Reviews for Sarafina's Parenting Test
nim draug chapter 7 . 7/28/2011
ha ha ha ha - lol - love the turnout!
jojoberry chapter 7 . 6/14/2011
another wonderful conclusion to another wonderful story!
jojoberry chapter 6 . 6/13/2011
they got what was coming to them
jojoberry chapter 5 . 6/13/2011
ha simbas super screwed
jojoberry chapter 4 . 6/13/2011
HA scared of a little lizard? oh well
jojoberry chapter 3 . 6/13/2011
poor sarabi
jojoberry chapter 2 . 6/13/2011
screw that simba!
jojoberry chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
hmm to bad for the pride
TigressPL chapter 7 . 7/15/2010
Finally I come to review something written by the author of probably the biggest number of reviews in a row I've ever seen, posted in ATEV ;) Though surprisingly, I ended up reading this story not at all because of you being the author - I found the sequel of this and it just looked interesting. Only later did I realize I recognize the pen name.

The story's written very well - from an original topic chosen (which is an achievement already) to the seemingly impeccable writing style. You don't exactly use much of a complicated vocabulary (at least within this story), instead offering an easy-to-read, grammatically spotless text. If I was to find an area of improvement for this story, though, it would certainly be the chapter length - I myself prefer writing short chapters, but this is a little overdone.

As for the plot, it's cogent and coherent - though the reason Nala does all those pranks does seem a tad forced, as though you had an idea for the whole story but the catch for Simba to drag Nala into his game. The characters are also very well done, it fun to read about the differences in cub-raising tactics between those two lionesses, Simba is an impish plotting hairball shown in the movie. And of course, the main character - Nala (you may have wanted to focus on Sarafina more, but from how it came out, it's her daughter who's really standing in the spotlight most) - is very much like her original self: curious, pure-hearted and, well... simply adorable as a child.

I must also applaud the usage of humor in this work; though I wouldn't call it the leading thread of the story, the humorous scenes were still well carried out. My personal best would be Sarafina's reaction to Nala's second prank, I couldn't help laughing all the time I read the description.

Moreover, I like it very much that you kept to a certain characteristic feature of the original movie, not quite often seen in fanfiction (at least from my point of view, though I don't read much of randomly chosen stories). And what I'm implying is the educative side to this work of generally entertaining purpose - it could very well make for a great reading for any child that has seen TLK. Thanks to the mentioned simplicity of vocabulary and easy-to-discern motto, they should enjoy it as much as I did.

And for that I want to thank you most - for sharing a piece of your work for others to enjoy.

Tigress.
ka137 chapter 4 . 7/13/2010
This is so funny! I love it!
AshWolf Forever chapter 7 . 6/22/2010
Really well done. I loved this story. You caught the characters perfectly.
Shembre chapter 6 . 4/2/2010
I thought this story was adorable, humorous, and well written. I think by adding the final final chapter you made a good decision. The situation you came up for the cubs were awesomely funny and interesting as well. Probably my favorite part was at the end when Nala thought she was going to get into trouble for harming Simba, who you made into a jerk very well! :D

SunRise19 chapter 7 . 2/27/2010
*claps* brilliant! It made me laugh..it was so cool! I loved this story! Amazing! BRILLIANT! I can't wait for you to write more Lion King fics, you're so awesome at them!
SunRise19 chapter 6 . 2/27/2010
LOL! Loved it! Really! That was brilliant! Ironic yes! I'm so off to read the seventh chapter!
psychic chick chapter 1 . 2/20/2010