Reviews for The Soul Job
yamiduke13 chapter 3 . 11/14/2014
This was awesome. I really enjoyed it and I think you did a fantastic job with it. kind of wish that there had been more Spike or Buffy but all in all it was very god.
mysticaljayne chapter 3 . 7/10/2014
I enjoyed the crossover. Have fun
SevyLu chapter 3 . 2/10/2013
Fun crossover. The ending felt a little rushed, but the characterizations were believable. Would be fun to see more of this crossover 'verse.
Lozzarooni chapter 3 . 1/16/2013
Amazingly awesome and excellently written.
simys chapter 3 . 12/30/2012
Truly amazing, Really have never read a Lindsey I liked better I feel that you really got a handle on his Drive and outlook, also I have never liked Eliot/Lindsey brotherly interaction more I think you really brought out the best in this.

:) :) :)
Shadowfax chapter 3 . 5/23/2011
This story is made of so much win. Twice the Chris makes everything better, and you write all the characters beautifully; Eliot's PoV is spot on.

I love that out of all of the group Parker is the only one with prior experience with the occult, as Eliot suspected, and I love that she met Dru. That's 40 pounds of crazy in a 5 pound bag, and is a meeting almost too awesome to comprehend. I particularly love the way the group responds to the incident; they don't write off Dru being crazy as Dru just being crazy, they examine her words and analyze the encounter- which is what they DO. It was just entirely perfect. I also love that Parker takes comfort from knowing that her joining the gang was destined; she is very loyal and, as we find out later in the show, she has in the past fallen in with those who weren't quite as much. It was nice to see her small pleasure at knowing that being with her "family" is where she's supposed to be.

I agree with Eliot that the end payoff was a little too easy... but it felt exactly like an episode of the show (Leverage, that is) which can ask a bit much in the way of suspension of disbelief, so that was also perfect.

Lastly, seeing Lorne's "defection" to Angel's team from the outside as it were, from Lindsey's relating it to Eliot, helped me to realize what annoyed me so much about his character 5th season. When we first meet The Host he is a demon whose allegiance is apparently neutral; he helps people find their destiny, and he doesn't care if they are good or evil as long as they are pursuing their true path. By the final episode of season 5 he has apparently forgotten all of this and has instead become dedicated to helping Angel follow the path Angel has decided is correct for the world. Lorne does what Angel wants even though it expressly goes against what he thinks is right; I've always disliked characters who allow others to bully them into doing things they think are wrong, but I never understood why this annoyed me quite as much as it did with Lorne. There was just so much wasted potential with his character. So anyway... thanks for inadvertently helping me put words to that! ]
Touch of the Wind chapter 3 . 8/16/2010
A wonderful story!
TatraMegami chapter 3 . 8/4/2010
I loved this story and not just for the crossover. I loved all of the characterizations! This was just an awesome story. :D
Nightwatcher'sunknowngirl chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Well, I'm addicted. :D
Lisette chapter 3 . 3/9/2010
Loved this story! Leverage has been a recent passion for me and my husband, and I was so excited to see that one of my favorite BtVS authors put out a crossover that so wonderfully exploited Christian Kane's tie to both shows. As always, you have a wonderful knack of portraying the characters as we see them week in and week out. You nailed Elliot, Nate, Hardison and Parker (my favorite character), and you of course did splendidly with the cast of Angel. Everyone felt in-character - a key aspect of any story for me - but moreover, you crafted a wonderful plot that sucked me in and was entertaining to watch unfold. *grins* Though I have to admit that you have me hoping for a nice little sidestory in which Elliot does look up Buffy, because that pairing is all kinds of fun - and their oh-so-brief interaction may have been the highlight for me.

Either way, your writing is fantastic and I want to thank you for taking the time to let this bunny become fully devleoped and see light. Reading your stuff is always a pleasure! Thank you!
themonkeytwin chapter 3 . 1/26/2010
Hey, really enjoyed this. Your crossovers are usually pretty fun, but this was nice and meaty. Plus, a bonus for all of us who wanted to see more of Lindsey (and frankly found him just a little more interesting than Angel anyway ...), and the play between the "twins" was entertaining. Their relative stubbornness and moral journeys are interesting to compare. Thanks for the effort you put into this!
BookWorm37 chapter 3 . 1/2/2010
The mental image of a date between Eliot and Buffy has me cracking up! It would totally be just past midnight in a graveyard with the two of them kicking ass side by side.

Great job. I really liked this story. Your universe is quite interesting. Perhaps an introduction to their sisters in the future would be good? I don't know. ... I like it.
Morrolan chapter 3 . 12/28/2009
Love this.
FightMasterSlay chapter 3 . 12/23/2009
Awesome!At least Lindsey didn't die in your story,like on the have to do a follow the conversation with Nate,having Lindsey join the team and have Eliot woo Buffy!PLEASE?I'll give you Virtual cookies if you do...Just yeah I REALLY wanna see Eliot woo 'd be such a great pairing to see.
wild wolf free17 chapter 3 . 12/23/2009
This is utterly fantastic!