Reviews for Cincinnatus's Women
Willful Redhead chapter 3 . 11/27/2011
Another great story. I love how you capture Daniel's voice - at least the way I imagine it. :)
Yalana Cotu chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
I accidentally googled into your story, and am enjoying it immensely.

But honestly, did you know that in Latin "mingo" means, "I urinate"? (Please, I am not joking. - Look it up yourself, if you do not believe me!) Wonder if poor ol' Dan'l knew that his Oxford educated, soon-to-be bff, was only "joshin' with him", when asked what his name was? Guess that it served the half-Cherokee-half-Brit right to get stuck with it for a name - whatever his "real" name really was.

It also means "big scary bear" in the Cherokee language.

Dan'l: "Who's that out there in the dark makin' all that racket?"

One Soon To Be Called Mingo: "A 'Mingo'! That's who!"

I always knew they both had a great sense of humor.

In Chickasaw the name does means "chief or "leader", though it does come down from Algonquian for "treacherous or sneaky" (We should all be as cautious, about anyone who would be a leader. Maybe the national deficit would not be as horrific!).

Keep up the great writing. You are very talented.
El Gringo Loco chapter 3 . 12/30/2009
An amusing story, which I suspect one character was lucky to escape alive. Still, I did the names of the rescuing brothers rather interesting. And I seem to recall hearing that combination of names elsewhere. Anyway, it was a fun story and I thank you for sharing it with us.
El Gringo Loco chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Three single women arrive in Boonesboro. Interesting. One can only wonder what Cincinatus might be up to? I look forward to reading more and finding out.
Melchy chapter 3 . 12/29/2009
Now this was quite the tale! I can actually see Cincinnatus doing something like this and the women sound very much like ones that a good Daniel Boone episode would feature. Poor Yadkin, if he ever does get caught he won't know how to handle it.

Good ending too. I must say. I liked the first person approach, the whole thing has a John Filson-esque flavor to it, with the flowering language of DB's autobiography. Well done.