Reviews for A Dickens of a Dream
Guest chapter 5 . 5/15/2013
I found this story by accident and it was awsome! I really enjoyed it and it is well written and worth a read by any fan!
abbyweyr chapter 5 . 7/5/2012
A dream of this type would make it easy for her to accept the Cullen's differences. Kind of an unknown preparation exposure. Delightful story. Thanks for sharing.
Razeus1 chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
Who is the Marley reference to? I get that in This story it's Edward.
Razeus1 chapter 3 . 10/28/2011
OK I just found this story and LOVE it!

Question: in the Twilight biology scene , Edward left with a leather-bound book only...was this the inspiration for his Christmas gift in your story here?
auravicen chapter 5 . 10/20/2010
Oh my gosh, that was beautiful. I actually had tears in my eyes while reading the last line... such a beautiful story, blondie! PERFECTLY HEARTWARMING...
Debbie in S. Florida chapter 5 . 7/20/2010
Awww, last chapter. But it's a good one, and I can reread anytime I like, so I'll live.

Loved the reference to her being uninjured after carefully opening her present. So fitting, considering how hugely a tiny event like a paper cut will affect her in the future. And so Bella, that once she made her choice, calm filled her. She always said that the hard part was choosing, but then once she did, she followed through. Though I doubt she ever had a clue about the enormity of this particular decision, huh? The one that would change not only her life, but so many others. Who would think that asking her dad if she could go live with him would change everything for everyone? I guess that's what Emmett had been trying to say, that every choice matters. I've thought about that many times in my life, how even one small choice made differently would've resulted in a completely different life. It's almost too big to think about.

It was so amazing how you had their voices in her head, each quote popping up at the most approprioate moment, though she didn't know where she'd heard them before. I'm all teary-eyed at the end of this, even though it held so many laughs for me (in a good way). I guess it's just such a perfect story. I mean, even though it was meant as a dream, it still is so amazing. She had a huge choice to make, even if she didn't realize it, and she made it and went on to meet the love of her life. Of her existence. How I'd love to see this on film. Scrooge who? And maybe someday you'll write about Edward's dream. That would be quite interesting, too. Anything about Edward is interesting, though, who am I kidding? He could just sit and stare at a wall and I'd love him. Especially if he was running his fingers through his hair or sparkling in the sunlight coming through the window. Or playing the piano. Never mind, just sitting there is good, too.

Love, love, LOVE this story. I wish I could favorite it again. Thanks so much for thinking about it in church that day. And there's no way you can be going to hell when you have this much talent! You guys are awesome.

Debbie in S. Florida chapter 4 . 7/20/2010
Again with Bella's descriptions: Tall, blond and brooding! SO fitting, though, yes, I would've been perfctly fine with a naked Jazz... The only problem I had was that I wished his shirt hadn't been buttoned up ALL the way to his throat, but I did LOVE his outfit. Gray is definitely underrated, isn't it? I've come to love it even more since Rob's gorgeousness wore that lucious gray suit on The View. Yum.

And how nice to see Alice, though I have to ask, since I'm not up on all things fashion, what, exactly, is a "teddy top"? I can't quite picture it. Not that it's a big deal, but I do enjoy your clothing descriptions, as I always like to know every little detail. Helps tremendously in picturing the scene.

Okay, so here go the fabulous nicknames: "Major Intensity", "Tink", "Major Silent-and-Spooky", "Major Concern", "Major Over-Protective", and especially, "Major You'd-Better-Let-Go-Of-My-Woman-Right-Now". So, so funny. Even her names for herself crack me up" "Old-Future Me," and "Ancient Future Me," and "Forks Me". Ha!

And Bella's comment about coffins and headstones reminded me of when she first goes to the Cullen's home and half-expects to see that kind of thing. I'm sure that's why you included this, right?

And I love Alice constant, totally-in-character cracks about Bella's wardrobe. I just love her. Isn't the coolest?

I did pick up pretty quickly on who Charlie was with, and that Alice wouldn't be able to see them because Seth would be with them. No mention of Leah, though? And Bella is a librarian. That's fitting. I'm so glad to think that Charlie is happily remarried. And wouldn't Seth make a great brother? Loved it when she called him a twenty-five year old toddler in her mind!

And you had her pinch the bridge of her nose! Alice recognized it right away. "Oh, you're perfect for him, alright!" That, of course, is so Edward, and that Bella would do it before she ever met him is so funny.

More nicknames. "Major Optimism" and "Major Who-Are-You-Kidding"! And how cool that he used his talent on her and she didn't know it; though, of course, how would she? I just loved that you were able to work those kinds of things about them in, even though she wouldn't get it. Like when Alice says, "Whether your dream guy is alive...or not..." And when Edward/Marley responds before anyone speaks. I'm sure Bella is mystifited, but I love that you put those things in.

The future visions of B&E were wonderful. The mistletoe and her being changed, though, of course, she thought she was a ghost, and the meadow. Ahh, the meadow. And no meadow scene is complete without SparkleWard. Thanks for that. Love those.

I just can't tell you how much I love this story. So much that I'm going to print it out read over and over with a huge smile on my face!

Debbie in S. Florida chapter 3 . 7/20/2010
Ahhh, you guys kill me. Fedoraward. Yup, that's a good one. He'll live on in my fantasies, too.

More hilarious nicknames. The Hulk. Ha! I adore Emmett. I mean, his personality preceeds him, doesn't it? You know who he is the second he opens his mouth. He's always just Emmett, through and through. You guys have him down to perfection. And Lana. Perfect. That's actually who I always pictured when I read the books (pre-movie). So fitting. "I thought Dad said she was smart." So Rosalie.

