can't take anything out of his family vault until he's 17. You explicitly stated that two dozen chapters ago and are now ignoring it. The inconsistencies are building up even after the story's basically over!

Plus also, Granger Rules 1 and 2 can be translated to: "We don't really trust any of you but we don't have any chastity belts." What asshats. Protecting their daughter's "innocence" when she's already basically married is idiotic.

And, finally, doing Harry Potter Standard Powerups (Hallows, family manor, Dobby bonding, etc) all AFTER Voldemort is dead is really pretty boring and pointless. Essentially everything's already done, and the rest can be summed up as "They lived happily ever after and grew ever more powerful." I think I'll just stop here and stick with my 7/10 rating rather than read another 6 chapters and just get pissed that nothing is happening that shouldn't have happened a long time ago. (This story really needed some work on pacing and conflict!)
Simianpower chapter 25 . 4/22
How did Harry even know where the Acromantula nest was? You removed that part of the story in year two because they never took the flying car. Again, an unexpected result of changes to the story.

In general, I find this Harry to be something of a wimp. He never faced most of the trials that made canon-Harry tougher. He never fought Quirrelmort. He never fought his way out of a nest of acromantulas. He negotiated his way out of a fight with the basilisk rather than fighting it (and then NEVER ONCE contacted it again?!). He never tested his Patronus against a hundred Dementors. He had WAY more help with the tournament than in canon. And he ACCIDENTALLY KILLED VOLDEMORT! Really? Without even knowing about it? That's the lamest end I've ever seen!

I love me some good Harmony (particularly Lunar Harmony, and I'm still not sure why you didn't include Luna), and this was fairly well written, but it's all too easy. You made Harry have a strong support structure and allies, beefed up his magic and training, all while making him sort of wimpier than in canon, but never upped the challenge level to accommodate that. The story is good, but there's no sense of tension or threat. Nothing ever went wrong for more than a few paragraphs. "Oh, no, Gabi is captured... wait, nevermind." It's that fast! A good story needs conflict, and there really isn't any here except that Molly's a bitch. So I can't give full marks for the story. I'll go 7/10, because it is well written and entertaining, but the other three get taken off due to inconsistencies, following canon too closely, and lack of conflict.
Simianpower chapter 23 . 4/22
Hermione is such a hypocrite. If she'd told Harry to face the wall and turned around to see him watching her change, she'd have blown up at him. And yet she does it without a thought. I really hate that about both canon and fanon Hermione, and the broader culture in general. If a girl looks/touches/etc, it's accepted, but if a guy does he's a pervert who needs to be stopped.
3,934 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »