Reviews for The Accidental Bond
David M. Potter chapter 7 . 2/4/2010
Great book! BRAVO! I do hope it continues soon. May the muses be with you!
Meteoricshipyards chapter 7 . 2/4/2010
Thank you for the update. The story is very enjoyable. Liked the take on the Weasleys; that is indeed one description of Molly that I've harbored for quite a while. (Maybe not so controlling, but definitely so overprotective that she drives away her children).

The question is what will Dumbles do when he finds out about the bond. I would guess that Harry will not be able to go to beauxbatons, despite what his guardians want.

Now, which witch will be next? I can see him saving someone from Dementors, except that he faints at first, so that might take until later in the year.

With guardians, he'll be allowed to go to Hogsmeade, and won't have to do it illegally. Don't know if that will be much of a plot point...

Thanks for the story. Looking forward to more. And hope that Luna shows up, at least as a friend.

Tom A.
Ryan Chessman aka Crys chapter 7 . 2/4/2010
Though "witches" doesn't exclude Gabrielle Delacour (despite her genetic heritage) in a year and a half, does it?

Fun story thus far.

As obsessive as AD is about Harry, I half-way expected a series of obliviations when the complaints came in during the middle of first year. He didn't, which means two things. 1) he's not as evil/MOB as in many stories and 2) you could keep moving forward with the plan you clearly have

Hmm. Will Snape teach Harry and Hermione next year? Based on previous chapters, it sounds like "no", but nothing has been mentioned since. Wonder how that will play out.

Surprised that Grangers haven't gone further in networking the muggle-born parents. And given them all copies of the handbook and complaint form.

Good story. Looking forward to more.
Elia950 chapter 7 . 2/4/2010
good story!*_*

I agree with your beta “moshpit”! it would be pretty awesome other than amusing, if harry could do that *_* i always like when 'magical' creature are female and can actually 'love' a human both if they can or not assume a humanoid form.

Continue soon!
Lord Grond chapter 7 . 2/4/2010
Now than Harry understood how he become bonded with both Hermione and Ginny he will have to be more carefull with who he save in the future at leat before The Wizarding World knew what happen to the Witches he save. The newt question to answer is what is different from Harry than cause him to bond with Witches he save and why happen, im waiting to see the visit of Harry and his family to Beauxbattons because i dont have read too many fics where this school appear almost is Durmstrang or some original school than Harry transfer or visit and Beauxbattons is nice for a change, until the next update i want to see Harry and Hermione argument for stay in Hogwarts.
AngusH chapter 7 . 2/4/2010
Great new chapter.

I definitely see the reason for your warning back in chapter 1, given Ginny's revelations.

It's going really nicely and I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter.
nat3738 chapter 7 . 2/4/2010
Is the year three including only the talking and researching? It would be far complicated if they are still finding about the bond and then the next girl join them ). Anyway, I thought I should be waiting for Fleur now. (I beg you don't leave her out!)
Vukk chapter 7 . 2/3/2010
I think a lot of stories have Molly so controlling she pushes her kids away. Oddly enough, its usually Ron and or Ginny who are the least bothered.

Why will 3rd year almost double the length of your story? As long as your stories are, will that mean there will be a lot more interactions between Harry and his girls?
trongod chapter 7 . 2/3/2010
This is an excellent AU treatment of the Potter-verse, with a very addicting way of looking at everything from a different perspective. Although I'm hoping to see Luna defended early third year from her Ravenclaw abusers, assuming THAT is still on tap for this timeline.

So far, Harry has 2 Gryffindors; hows about 2 Hufflepuffs - Susan and Hannah - and the 2 Ravenclaws - Luna and author

s choice, even the disappearing Lisa Perks- and the 2 Slytherins - Pansy (?), Tracey, Daphne, Astoria, Millicent ('cause she seldom gets in on a good deal...)
ladysavay chapter 7 . 2/3/2010
Okay, I have to admit I'm one of those who aren't all that crazy about Harry having any relationship with Ginny, but I can deal with it. What worries me is just how many of these you plan to make. I mean, knowing Harry's inherant nobility and the times in canon he saved a female from danger you can automatically add in Fluer, Gabrielle, Luna, and Katie Bell ( I tjhink it was Katie who got the necklace via Draco, wasn't it?) as bonded to him.

There is no way they could stay in Britain with that many 'wives' and Mom and Dad Granger would simply blow a gasket. I can't imagine they'd take Hermione's bond well, let alone all the others. That would just kill his relationship with them altogether. in addition, you have to now finesse a way to keep Molly out of Ginny's life and Albus from interferring. Good luck with that.

I don't know how you plan to move this along, so I will just have to keep reading and hope you've thought it all through.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 7 . 2/3/2010
24 hours in the chamber and no chamber pots or bog rolls?

Good chapter. Thanks for the update.
dennisud chapter 7 . 2/3/2010
I am enjoying this very much. A very likable Ginny and so far other then the issues around and influenced by the bond they are pretty much IC!

I suggest something here, Maybe a character who has some knowledge on bonds might be either created or a known character given this plot tool to use and then verified, the current trio can deal with everything. I'm curious as to whom would join in their third year (H/Hr) while its obvious whom the fourth and fifth year will bring.

dennisud
Andrew Joshua Talon chapter 7 . 2/3/2010
I like the dysfunctional Weasley family idea as well. If you're interested, I have my own idea for how to make Ron develop into a likable guy. It's actually fairly simple.

Make it so that when he was little, he found a Muggle analog video camera and made movies for fun. Molly, however, found out and barred him from doing it. But, a little coaxing from Ginny encourages Ron to take up his old hobby and he decides to learn more magic related to making movies. Hermione and he can bond over Muggle cinema and he gets to be good in something that none of his other brothers have done before.
what are you even saying chapter 7 . 2/3/2010
Excellent story you've got going here. I'm really impressed. I like your characterizations, although I have to hope that Hermione will continue to relax as the years go by.

I'm exceedingly glad you decided against having Harry bond Sheba or Hedwig.

Looking forward to more.
loretta537 chapter 7 . 2/3/2010
harry could always bond with the basilisk using a familiar bond
3,938 | « Prev Page 1 .. 218 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 238 .. Last Next »