Awww, again with the sad Charlie. Just the thought of him alone-again-on Christmas morning, missing his baby girl, makes me all teary-eyed. And Bella studying the procession of her pictures on the mantel was illuminating, huh? I always thought of that when I read the books, how sad it that all he had of her was a bunch of pictures and an empty room from when she was a baby. It must have torn him up to see her growing up without him, year by year.

Loved "evolution of dentistry" and the Flowbee reference. Priceless. And, "Well, at least you grew into your teeth." I laughed out loud on that one. Rosalie is so hilarious, even when she doesn't mean to be. And Emmett waxing all philosophical. I always knew he had it in him. He's much more sensitive that he lets on. And he's so right. It was so ironic that she wonderred if she'd make the same choice as Charlie had, to stay in Forks and wait for someone to come back to her? Which, of course, we know she did in the future.

"Let's blow this popsicle stand," and, "Whadja get, whadja get, whadja get?" Again, pure Emmett. Did you guys think of a bunch of Emmett-isms and then choose the best ones? You always get it right on the nose.

I thought it was fitting to show Rosalie's moment of introspectio as she watched Bella's family on Christmas morning, which would certainly have reminded her of everything she'd missed out on.

Another good one: "If I died in my dream, would I wake up?" I wasn't surprised that it would be Rose who would scare her!

And Christmas morning with the Cullens. I did catch the eight reference, but wasn't sure if she'd see herself in the group until I remembered they wouldn't have shown her that. No, I didn't think of it being Rose #2 until you told us. Oh, and rainbow Christmas lights dancing on Edward's skin? Definitely magical. Wish I could have that on Christmas morning. Yum.

And Emmett's greatest wish: sandwiched between two Rosalie's! Again, hilarious and so true. Oh, and JaspHair. I say yum again. Guess that makes me a lonely women, too!

As you can tell from my non-stop comments, I LOVED this chapter. Every line was a treat. Laughter, sadness, irony, introspection, melancholy, I loved it all. You guys are brilliant. Truly you are. The only thing missing was Edward playing the piano-then it would've have been absolutely, positively perfect. There's not much I love more than a piano-playing Edward. Hey, I'm just sayin', in case you feel like writing that for me in the future...

Debbie in S. Florida chapter 2 . 7/20/2010
Awww, I love getting to see Charlie and baby Bells. It always broke my heart to think of him losing her after such a short time, and then suffering in silence all those years. I'm glad you showed what a wonderful daddy he was to her. She needed to see that, to know what she meant to him. I guess as a parent, it killed me to think of him seeing her so little throughout her life, and while we didn't see much of it in the books, I always thought about how sad he must have been before and how happy he was when she moved in with him. That wouldn't made it even more difficult every time she disappeared. I mean, he finally had his time with her and she was gone. I always felt for him.

And your nicknames are great. Baby Me. The Prince. Snow White. Magnificent Marley. The Royals. So funny. And oh yeah, Edward in a suit and a fedora? Love that more image than words.

You guys thought of everything in this story. Clair De Lune as Ewdard's ringtone on Carlisle's phone? Perfect! And I have to agree with you guys. Edward in a fedora... Messy hair after taking it off... And definitely in a bathtub wearing only a fedora. Yeah, I'm all tinigly, too.

Debbie in S. Florida chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Okay, I'll admit that this is my second time reading this, and I didn't review the first, but will now. I'll start off saying you guys are brilliant. This is so unbelievably good. I've read your other work, so I had expectations for this, but you blew me away!

Here are my favorite quotes from this chapter:

"Seventeen isn't old, Mom." (Foreshadowing a little? We all know Bella's obsession with age not too far in the future!)

"This wasn't my normal fantasy about Mr. Darcy, it seemed." (Ha! That would be so Bella, fantasizing about him. Perfect! Of course, that was before she had Edward to fantasize about, and after him, there's no need for anyone else, right?)

"That was graceful." (Ha again! His first impression was right on target!)

"He was fantastically beautiful." (Okay, perfectly true.)

"Damnation comes in many forms." (So something Edward would say.)

Ahh, this is just such a great start to a great story. I can't believe how well you pulled this off. I keep thinking of this chapter as "Pre-Twi Bella". I mean, we all knew the general story of her life before Forks, but it's nice to get to experience a little slice of it, and to see just what it was that caused her to consider moving. She loves her mom and Phil and wants them to be happy and she's willing, as she puts it, to incarcerate herself to free them. That's our selfless Bella, all right.

Off to reread the rest!

Starshinedown chapter 5 . 6/17/2010
Ladies, you made me cry. It was lovely. Thank you for sharing this!

I'd love to know how the Cullens managed to land in Bella's subconscious in Arizona!
Starshinedown chapter 2 . 6/17/2010
I'm ages and ages late in getting to this part of my "to read" list, but I'm here! And I'm delighted that you two decided to write this spin on Dickens and Twilight. I'm enjoying it thoroughly.
TwilightFanInIllinois chapter 5 . 5/5/2010
This is the last one ... I've now read every one of your stories and I love them all. But this one ... my gosh, I didn't imagine how much I'd love it. The Christmas Dickens dream ... a wonderful thought. All of your writings through are really lovely. You have such a talent. I can't wait to add you to my author alert to see what else you come up with! :)
Jestak chapter 5 . 4/11/2010
What a sweet and beautiful story. You did a wonderful job adapting your source material to the Twilight-verse. And you are now definitely going on my favorite authors list. :)
Epic Styled Rug chapter 5 . 4/5/2010
I love this story! It was such a great idea, everything seems to fit perfectly! Well done! Definitely one of my fave fics! :-)