Reviews for Consider The Sea
NoahBody chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
This is... amazing. Your control of emotion is just... damn. In a story where nothing huge happens, a story that barely breaches a couple of pages, I almost cried. Not a lot of stories can do that. I'm sorry that this review is not remotely constructive, but I don't know what to say other than please never stop writing. Something about your style, the little details and nods to the characters as we know them is just totally enrapturing. The interactions between Cinna and Finnick seem so real, and perfect for who these characters are and where they come from. Even Finnick's interaction with Annie, and the way you portray her, are perfect. Thank you for this fic.
gardenpixie chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
Amazing!
eurydike79 chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
Thanks for writing this little story, I liked it a lot. Cinna and Finnick are my favourite characters in the trilogy and I wished there were more stories about them.

"Finn is sort of crying when he tells Cinna I need you, and all Cinna can do is murmur I'm here and bring him to climax, to hold him close as he shatters and mends again."

Beautiful. It seriously doesn't take more than a sentence like this or a verbal exchange like this:

""My name's Cinnamon, but my friends call me Cinna."

"He called you Cinna""

to make me melt. I'm so predictable. :-)
sheriff stilinski chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
So excellent. I usually adore Finnick/Annie, but I was rooting for Cinna/Finnick. Your story was written so simply and it was just so lovely. Love love loved it.
paper parasols chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
beautiful. from cinna's relationship with finnick to the meeting with annie. i am finding out i love cinnafinnick (even if finnickannie will always have my heart). definitely added to my favorites :)
Astoria Potter chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
Oh, how good and screwed up (in the best way) and fantastic is this? Amazing, as always, bb. (: ( IGNORE MY STALKERY WAVING OVER HERE )

And the end part with Annie: oh so pretty.

LJ is blocked where I'm at atm otherwise I would leave you some feedback there, but just wanted to let you know that this is very well done! (:
Martin Forum chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! I was breathing so hard at "the bed." This seems so... Erotic? A little bit, I guess, but it was very exciting. Imagine Finnick like that in the original series. It was so saddening. This must be your best work because I think it is.
FinalFallenFantasy chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
This... I've only just finished Catching Fire and... this... It's as perfectly executed as Suzanne Collins' own handling of the intercharacter relationships. Well done!
sophia666 chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
wow. i love this- the brief portrayal of Annie with Finnick, and Cinna and Finnick's relationship. all of this flowed together so naturally, and Finnick cracking. My favourite lines are-

Finnick asks Cinna if he loves him, one morning after dark, and Cinna blinks, and pauses for too long before he says, "I don't have any kind of frame for comparison."

That makes Finn laugh, and kiss him, sort of sweetly, for Finn. "For someone from the Capital," he tells Cinna, "you're disarmingly honest."

and

Finnick is still like the sea, back of his eyes roiling, uncertain like the waves. His fingers are twined with hers, like if he lets go she'll die, or maybe the other way around.

This is who you love, Cinna thinks. Out of all the beauties of the Capital, you pick this little broken girl. "Hey there," he says, gently, because she is still above all else a frightened child (like Finnick, even though he doesn't know it, or refuses to show it).
Siri chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Honestly, when Finnick appeared in the book for the first time I had such an impression 'omG, he's so gay, I love him!':)

...

I really should finally do my maths' homework (which is very long and definitely too difficult for me). But instead of doing the obligatory work I decided to read some fanfiction. And although I hardly ever comment stories when I found yours I just had to.

That was incredible, really. I liked this fic very much... It was short, sad and bitter. I feel for Cinna but somehow I understand Finnick.

Thank you. I wish you wrote more in this fandom.
FlameintheFlood chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
aw very sweet. broke my heart in just the right ways. love love love.
yggdrazil chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
Beautiful, I wanted to cry for Cinna.

As a gay teenager myself, I must say you capture the love perfectly

Brava!
Lana chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
Hi! I just wanted you to know that I absolutely LOVED this piece! I'm happy because I think that although Suzanne Collins is subtle, she's definitely had some mentions of homosexuality (notice how she always uses the generic word choice of "people" when describing Finnick's Capitol lovers?). And although I never thought of this pairing before, I think that, especially as you've written it, Cinna and Finnick both have that essence of them that makes them very compatible. They're both sort of on another plane, I guess (I know that sounds weird, but I couldn't really think of another way to describe).

One thing that did kind of confuse me was the line about Cinna's alcoholic mother. I kind of thought it was a nice plot line, but a little unnecessary.

Otherwise, keep up the GREAT work! I love your style a lot! (Plus, you have good grammar and spelling!)