Reviews for God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
writer chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
very nice story. Though there are AU elements, they flow smoothly making this a unique and original piece of work. You've got talent. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing this with us!
CSKazaam chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
Awesome story! I liked seeing everyone from Maryn's point of view.

Aww, the scene of Marlene running over to show Cloud the picture was really cute. X3

It's so hard to think of Sephiroth and Zack as being dead! But I really like how you wrote this, with Cloud never having spoken of anything before, and the others still not knowing much of what had happened. It does a great job of showing what things were really like after the events with Kadaj. And I like the connection you made with Ladybug's fic, both with Maryn and her memories of Seph and Zack, and Cloud's memories of what Zack had told him about Dismal, and Zack crying over Seph. So sad to hear about the events after so long, with Seph and Zack being dead! ;_;

I love Barret's toast to Zack! And Cloud's silent toast to Sephiroth. X3 And LOL, Barret's line about being mushy is priceless. XD
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
E, I'm thrilled that you're using Maryn in your fic! X3 And I love how this starts, describing the city and her predicament with the map.

Tifa coming to rescue her is totally awesome. Maryn noting Tifa's motherly nature in spite of knocking the creep out is a great line.

The Kadaj incident LOL.

Oh, Tifa thinking about 7th Heaven's business after the monster attack and why it decreased is very bittersweet and poignant.

Marlene's so adorable. O

LOL. I love Maryn being surprised at Cloud being a person.

And the whole conversation with him is so sad but sweet. So horrible, to hear that Sephiroth really did try to destroy the world! And such a shock for everyone, to hear that she knew both Sephiroth and Zack. I love where Tifa is thinking about what a strange coincidence it is.

I also love how Cloud finally decides he needs to tell her what happened to Zack, even though he's never spoken of it aloud before. ;_;

The part where Maryn goes and hugs Cloud is so adorable and sweet. X3

Barret acting so nonchalant when Cloud comes back is classic.

Oh, this whole last scene is my favorite. Beautiful and bittersweet. ;_; Cloud thinking he remembers hearing about Dismal from Zack, and Zack crying ... and wondering if Zack sacrificed himself for Cloud because he couldn't save Sephiroth... Even wondering if part of him wanted to stay in the world of the mako poisoning... A very sobering and sad thought, and possible, after all he'd been through.

Barret's toast to Zack and Cloud's silent toast to Sephiroth were wonderful. And the ending lines ... ! **squees.**

I totally love this.