Reviews for Thankful
Newsie4eva chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
:) aww so sweet! I love it!
Angel1029 chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
i want to write stories, so i am reading and seeng all those i like and will try to find similarites an good job! i love a lot of Christmas stories and i love this one. thanks for writing
Rustie73 chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
A delightful story.

It’s just what I needed to warm me on this snowy evening.
Miss Sarah Louise chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love this!

Just one little thing; the ending is a bit too abrupt after the long description of the "perfect" family he's looking in on. If you added a little more of a description of what the Lodging House looks like and how drastic the difference is, that would make this already great story a bajillion times better!

Happy Holidays and Keep Writing!

-Sarah 3
NYNA chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
This story could win the NYNA. The New York Newsies Awards! Have someone nominate you or even nominate you self. Good Luck! Visit wix newsies/nyna!
CES5410 chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
I love your holiday stories, they are so great! And of course this was no exception! It was bittersweet, where he wanted to be part of that family and was bummed out, but then he realizes what he has at the lodging house. Yourdescriptions were, as always, wonderful; I could totally visualize that room and see all the food. I wanted to be there, and it was plain to see why the boy wanted to be there too. It seemed so warm and inviting. I enjoyed the twist (for lack of a better term) at the end when he saw how lucky he was, because at first glance I thought he might not and this would be a sad little story! It amazes me how you can write something so short and still have so much depth involved. What a wonderful Christmas story!

Merry Christmas!

CES
chaoticmom chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
I have to ask was it skittery you were picturing for this one? It sure sounds like something he'd be thinking. lol

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! take care
Eavis chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
Love it!
AdrenalineRush16 chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
Aw, that's cute Lae! I say, its very nice to see something in my inbox that comes from you. I really miss your stuff. Although this was shorter than I would've liked (I want more writing from you goil!) it was nice. Short and sweet.

The description of the family was completely perfect. You captured all the imagery so well; I could see all of it in my head. I suppose imagery is always a strong point with you, but I don't comment on it very much; sorry! ;) It really shone out in this little fic, so nice work!

I'm going to say that newsie was Skittery, just because he's cool! Ha ha.

Merry Christmas!

-Adren

P.S. you put "newsy" instead of "newsie" in the summary fyi.
Pegasus M chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
Beautifully written and a lovely message! I love all the detailed imagery of the family celebrating Christmas. The narrative flowed so well, and I love how you revealed that the newsboy was looking in on the family from the outside. Then the last bit there with his realization - very nicely done! I also have to say I found it interesting that you took an anonymous character's point of view, too.

So glad to see you back writing! Happy Holidays!
whytewytch chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
Very nice! "Having" doesn't have to mean having the best, the most expensive, the prettiest-despite what advertisers try to tell us. Very good reminder of that at this time of year.