Reviews for You Listen, But You Just Don't Hear
Lexy chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Dean's right John, Sam's hurt and to top it off almostgot killed because you were wrong and wouldn't listen to him and you can't even wait till the poor kid wakes up to tell him "how much you love him" and "how proud you are of him" and how he was right and you should have listened to him.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
John just could not trust his sons to think for themselves and to operate as hunters.
phyllis stevens chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
i likes this story the character of caleb intriques me and i am all sammy girl. but who is exactlly responible for calebs being. i read about him from several different authors. i was told that he was the creation of ridley jamesw.
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
I know I am late with my review but no matter how tardy it maybe your writing still compells me to say my thanks. You show a Winchester family as three separate beings, assessing the disbalance and the danger to come with a pigheaded John trying to squash all independence out of his younger son, whilst his oldest has the guts to voice his fears of the damage and rendering to come. So how apt a title to a piece of writing this was as John fails to hear the warnings screaming out from both his boys, as subtle or loud as they might be voiced.

Loved this from the first word to the last and am just thankful that I could share my thanks with you.
Madebyme chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
Great fic Gill! I really liked all the action and fight sequences, they were fast paced and exciting and it's always a treat getting an extra long fic from you.

This is a tough time for the Winchester's, John and Sam feuding and Dean pretty much stuck in the middle but I think you did a good job here.

And it was nice to see Caleb make an appearance - for a while there I thought it was Bobby, nice little twist.

Fun stuff and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to read and review, the holidays were all kinds of crazy for me and I'm just now starting to catch up on my reading. Best wishes for 2010, take care, Abbi
carocali chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
I'm finding that I really do like the teen!chester stories. I love how Sam has done his methodical research and John just blows him off. Good thing that Sam "has a mind of his own and isn't pathetic!"

Great hurt/comfort fix! Thanks!

RedDragen chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
That was a real nice story, I wished you wrote more to it
sweetysmart0505 chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
This was a really great oneshot! I love the challenges you set between you two. Read Darksupernatural's as well. Both were amazing. Nice job on yours!
The Phantom Dragon chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
enjoyed it thoroughly as usual and Merry Christmas to u to
Swellison chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
Very nice! Gripping description of the hunt gone wrong and all its ensuing injuries. Like your Caleb, and all the Winchesters felt in character, too. I wish that Sam and Dad hadn't been yammering away at each other, but it felt right, too. Great title, underlining the story's point.

vonnie836 chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
Great job with this one. I'm so glad Caleb was with Sam and took care of him until Dean came. But it sure hit the poor kid bad once again. Dean was so right about his father and yet, I can't help but feel a little bit sorry for him, he is unable to talk to his youngest and that way is loosing him. Too bad. Looking forward to more great writing. Hugs, Vonnie
supernatfem76 chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
Word choices that I liked:

drum roll of pain

tumultuous whirlwind of emotions

colorful pattern of bruises

I liked how you began this one shot with two of the characters in the raging river and then eventually revealed who they were. Great job describing everyone's injuries. I liked John's apology even though it was to an unconscious Sam. Very thrilling and well done one shot.
ephiny63 chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
Hey Hon

I loved it! And it would be great if you could continue it, even one or two more chapters, there's a lot between John and Sam unresolved but also with Dean. And of couse Caleb he's hurt too! And I bet he might want to have his say too.

Hm I hope my hint wasn't too abstract and subtle! LOL

hugs and love Shelley chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
Awesome story Gill. Typical John, dismissing what his youngest has to say, taking it as insubordination, when in fact Sam was right all along. Good thing the younget Winchester put that yew in his brother's backpack and told him the banishing ritual as otherwise they would all be gonners! Loved the tension as the spirits attacked and Sam and Caleb went over into the icy water. And liked the twist that they weren't all banished and attacked again, Dean arriving in time to save the day. Perfect too his words that John took the easy way out and said what he said to Sam when he was unconscious. Just hope that on some level his youngest heard.

A really great read Gill. Merry Christmas to you.
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
*thwaps John* Great stuff, as always.

Merry Christmas!